Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

ITA - decision pending but no lodgement date...?

ITA - decision pending but no lodgement date...?

Old Sep 19th 2012, 6:30 pm
Forum Regular

LittleMonkey is just really niceLittleMonkey is just really niceLittleMonkey is just really niceLittleMonkey is just really niceLittleMonkey is just really niceLittleMonkey is just really niceLittleMonkey is just really niceLittleMonkey is just really nice
Default ITA - decision pending but no lodgement date...?

Hi everyone,

Just wondering whether it is normal for the screen to say the our resident visa decision is pending but there is no lodgement date registered yet? Could it be because they have only just received it and not started processing it?

We recently got a work visa approved so using same medical and police certs etc, was wondering from others experiences does this have any bearing on how quickly our residents visas will be processed? The only extra thing we have had to send is OH's qualifications evidence.

I guess what I mean is there were no issue with work to residence visa, no referrals to MA etc, so is it likely to be same?

Hope so, got work visa approval day after it was received though thinking the wait may be longer this time!!
Old Sep 19th 2012, 7:31 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ITA - decision pending but no lodgement date...?

I think you need to check what the time scales for the office is on the website and take that as the shortest time it could take and if it is any shorter take it as a bonus. My husband had a temp work visa and was already working and it still took over 3mths to get PR. Also our CO only worked 4 days a week so obviously that would of slowed things done.
Old Sep 19th 2012, 7:57 pm
Forum Regular

LittleMonkey is just really niceLittleMonkey is just really niceLittleMonkey is just really niceLittleMonkey is just really niceLittleMonkey is just really niceLittleMonkey is just really niceLittleMonkey is just really niceLittleMonkey is just really nice

Ooooo thank you, just checked and it says 3 weeks to 3 months...we leave for Auckland in just less than 3 weeks so either way will be sending our passports back for the blue stickers if it's approved!
Old Sep 19th 2012, 11:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Caz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond repute

yes - it can take a few days for them to change it on there so don't worry too much.

Yes and no to having your work visa already approved speeding things up. In regards to the medical - they may or may not accept it - I have a feeling that they look at it differently depending on what healthcare you are entitled to with the grant of your visa.

If you have a visa for 2 years or more you are entitled to healthcare like a kiwi - in which case they probably won't look at the details of the medical again. If not - they may look at the results a bit closer. I think you are saying you already have your Work to Residence visa so therefore they probably won't look at the medical again.

I was holding WTR visa and from the day I submitted everything for my residence application it took about a month to process and get approval.
Old Sep 20th 2012, 7:05 am
Forum Regular

Yes already have my work for residence visa, it's for 30 months so fingers crossed re medical. There were no probs highlighted with medical but have read people being refered anyway which delays things!
Old Sep 20th 2012, 10:41 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LittleMonkey View Post
Yes already have my work for residence visa, it's for 30 months so fingers crossed re medical. There were no probs highlighted with medical but have read people being refered anyway which delays things!
The medical standard is the same as for the WTR so if there was no need for a referral then and no time-related risk factors that may have worsened there is no reason to expect you would be referred this time.
Old Sep 20th 2012, 5:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by simonsi View Post
The medical standard is the same as for the WTR so if there was no need for a referral then and no time-related risk factors that may have worsened there is no reason to expect you would be referred this time.
That's great to hear as we have nothing that could potentially worsen in the time