British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   ITA Arrived - yipeeeeee! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/ita-arrived-yipeeeeee-644406/)

donnisons Dec 11th 2009 6:50 pm

ITA Arrived - yipeeeeee!

ITA arrived today, it's so exciting. Medicals booked for Monday, Police certificate applications in envelope ready to post. :thumbsup:

I have a question re certified copies v originals. We are definitely sending certified copies of passports, as we are off on holiday soon, but what about qualification certificates, birth certificates etc. If it takes 4 months to be allocated a case officer, when do they return the originals?

Also, I know this has been asked before, but how much evidence do you need of your marriage, was thinking of marriage certificate, child's birth certificate and a few joint bills, will I need anything else?

Thanks

MnB Dec 11th 2009 7:24 pm

Re: ITA Arrived - yipeeeeee!

Originally Posted by donnisons (Post 8165517)
ITA arrived today, it's so exciting. Medicals booked for Monday, Police certificate applications in envelope ready to post. :thumbsup:

I have a question re certified copies v originals. We are definitely sending certified copies of passports, as we are off on holiday soon, but what about qualification certificates, birth certificates etc. If it takes 4 months to be allocated a case officer, when do they return the originals?

Also, I know this has been asked before, but how much evidence do you need of your marriage, was thinking of marriage certificate, child's birth certificate and a few joint bills, will I need anything else?

Thanks

Hi...brilliant you've got ITA!!
I applied for a partnership visa but had to send in same docs...I sent in certified copies of Birth, marriage, childrens birth certs, passports,(ie all official stuff) Re evidence I sent in a couple of things for each year (been married 30+yrs :eek:) plus one or two pieces for every month of the last 12 months, bills, bank letters, house buying documents etc, some of these were in either mine or husbands name but were to same address. You can also send in photos, holiday invoices, plane boarding tickets etc. You need to send in original evidence documents + a photocopy, and a list (inventory) of everthing, really useful if asked for further evidence! All documents & evidence was returned when I recieved passport with blue stickers in.
HTH B x

127luton Dec 11th 2009 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by donnisons (Post 8165517)

Thanks

hi ya listen to MnB she knows!!!!
xx berni:)

willand tina_h Dec 12th 2009 8:47 am

Originally Posted by 127luton (Post 8166042)
hi ya listen to MnB she knows!!!!
xx berni:)

hey, well done and good luck!!!! This seems a far distance from us now, however, was only a few months ago, keep on the road and balance well as you will not fall off and the end will soon be in sight. :fingerscrossed:

BEVS Dec 13th 2009 8:40 pm

The happy thump of an ITA landing on the doormat just before Christmas.

congrats. :)

donnisons Dec 13th 2009 9:11 pm

Thanks for your replies. Bit worried about medicals tomorrow, but this time tomorrow one thing less to worry about!

Busy gathering paperwork, off to solicitors tomorrow to get copies certified, then just need to wait for medicals and police certs to come back before we can send it all back to them and start another long wait!

BEVS Dec 16th 2009 10:53 pm

......plus large tomes and consultant reports on your sons genetic condition. You wanna keep it as straightforward as poss for NZIS and the MA so that wait isn't too long. .:fingerscrossed: