ITA arrived !!!

Old May 23rd 2008, 7:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

alchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: ITA arrived !!!

Originally Posted by Water Lily
Actually, can someone help us with a quick query please?? Actually, 2 quick queries

1. The covering letter says the package includes
  1. ITA form
  2. Application for Residence Guide
  3. Tips for Lodging Residence Applications under the Skilled Migrant Category

Question: in what shape or form does item no. 3 come? Because we don't seem to have received it with our pack

2. Migrant Levy Form

Question: What the?!!?!? £115 per applicant?? For WHAT exactly??? "to fund research into the outcomes of immigration, and to provide funding for migrant education and support facilities in NZ". Really? Seriously? Are they not just funding their Friday night drinks with our cash? I mean, it's not like we're not haemorrhaging money already!! :curse:

We're shocked!

Answers to Question no. 1 much appreciated. Question no. 2 was not so much a question as a rant really
Hi there, well done on getting your ITA
in answer to your question- it's just a 3 page letter that is basically telling you to read application carefully
do not submit in file or plastic sleeves
order of application etc etc
basically the same as application for residence guide

looks like it may have to be July before we can get together,unless you both could do a Friday?? Will pm you
Chris
Old May 23rd 2008, 7:50 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

The tips on lodging skilled migrant applications is just 3 pages of A4 stapled together. It is the only place where I've seen the order they want you to submit everything, though I may have missed it elsewhere. You can find it on NZIS website if you look under the London section.

As for the migrant levy, well I thought the same. Even more money to fund research into immigration???? I'd be happier paying it if it went towards improving the existing service eg normal priced phone lines, someone to answer emails and speedier outcomes to applications. I'll be interested to see what migrant support facilities are when I get there, I intend to get my £115 worth!

Sue
Old May 23rd 2008, 7:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

alchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Sue R
Hi,

The tips on lodging skilled migrant applications is just 3 pages of A4 stapled together. It is the only place where I've seen the order they want you to submit everything, though I may have missed it elsewhere. You can find it on NZIS website if you look under the London section.

As for the migrant levy, well I thought the same. Even more money to fund research into immigration???? I'd be happier paying it if it went towards improving the existing service eg normal priced phone lines, someone to answer emails and speedier outcomes to applications. I'll be interested to see what migrant support facilities are when I get there, I intend to get my £115 worth!

Sue
Did you have a checklist of documents they wanted where you have to 'tick'? wasnt that in the same order as on 'tips for lodging'?
Old May 23rd 2008, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

Rock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant future

Actually, can someone help us with a quick query please?? Actually, 2 quick queries

1. The covering letter says the package includes
  1. ITA form
  2. Application for Residence Guide
  3. Tips for Lodging Residence Applications under the Skilled Migrant Category

Question: in what shape or form does item no. 3 come? Because we don't seem to have received it with our pack

2. Migrant Levy Form

Question: What the?!!?!? £115 per applicant?? For WHAT exactly??? "to fund research into the outcomes of immigration, and to provide funding for migrant education and support facilities in NZ". Really? Seriously? Are they not just funding their Friday night drinks with our cash? I mean, it's not like we're not haemorrhaging money already!! :curse:

We're shocked!

Answers to Question no. 1 much appreciated. Question no. 2 was not so much a question as a rant really
That pressure across your midriff will be the barrel that they have you over?
Old May 23rd 2008, 8:28 pm
AndyRuth

AndyRuth is just really niceAndyRuth is just really niceAndyRuth is just really niceAndyRuth is just really niceAndyRuth is just really niceAndyRuth is just really niceAndyRuth is just really niceAndyRuth is just really niceAndyRuth is just really nice

Hi there WaterLily , the ITA arriving took so soon took us a bit by surprise to say the least

Ruth is in the middle of her masters degree and won't be finished until December 2009 , we looking to move March-May 2010 , we are trying to time things around that , house etc...

When are you looking to move , the housing situation is a bit woorying at mo , hopefully resolve itself soon.

Best of luck when you submit
Old May 23rd 2008, 8:33 pm
Cat (Mad) Sitter

Location: Anywhere and Everywhere, we're International House Sitters! :)
Water Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Chris and Sue. Looks like they forgot to add that to our pack!!

Does anybody have a scanner and could email us a copy???? Please???

Or is this it? http://britishexpats.com/forum/newre...eply&p=6386477
(last document under "skilled migrants)
Only this document is 6 pages long and not 3

We have a "check list" which is the first page of the ITA as such, then some introductory page, and the third page is the start of the ITA itself: "Section A: Principal Applicant's Identity"

Does that sound right?
Old May 23rd 2008, 8:33 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Did you have a checklist of documents they wanted where you have to 'tick'? wasnt that in the same order as on 'tips for lodging'?
Hi Chris,
There was a checklist as well but I've just looked and the order is very slightly different. Might just follow the order on the checklist, that looks more official Tomorrow is sitting down and going through the ITA day, then as soon as the blood results arrive I can get it sent in One less thing to worry about...

