ITA after Work Visa

Old Apr 6th 2008, 5:26 am
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute
Default ITA after Work Visa

I now realise that it would have been easier to do both applications at the same time back in January, but nevertheless, I am here on a 3 year work visa.

I am now ready to submit my ITA and wondered for those of you who have submitted in NZ whilst here on another visa, is this a fairly quick and painless procedure being that the Immigration Service have previously seen and approved all required documentation.
Old Apr 6th 2008, 5:33 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: ITA after Work Visa

If they have all the documents they require from you and your medical, x-ray and police clearances are valid, go for it. We had our ITA approved three weeks after submission (it would have been sooner, but the NZIS quack needed to sign off on a minor health thingie). This was about two years ago so your mileage may vary.
Old Apr 8th 2008, 10:16 pm
Forum Regular

andrewmenet has a brilliant futureandrewmenet has a brilliant futureandrewmenet has a brilliant futureandrewmenet has a brilliant futureandrewmenet has a brilliant futureandrewmenet has a brilliant future
Default Re: ITA after Work Visa

Originally Posted by happynz
If they have all the documents they require from you and your medical, x-ray and police clearances are valid, go for it. We had our ITA approved three weeks after submission (it would have been sooner, but the NZIS quack needed to sign off on a minor health thingie). This was about two years ago so your mileage may vary.
I came over on a two year work visa and submitted my EOI just before i came over. I advised them of my new address in NZ...but they sent the ITA to my UK address...so after they sorted that out and sent it to me here in NZ my medical had expired by 2 days. So I had another medical done and submitted the ITA to the auckland branch requesting they cross ref my police check from my work visa application and inc payment by bank cheque for $1400. So a couple of weeks passed so I called them up....and guess what they sent my ITA back to the UK to be processed...OK not an issue...but then they called me up and said 'you have sent payment in NZ$ we dont take NZ$...so had to give them my credit card details. ...But I now have a letter saying that they have all the documents and will now take between 1-3 months.