British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   ITA accepted!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/ita-accepted-543571/)

nearly nurse Jun 17th 2008 9:13 pm

ITA accepted!!!

Just thought we would share our good news.........ITA has been provisionally accepted, just need to wait in the queue for visas to be put in passports :thumbsup:

thank god all the waiting is almost over, phew!! :D

TeamEmbo Jun 17th 2008 9:40 pm

Re: ITA accepted!!!

Exciting and a bit scary, isn't it?! Well done, hope all goes well with the move over :)

Kimi-Deacon Jun 17th 2008 9:40 pm

Congratulations isnt it just the best feeling ever:thumbsup::thumbsup: Time to start the celebrations :beer::beer::beer:
Steph.

Water Lily Jun 17th 2008 9:49 pm

Congratulations! :):):)

When did you submit your ITA? Just curious as we're about to submit ours (as soon as we get our medical test results!), and wonder how long it might take...

weejie Jun 18th 2008 8:28 am

Have sent congrats via PM but no harm in sending more:lol: I meant to ask you the same Q Waterlily has asked....how long from submitting to hearing accepted?

Well done to you both

Phyllis x

teebrown Jun 18th 2008 8:32 am

Congratulations, how long from ITA submitted to answer??

When do you fly??

howden40 Jun 18th 2008 9:09 am

:):D:lol::thumbsup: Congratulations, well done. Your on your way. Go celebrate.

Enjoy your new life
Pauline

nearly nurse Jun 18th 2008 11:02 am

Thanks to everyone for your kind wishes :thumbup:

To answer the Q's on timescales..........
We sent off ITA on 14th May, got a letter on 30th (16 days later) asking for more info on on OH's references, sent them off, then got email saying accepted yesterday 17th June (18 days later). So all in, with delays included it was 34 days.

I emailed NZIS last night to ask if it was safe to book flights and she replied YES!!! :eek:.....I dont know what to think, think im a bit numb :huh:
She said it should take around 3 weeks for passports to be sent back to us.

claire :):beer:

Water Lily Jun 18th 2008 11:28 am

Wow, that's excellent, sounds like things are moving pretty quickly for lots of people recently!! :)

I'll take it you don't have a job offer either, or am I wrong?

Best of luck with the next steps, have you got a date in mind then? I'm being really nosey now! :D

teebrown Jun 18th 2008 11:42 am

I don't think you are being nosey Water lily - as I too want to know!

Also where are you heading for?

I noticed you are from Motherwell, we have a house in Wishaw (anyone want to buy it)!! we currently rent and live down South.

ALso, just another quick question, if you didn't send off your passports with your ITA, would you then get a letter saying when to send them off? just asking as submitting our ITA tomorrow but we need our passports to go on holiday, so reluctant to let them go.

Well done anyway.

Persephone Jun 18th 2008 4:18 pm

Congratulations:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Have you got a job?

I only sent in a certified copy of my passport with mine as I also didn't want it out of my sight so soon to going away. They haven't queried it and just had my interview so you could always do that, Teebrown:thumbup: It only cost me £2 at a solicitors.
Sue

ewanainsworth Jun 18th 2008 4:40 pm

Hi everyone, I am nearly nurses OH and would also like to say thanks for all the kind wishes.
The application would have been a lot quicker had I not had a slightly dodgy past!! :o If I had not had to prove I am a reformed character I think the application would have taken around three weeks.
Nearly nurse has a job in Whangarei hospital starting no later than 25th August so thats where we will be based for the first year or so until we find our feet.
Now just the house to sell(hopefully) and were off.
I'm off to search for some one way tickets!!!!!!!!!WOOHOO!!!!
Thanks again,
Ewan.

Moomoo Jun 18th 2008 4:58 pm

Just wanted to add our congratulation!
Good luck with the move
moomoo x

nearly nurse Jun 18th 2008 8:07 pm

Glad to see my OH was doing his duty and answering my posts! :rofl::rofl:
Shame hes not so forthcoming with the household chores :mad:

Teebrown to answer your passport Q.....Im sure it says in the ITA application pack somewhere that if you dont send original passports they will contact you to pay the migrant levy and send them your passports. How long are you going on holiday for? if its just a few weeks you should be fine.

claire :)

Cyffiwr Jun 20th 2008 12:54 pm

Just adding my congratulations! :thumbsup: