British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   ITA lodged 31st Oct (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/ita-lodged-31st-oct-594220/)

anniiee Feb 26th 2009 5:17 pm

ITA lodged 31st Oct

Hi,

I know I'm being terribly impatient lol but ..... has anyone with an ITA lodged 31/10/08 and no job offer heard anything yet ??
I'm getting worried something's wrong with our application :eek:

Cheesehead Feb 27th 2009 8:55 pm

Re: ITA lodged 31st Oct

Ours was lodged on 14th Nov - 125 points no job offer - we heard from our case officer today with a couple of questions. I'd had such a crap week at work that it completely lifted my spirits.
Someone else on the forum I believe in a similar situation (same sort of timings and no job offer but higher points) got granted PR last week. How many points did you have? Perhaps they do it in order of points??
Either way, you've got to assume that you'll hear back very soon.

anniiee Feb 27th 2009 10:11 pm

Thanks for the reply, now I'm really worried lol we have 120 points. I think I'll give them a ring next week if we've still not heard....just in case :ohmy:
Good Luck to you, hope everything works out ok :thumbup:

getmethere Mar 1st 2009 9:51 am

hi there

surely an e-mail can't hurt?

Can you e-mail your CO in a VERY nice tone and just say you're anxious to know when your application will be processed?

I can't see them holding this against you.

Good luck!

anniiee Mar 1st 2009 12:10 pm

Hi,

We don't have a CO as yet :( . I've decided I'm definatley going to contact them next week if I've not heard anything.
It maybe that cheesehead is correct and that they look at them in order of points.
The suspense is killing me....lol

anniiee Mar 2nd 2009 2:35 pm

Hi,

Thanks for all that replied, rang immigration today we have been assigned a CO :) she said he should be in touch soon. Now the nail biting really begins lol

angmargien Mar 2nd 2009 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by anniiee (Post 7337796)
Hi,

Thanks for all that replied, rang immigration today we have been assigned a CO :) she said he should be in touch soon. Now the nail biting really begins lol

Hi All

I lodged my ITA before Xmas & NZ London got in touch in the first week of the new year to query something on the app. This was sorted within the same week and up til today I had heard nothing since.

So I decided to take the plunge and call them today. I was told my visa hasn't even been assigned to a case-study-officer yet! As you can imagine I am getting rather frustrated as I can't make any plans whatsoever! Luckily I don't have a house to sell, but need to start winding things down workwise etc, I don't have a job offer as all the agencies I have spoken to are not interested until I am over there and available to do an interview on the spot....bit of a catch 22!

Was also wondering.....once PR is granted how much time to they allow for you to get over to NZ and then once over there, can you up sticks again after validating your visa???.....I am also looking at jobs outside NZ as not sure about the economic situation with regards to the current job market, so got a few irons in the fire at the mo....Any advice from anyone???

sjake Mar 2nd 2009 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by anniiee (Post 7337796)
Hi,

Good news anniiee. Hopefully you'll be hearing very soon re interview. Best of luck. :)