ita help please

Old Mar 1st 2006, 9:19 am
over45

colin f is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ita help please

i am confused as how the ITA thing works,can you apply for pr without the recommended points ? the points scheme has just changed does any one know what the latest target is ?
Has anyone decided to go on a holiday found a job and stayed?
i would love to here about your experiences as this is a possible route for ourselves
kind regards
colin
Old Mar 1st 2006, 9:45 am
VP - Rangers Support Club

theduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant future
Default Re: ita help please

Originally Posted by colin f
i am confused as how the ITA thing works,can you apply for pr without the recommended points ? the points scheme has just changed does any one know what the latest target is ?
Has anyone decided to go on a holiday found a job and stayed?
i would love to here about your experiences as this is a possible route for ourselves
kind regards
colin
Hi Colin

try this web site www.immigration.govt.nz and do the points test,that would give you an idea of where to start.

Andy
Old Mar 1st 2006, 12:31 pm
over45

Originally Posted by theduke
Hi Colin

try this web site www.immigration.govt.nz and do the points test,that would give you an idea of where to start.

Andy
thanks andy i will try it
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

Radio Ham has a spectacular aura aboutRadio Ham has a spectacular aura aboutRadio Ham has a spectacular aura about

Hi Colin

I went looking for a job offer for 3 weeks last year but my experience is that you need to be there ready to get your IRD number and start work swiftly. I'm going back in May for a 6 month holiday in (under normal passport cover from UK) with the intention of not using my return air ticket...

I'll keep you posted...
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 4:15 am
VP - Rangers Support Club

theduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Radio Ham
Hi Colin

I went looking for a job offer for 3 weeks last year but my experience is that you need to be there ready to get your IRD number and start work swiftly. I'm going back in May for a 6 month holiday in (under normal passport cover from UK) with the intention of not using my return air ticket...

I'll keep you posted...

It really depends what work you do, the company that offered me a job waited 3months for me to arrive. I came over for one week had 10interviews lined up when I got here I ended up having 15interviews lined up all thru an agency. I had 7 and was offered 5jobs, I stopped interviewing because I knew which one I wanted to join and hoped before I came they would offer me a job and they have been great, make sure you go for PR before you come as you will be charged 12.5% on all you gear when you ship it over.

Good Luck any queries please ask
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 9:32 am
over45

Hi Colin

I'll keep you posted...
Thanks for the info,i think your idea of a six moth holiday is the route to go but i would prefer to get pr first,allthough i fall under the points cut off without a job offer.do you know how the ita works,ie is it still 100 points then
you can apply as i understand that it has been increased to 140
any info welcome as i seem to go round in circles on the NZIS website.

confused of watford
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 9:36 am
over45

actually it was a six month holiday,not a six moth holiday,i don't the immigration people let insects in.
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 9:43 am
over45

Originally Posted by theduke
It really depends what work you do, the company that offered me a job waited 3months for me to arrive. I came over for one week had 10interviews lined up when I got here I ended up having 15interviews lined up all thru an agency. I had 7 and was offered 5jobs, I stopped interviewing because I knew which one I wanted to join and hoped before I came they would offer me a job and they have been great, make sure you go for PR before you come as you will be charged 12.5% on all you gear when you ship it over.

Good Luck any queries please ask
12.5% didn't realise that,did all the companies you had interviews with have to prove that they could not employ a kiwi ?
thanks
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

ballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really nice

new target is 140 points, basically means you need a job offer to get anywhere near it.

between 100-139 POINTS you can lodge an eoi but there is no guarantee that you will be selected for pr, depends on the quota and the amount of applicants.

There is always the WHV option this gives you 23 months to sort things out but you have to be 30 and under. probably the best way of doing it.

With the 6 month holiday visa there may be isues, I think the work permit they issue has been decreased in duration so gives you less time to get PR sorted. I have seen posts from people who have done what you plan and are now living in NZ. I suppose it depends on your occupation.
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 2:03 pm
over45

Originally Posted by ballsrburning
new target is 140 points, basically means you need a job offer to get anywhere near it.

between 100-139 POINTS you can lodge an eoi but there is no guarantee that you will be selected for pr, depends on the quota and the amount of applicants.

There is always the WHV option this gives you 23 months to sort things out but you have to be 30 and under. probably the best way of doing it.

