British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   ITA - finally submitted and received by NZ London today (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/ita-finally-submitted-received-nz-london-today-770152/)

skends Aug 31st 2012 7:20 pm

ITA - finally submitted and received by NZ London today

NZ london received my ITA today, fingers crossed :fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:
Any ideas out there of how long you waited?? Ive read some posts on here that there is a longer than usual wait due to staffing issues etc. - cant find the waiting times on the Immigration website.
Going via - skilled migrant 2yr work visa, have a job - they are patiently waiting. Maybe - Christchurch here we come!!! :fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed::f ingerscrossed:

MrsFychan Aug 31st 2012 8:03 pm

Re: ITA - finally submitted and received by NZ London today

good luck

processing times for London Branch are on this page
http://www.immigration.govt.nz/branc...ocessingtimes/

Ours PR with husband already working on a temp works visa was 3mths for the go ahead and then a further 3 weeks for visa stamps to be in passport. 3 weeks as we transferred our case over to Wellington as we had already come over. as I said husband on works visa and myself and kids on 6mths visitors visa. the second stage should only take 2 weeks

Persephone Sep 1st 2012 12:23 pm

I applied in 2008 so I'm probably no help with timelines and my application was 'interesting'!
Good luck and maybe see you in Chch soon:thumbup:

Bev MK Sep 1st 2012 2:05 pm

Our ITA went in 2 weeks ago, delivered personally. We have a job offer that will not wait forever and so far, after 2 weeks, we don't even have a case officer assigned. They told us probably 4 weeks just to get the case officer. Looking like that will be true....

skends Sep 1st 2012 2:23 pm

Mrs Fychan - thanks for that - i have never seen that web page before - and i can only find it via your link.

Persephone - Hopefully see you in chch soon - soooo looking forward to it.

Bev - I did read your posts when you first submitted - and i thought OMG, you poor things - was going to pm you to see how things were going, sounds like it could be a longer wait than anticipated then - for all of us!!

skends Sep 1st 2012 2:24 pm

Apparently if you have a job offer you are supposed to get priority over those that havent. fingers crossed eh?

Bev MK Sep 1st 2012 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by skends (Post 10258742)
Apparently if you have a job offer you are supposed to get priority over those that havent. fingers crossed eh?

Yep, that's the theory! Definitely not our experience at present though!

simonsi Sep 1st 2012 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by Bev MK (Post 10258722)
Our ITA went in 2 weeks ago, delivered personally. We have a job offer that will not wait forever and so far, after 2 weeks, we don't even have a case officer assigned. They told us probably 4 weeks just to get the case officer. Looking like that will be true....

When we were faced with that we submitted normal work visa's and got the passports back with them 5 days after sending them off, the medicals and police certificates are all the same so you may find it just takes some form filling and $ if you want a quick turnaround, they can then process the ITA at leisure....just a thought???

Bev MK Sep 2nd 2012 7:31 am

Originally Posted by simonsi (Post 10259180)
When we were faced with that we submitted normal work visa's and got the passports back with them 5 days after sending them off, the medicals and police certificates are all the same so you may find it just takes some form filling and $ if you want a quick turnaround, they can then process the ITA at leisure....just a thought???

We thought of that but hubby was told at NZ house that although that would be quicker for him alone if he wanted to go ahead and have us follow in a few months, that it would not be any quicker at present for him plus me and the kids. Was told he'd just be wasting his money. Although I know many split up for a few months, we're not willing to do that, mainly because it would upset our young children. Either we all go together or we go elsewhere.

simonsi Sep 2nd 2012 9:48 am

Originally Posted by Bev MK (Post 10259564)
We thought of that but hubby was told at NZ house that although that would be quicker for him alone if he wanted to go ahead and have us follow in a few months, that it would not be any quicker at present for him plus me and the kids. Was told he'd just be wasting his money. Although I know many split up for a few months, we're not willing to do that, mainly because it would upset our young children. Either we all go together or we go elsewhere.

There was 5 of us, all processed together in 5 days....

Bev MK Sep 2nd 2012 9:59 am

Originally Posted by simonsi (Post 10259695)
There was 5 of us, all processed together in 5 days....

They tell you things at NZ house which certainly don't seem to match people's experiences on here. We were also told that now we'd submitted the ITA we were unlikely to be allowed in at all on a visitor's visa, whereas others say they've gone down on that to sort things out while waiting for the ITA to be processed.

We have 2 pre-schoolers and I don't plan to work for a few years yet so I don't even need a work visa. I think at the moment we may well be stuck in a sort of loop, whereby sorting out anything at all needs a case officer but as we don't have a case officer..... of course, if the case officer who is eventually assigned decides there's anything wrong or missing from our application, then the whole time waiting for a case officer is just time wasted that we could have spent addressing any issues found later. Shouldn't be any issues but you never know.

simonsi Sep 3rd 2012 1:54 am

Originally Posted by Persephone (Post 10258586)
I applied in 2008 so I'm probably no help with timelines and my application was 'interesting'!
Good luck and maybe see you in Chch soon:thumbup:

I first read this that you had applied in 2008 and were still waiting :embarrassed_smile:

simonsi Sep 3rd 2012 1:56 am

Originally Posted by Bev MK (Post 10259704)
...of course, if the case officer who is eventually assigned decides there's anything wrong or missing from our application, then the whole time waiting for a case officer is just time wasted...

Don't think so, Auckland at least has "documentation officers" it seems who do just that prior to a case officer getting the case, not sure whether that is Auckland-specific though...

Bev MK Sep 3rd 2012 6:28 am

Originally Posted by simonsi (Post 10260673)
Don't think so, Auckland at least has "documentation officers" it seems who do just that prior to a case officer getting the case, not sure whether that is Auckland-specific though...

I hope London's the same then as the idea that this time is just being wasted has been bugging me.

simonsi Sep 4th 2012 10:50 am

Had to get a full BC for OH, that arrived today and the doc officer confirmed that just the NZ police check (that they get), to come back, Co reference has been processed.

Once the NZ Police check back then assume it goes to the case officer....