British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   ITA application (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/ita-application-418989/)

P2L Jan 14th 2007 4:58 pm

ITA application

Just about got everything ready for the ITA to be sent off except for the covering letter.

What sort of thing to you put in it :confused: apart from lots of pleading!!!

nero Jan 14th 2007 7:48 pm

Re: ITA application

Hi Kev and Sarah

We popped in the following:

To whom it may concern,

Attached you will find a pack of information that relates to our ‘Invitation to Apply’. In 1995 I was lucky enough to visit New Zealand and since then I have wanted to return to the country and live and work there.

From the 22nd of January through to the 22nd of March 2007 my partner and I will be visiting New Zealand to revisit the country and take the time to visit potential employers and places to live. If you would like to contact us during this time you can email us on: **************and via mobile telephone on: **************(international mobile number)

As of the 22nd March we will be returning to the UK and work and you can contact us on our normal telephone and email addresses as stated in our application pack.

Probably not grovelly enough but it was an attempt to appeal to their better nature. ;)

Good luck with the letter

Am Loolah Jan 14th 2007 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by kev&sarah (Post 4283625)
Just about got everything ready for the ITA to be sent off except for the covering letter.

When I was emailing my Visa Officer I found "I Love You" "You A Great" and "New Zealand is Utopia" All seemed to work well? Oh and most importantly; "The :beer: 's Are On Me!!" :D

P2L Jan 14th 2007 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by Am Loolah (Post 4283982)
When I was emailing my Visa Officer I found "I Love You" "You A Great" and "New Zealand is Utopia" All seemed to work well? Oh and most importantly; "The :beer: 's Are On Me!!" :D

Case Officer is a woman!!!! so I'll get kev onto that straight away hun!!!!:D

karonious Jan 15th 2007 1:48 am

Originally Posted by kev&sarah (Post 4283625)

This was ours:

Dear ******

URGENT - Application For Residency

Please find enclosed my application for residency and supporting documentation. As requested, all documents are originals with which I have included photocopies.

I have included both my husband’s old and new passports. The old passport number is the one which is recorded on the medical and x-ray certificates. He has since renewed that passport to further extend the expiry date, which was Dec 07.

We will be moving from our current address on 7 Sep 06. From that time until we travel to New Zealand, providing a visa is granted, we will be visiting friends and relatives around the country. My postal contact address for this period will be:

XXXXXXXX
XXXX
XXXXXXXXXX

My contact telephone number after 7 Sep 06 will be my mobile number.

Having been in contact with XXXXX XXXXX at Waikato Hospital, I have been given an employment start date of 9 Oct 06. We therefore intend to travel on 27 Sep 06, so would appreciate you contacting me ASAP should there be any queries on this application.

Hope this helps

P2L Jan 15th 2007 10:23 am

Originally Posted by karonious (Post 4284798)
This was ours:

Dear *****

URGENT - Application For Residency

Please find enclosed my application for residency and supporting documentation. As requested, all documents are originals with which I have included photocopies.

I have included both my husband’s old and new passports. The old passport number is the one which is recorded on the medical and x-ray certificates. He has since renewed that passport to further extend the expiry date, which was Dec 07.

We will be moving from our current address on 7 Sep 06. From that time until we travel to New Zealand, providing a visa is granted, we will be visiting friends and relatives around the country. My postal contact address for this period will be:

XXXXXXXX
XXXX
XXXXXXXXXX

My contact telephone number after 7 Sep 06 will be my mobile number.

Having been in contact with XXXXX XXXXX at Waikato Hospital, I have been given an employment start date of 9 Oct 06. We therefore intend to travel on 27 Sep 06, so would appreciate you contacting me ASAP should there be any queries on this application.

Hope this helps

OMG!!!! Think we've got the same case officer as you guys :D :cool: