British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   ITA arrived !!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/ita-arrived-536763/)

AndyRuth May 15th 2008 2:23 pm

ITA arrived !!!

Wow , things moving a lot quicker than we thought - ITA arrived today , we were picked on 26th March ( 125 points no job offer )

The hard work starts now and the clock is ticking !!

Nervous excitement well and truly kicked in :lol:

alchris May 15th 2008 9:00 pm

Re: ITA arrived !!!

Originally Posted by AndyRuth (Post 6354883)
Wow , things moving a lot quicker than we thought - ITA arrived today , we were picked on 26th March ( 125 points no job offer )

The hard work starts now and the clock is ticking !!

Nervous excitement well and truly kicked in :lol:

Congrats on getting your ITA, I was like a little child when ours arrived- couldnt stop giggleing and shouting 'yiphee' I'm sure the neighbours thought I must have lost it!!
Good luck with the paperwork hope all goes well for you

Persephone May 15th 2008 11:03 pm

Congratulations :thumbsup:
I let out a huge yell when I saw my status had changed, scared the dog:ohmy: he went and hid under the table :(

All the best and good luck!
Sue

Water Lily May 16th 2008 4:45 pm

LOL Sue, that made me laugh out loud. Who can blame you though!!

AndyRuth, MANY CONGRATULATIONS, you got me excited now as we got picked the same day as you!! Though we have less points than you, 115, but I'm hoping they'll do applications with 120 points next week and then it's our turn :lol: Fingers crossed!!!!!

I got a bit of a fright last night when I checked our status and I saw "INCOMPLETE". Whaaaaaaaaaaaat!?!?! How could that be!?!? I started to panic, told my husband, who checked on his laptop, then said "it says "selected" here", I was so baffled, clicked on every possible link, couldn't find anymore information.... I was starting to sweat! :unsure:

Then my husband came over, had a look and said "you're signed in as a Johann something or other, how did you manage that!". What the!!! Must have been a glitch in the system, because our username and password are saved as a cookie so I didn't use anything different, what a shock!!!!! :blink:

I signed out, signed in again, and for the first time in 6 weeks was relieved to see "selected" :D

I keep checking the status on a daily basis just to drive myself mad, the day I see it changed to "decision successful" they'll have to tie me down to the chair to keep me quiet!! :p

Anyway, sorry to go off at a tangent, again many congratulations, hope the next phase goes smoothly as well! :)

patoche84 May 16th 2008 5:12 pm

hi, we also got picket on march 26th...( no job offer, 130points ) we are living in canada...it might need a bit longer to arrive...good luck for everyone....

Rock Ape May 17th 2008 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by patoche84 (Post 6359574)
hi, we also got picket on march 26th...( no job offer, 130points ) we are living in canada...it might need a bit longer to arrive...good luck for everyone....

We were selected on the 23rd March with a job offer from an accredited employer and 175 points. According to the info on the NZ site it says that we should have heard with within 10 days. Nothing yet so I rang NZ and they said I should fax the UK office with a demand for info. Did this a couple of days ago but still no response. Is this normal?

Persephone May 17th 2008 6:37 pm

We were selected on the 23rd March with a job offer from an accredited employer and 175 points. According to the info on the NZ site it says that we should have heard with within 10 days. Nothing yet so I rang NZ and they said I should fax the UK office with a demand for info. Did this a couple of days ago but still no response. Is this normal?
I don't know about how long it should take as I had no job offer. I can assure you that it is very normal for NZIS not to respond to any attempts at contacting them. I've tried emails, leaving answerphone messages and sent a complaint letter in eventually. Got no reply to any of them other than receiving my ITA 2 days after they received the letter! I didn't try faxing though. You could try again or are you close enough to London to go in and see them?

Sue

Persephone May 17th 2008 6:43 pm

Just noticed you're in France so not really worth you popping over the Channel to go into NZ House!

Rock Ape May 19th 2008 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by Sue R (Post 6363416)
Just noticed you're in France so not really worth you popping over the Channel to go into NZ House!

Hi,
Just thought I'd add that as a response to my fax request I have had two very useful and polite emails from NZ immigration which have cleared up my concerns. I am mucho impressed with the depth of the replies - not just a load of standard BS cut & paste rubbish. Top marks NZ London.

Water Lily May 21st 2008 4:47 pm

Ours is on its way!!! :):):)

Our status changed to "decision successful" today, yipppeeee!!

Anyone else out there selected on 26th March, if you haven't heard yet hopefully it won't be long now!! ;)

Persephone May 21st 2008 6:56 pm

CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN! YOU CAN'T HAVE TOO MANY :thumbsup:

Water Lily May 21st 2008 7:05 pm

Thanks Sue, are you following me around today or what!?!? :D;)

AndyRuth May 21st 2008 7:43 pm

Congrats WaterLily , we have started collecting all the info ( 'proper ' birth certificates , replacement exam certificates , downloaded forms for police checks etc.. ) , think it will take us best part of the 4 month period to complete application :lol:

Jumping the gun a bit but we were discussing our goodbye speach at our leaving do today even though the move may be 18 months away , hopefully !!

Water Lily May 23rd 2008 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by AndyRuth (Post 6376994)
Congrats WaterLily , we have started collecting all the info ( 'proper ' birth certificates , replacement exam certificates , downloaded forms for police checks etc.. ) , think it will take us best part of the 4 month period to complete application :lol:

Jumping the gun a bit but we were discussing our goodbye speach at our leaving do today even though the move may be 18 months away , hopefully !!

Thanks! ITA arrived today, looks like it'll keep us entertained over the b/h weekend! Well, since it's meant to p*ss it down, it's not a bad thing! :)

So you think you're jumping the gun? We've already got all our paperwork ready!! :D Just waiting for a translation of my Spanish police certificate, then the medicals, and that's it, we've had the rest ready for weeks!! :o

You say the move may be 18 months away, that sounds like a very long time... for what I've read, it's taken people around a year to receive their PR/WTR since their EOI was selected (and that's without a job offer).... or have you got a house to sell!? :blink: Then I guess you could be in for a longer wait... :(

Water Lily May 23rd 2008 5:38 pm

Actually, can someone help us with a quick query please?? Actually, 2 quick queries :D

1. The covering letter says the package includes
  1. ITA form
  2. Application for Residence Guide
  3. Tips for Lodging Residence Applications under the Skilled Migrant Category

Question: in what shape or form does item no. 3 come? :confused: Because we don't seem to have received it with our pack

2. Migrant Levy Form

Question: What the?!!?!? £115 per applicant?? For WHAT exactly??? "to fund research into the outcomes of immigration, and to provide funding for migrant education and support facilities in NZ". Really? Seriously? Are they not just funding their Friday night drinks with our cash? I mean, it's not like we're not haemorrhaging money already!! :curse:

We're shocked! :ohmy:

Answers to Question no. 1 much appreciated. Question no. 2 was not so much a question as a rant really :o ;)