With the 6 month holiday visa there may be isues, I think the work permit they issue has been decreased in duration so gives you less time to get PR sorted. I have seen posts from people who have done what you plan and are now living in NZ. I suppose it depends on your occupation.
thanks for the reply,
the whv is not an option as i am over 30,i am employed as a telecom engineer in the UK so if any one in that line of work in NZ could contact me it would be appreciated
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 2:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

claire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud of
Talking Re: ita help please

Hi Colin, i suggest you fill in the point indicator on the immigration website and see where you stand, if you are on the shortage list and have quite an extended experience range you may not need all 140 points, I have just been selected from the pool on Wednesday of this week with 125 points no job offer but have many years experience in my trade as a welder. I was selected after being in the pool for 3 selections. I would fill out the point indicator, submit a EOI online (£120 ist) wait and go for it as a PR.
Cheers Paul
Old Mar 4th 2006, 11:44 am
over45

Originally Posted by claire hopkins
Hi Colin, i suggest you fill in the point indicator on the immigration website and see where you stand, if you are on the shortage list and have quite an extended experience range you may not need all 140 points, I have just been selected from the pool on Wednesday of this week with 125 points no job offer but have many years experience in my trade as a welder. I was selected after being in the pool for 3 selections. I would fill out the point indicator, submit a EOI online (£120 ist) wait and go for it as a PR.
Cheers Paul
thanks Paul
How many years experience do you have?
i think my problem is my job description appears on the immediate job list but not on the long term list so as far as i know i can't claim any extra points,not 100% sure so if anyone knows better i would be very grateful for any info
cheers colin
Old Mar 5th 2006, 10:38 am
Forum Regular

Radio Ham has a spectacular aura aboutRadio Ham has a spectacular aura aboutRadio Ham has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by colin f
thanks Paul
How many years experience do you have?
i think my problem is my job description appears on the immediate job list but not on the long term list so as far as i know i can't claim any extra points,not 100% sure so if anyone knows better i would be very grateful for any info
cheers colin
Hi Colin - and Paul

If you mean extra points under section F Qualifications and bonus points you can only cliam these points for current skilled employment IN NZ or an offer of skilled employment IN NZ. Full text is below. Current skilled employment in the UK gets you no points in section F.

This is one of the reasons I'm stuck with going to NZ job hunting as my first submission was bounced and points under F denied. It's not clear from the form that this is the case.

And Paul, if you don't mind sharing how are your 125 ponts made up in case I'm missing a trick. PM me if you are OK with this intrusion into your private life.

I'm also gooing to seek clarification on tax of containers without PR - thanks Paul.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE NOTE: A qualification(s) in an identified future growth area or cluster only qualifies for bonus points if you are also claiming points for current skilled employment or an offer of skilled employment in an identified future growth area or cluster.

Only complete Questions F9 to F11 if you are claiming points for current skilled employment or an offer of skilled employment.
Old Mar 5th 2006, 3:35 pm
M..
Just Joined

M.. is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Colin - and Paul

If you mean extra points under section F Qualifications and bonus points you can only cliam these points for current skilled employment IN NZ or an offer of skilled employment IN NZ. Full text is below. Current skilled employment in the UK gets you no points in section F.

This is one of the reasons I'm stuck with going to NZ job hunting as my first submission was bounced and points under F denied. It's not clear from the form that this is the case.

And Paul, if you don't mind sharing how are your 125 ponts made up in case I'm missing a trick. PM me if you are OK with this intrusion into your private life.

I'm also gooing to seek clarification on tax of containers without PR - thanks Paul.

Hi - we've just been selected - same day as Paul. 135 points and no job offer but 15 points for qualifications and experience in IT. The guidance says that they may select people under 140 points if they are claiming points for quals or experience in an area of absolute skills shortage. You don't need a job offer to claim points for this - unlike clusters and future growth areas.

We are hoping to move out there in October/November this year - fingers crossed etc.

Mandy
Old Mar 5th 2006, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by M..
Hi - we've just been selected - same day as Paul. 135 points and no job offer but 15 points for qualifications and experience in IT. The guidance says that they may select people under 140 points if they are claiming points for quals or experience in an area of absolute skills shortage. You don't need a job offer to claim points for this - unlike clusters and future growth areas.

We are hoping to move out there in October/November this year - fingers crossed etc.

Mandy
Great news Mandy. Enjoy your adventure.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.