British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   ITA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/ita-764203/)

Trish M Jul 7th 2012 10:41 am

ITA

I put my EOI in just before the draw of 27th of June and was automatically selected because I have 155 points.

I've received an ITA and am just wondering if I should just get my temporary visa and wait until I'm in NZ before sending in the ITA or should I do it now?

I have medicals, professional registration and police checks all done.

I also have an up to date Educational Psychologist assessment report for Eva because of her ASD. It clearly states that she does not need any extra financial support, just extra thinking time in her exams and some communication assistance, which is on the NZ curriculum anyway.

Persephone Jul 7th 2012 12:05 pm

Re: ITA

Congratulations on receiving your ITA:thumbsup::thumbsup:

You have 4 months to return it and your medicals will only 'last' for 3m so it all depends on your timings. Personally if you have done everything then I would send it in now and then it's one less thing to worry about.

scrubbedexpat094 Jul 8th 2012 9:44 am

Originally Posted by Persephone (Post 10159701)
Congratulations on receiving your ITA:thumbsup::thumbsup:

You have 4 months to return it and your medicals will only 'last' for 3m so it all depends on your timings. Personally if you have done everything then I would send it in now and then it's one less thing to worry about.

I concur ;)

Trish M Jul 14th 2012 3:53 pm

I went to NZ House in London last Monday and submitted a temporary work visa (plus student visa for Eva) application and permanent residence application giving my credit card a battering as a result!

They said if no problems, the turnaround time for the temporary visa application is approx 10 days.

I'm not allowing myself to get excited or book my flights until i receive confirmation of the visas. I'm not impressed that flight prices are increasing on a daily basis!:frown:

BEVS Jul 16th 2012 1:15 am

Sounds like it's all going well.

With the flight prices , all I can say is be glad it isn't NZ prices.

Trish M Jul 20th 2012 9:57 pm

Not going so well BEVS - I received a call from NZ House London yesterday to tell me that I have been approved for a 3 year temporary visa but Eva has been referred because of her diagnosis of Autism. Her application must be assessed by one of their medical assessors in NZ.

I was particularly peeved because the immigration officer still said, "Oh, but you can fly over and start work if you want." Hmmm yeah, I'm really going to leave my 12 year old daughter here while I bugger off to NZ aren't I? Stupid woman.:frown:

scrubbedexpat094 Jul 21st 2012 12:23 am

Originally Posted by Trish M (Post 10184111)
Not going so well BEVS - I received a call from NZ House London yesterday to tell me that I have been approved for a 3 year temporary visa but Eva has been referred because of her diagnosis of Autism. Her application must be assessed by one of their medical assessors in NZ.

I was particularly peeved because the immigration officer still said, "Oh, but you can fly over and start work if you want." Hmmm yeah, I'm really going to leave my 12 year old daughter here while I bugger off to NZ aren't I? Stupid woman.:frown:

That's a real bummer Trish. :fingerscrossed: the medical assessors don't take too long

thepinkone Jul 21st 2012 9:56 am

Fingers crossed for you Trish x