Sue
Old May 23rd 2008, 8:34 pm
Cat (Mad) Sitter

Water Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rock Ape
That pressure across your midriff will be the barrel that they have you over?
English please?
Old May 23rd 2008, 8:35 pm
Cat (Mad) Sitter

Originally Posted by Sue R
Hi Chris,Tomorrow is sitting down and going through the ITA day, then as soon as the blood results arrive I can get it sent in One less thing to worry about...

Sue
Us too!!

Were supposed to be camping in Devon, but weather forecast is shocking, so we'll be doing our homework instead!
Old May 23rd 2008, 8:43 pm
Cat (Mad) Sitter

Originally Posted by AndyRuth
Hi there WaterLily , the ITA arriving took so soon took us a bit by surprise to say the least

Ruth is in the middle of her masters degree and won't be finished until December 2009 , we looking to move March-May 2010 , we are trying to time things around that , house etc...

When are you looking to move , the housing situation is a bit woorying at mo , hopefully resolve itself soon.

Best of luck when you submit

Oh my goodness, you are well ahead then!

I suppose you don't have to submit ITA straight away, you have 4 months to do it, then maybe another 6 month's wait to get your PR, that'd bring you to May 09.... then a year to actually get yourselves over there.... so yes, March-May 10.... my oh my, tight schedule! Hope it all works out for you!

We are hoping to be there before Christmas, OH (main applicant) is going to start looking for work in July, the day he gets an offer is the day I start packing!!!!

We don't have a house to sell, we did that in 2005 and went on a 21 month sabbatical, came back end of June last year, but never planned to stay for too long, we just came back before the money run out and rented a flat whilst we worked out what we wanted to do. So we are in a nice position, no real ties down here, what we have we can sell pretty quickly, one month's notice at work, one month's notice for the flat.... and we're off, off and awaaaaaay!!!
Old May 23rd 2008, 8:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Chris and Sue. Looks like they forgot to add that to our pack!!

Does anybody have a scanner and could email us a copy???? Please???

Or is this it? http://britishexpats.com/forum/newre...eply&p=6386477
(last document under "skilled migrants)
Only this document is 6 pages long and not 3

We have a "check list" which is the first page of the ITA as such, then some introductory page, and the third page is the start of the ITA itself: "Section A: Principal Applicant's Identity"

Does that sound right?
pm me your e-mail and i will scan and send it to you

Chris
Old May 23rd 2008, 9:01 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Hi Maria, Whoa lots of posts all at once!!!

I'll scan and email it if you want but it's probably just as easy for you to get it off the NZIS website.
Click on branches on the LHS column on the homepage, then London. Then tips for applying. It should bring up the same document, I had already printed it off ready for when my ITA arrived. I wonder why yours didn't include a copy, has got me thinking whether mine has anything missing though there doesn't appear to be anything mentioned that wasn't in the envelope.

It's a shame the weather isn't going to be good for you this weekend. I remember camping in the Lakes one year in a thunderstorm and rain so heavy and constant that there was a lake around the tent the next morning and everything was just so wet and cold, putting my boots on made me shudder they were sooo damp Enjoyed it though As for the years I went to Glastonbury....enjoyed them too, from the bits I remember!

Let me know and I'll scan it if you wish. Just arranged to meet a friend this weekend as well, starting to say my farewells

Sue
Old May 23rd 2008, 9:08 pm
Cat (Mad) Sitter

I know, I'm on a roll!

Well thank you girls for both offering to email the document across, but if it's the same as the one in that link I posted then we're ok, I've already printed it!!

Well we have camped in the cold and rain before and to be honest, would rather not do it again if we have a choice, getting old I think, we like our creature comforts!

Enjoy your weekend with your friend, farewells are never easy, I should know, I've been there! You'll go through all kinds of emotions but once you're in Mr Sue's arms you'll forget it all
Old May 23rd 2008, 9:16 pm
AndyRuth

AndyRuth is just really niceAndyRuth is just really niceAndyRuth is just really niceAndyRuth is just really niceAndyRuth is just really niceAndyRuth is just really niceAndyRuth is just really niceAndyRuth is just really niceAndyRuth is just really nice

Even though move poss 18 months away we have started acting like a tourist here in UK , lots of pics for foto album , done the ferry across the mersey and salford quays this week , london in a couple of weeks and planning cornwall , maybe September ( anyone know decent places to stay with 2 kids age 3 and 1 )

We are in Nantwich so felt need to get away from political madness here this week !!!!
Old May 23rd 2008, 9:30 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Well we have camped in the cold and rain before and to be honest, would rather not do it again if we have a choice, getting old I think, we like our creature comforts!

Enjoy your weekend with your friend, farewells are never easy, I should know, I've been there! You'll go through all kinds of emotions but once you're in Mr Sue's arms you'll forget it all

Well it was many years ago when I was young [and stupid??]. Now just a fair weather camper, older and wiser

Going out for Sunday dinner down the pub with my friend. She has just had a baby as well and I haven't seen him yet so she's not up for coming on a proper leaving do. It's odd to think that next time I see her the baby will be a toddler or even older. Puts this emigration business into stark reality. I'm sure there will be many moments like this to come. I know it will be worth it in the end though

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.