British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   ITA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/ita-611594/)

bevissa65 May 27th 2009 8:50 pm

ITA

Have finally got nurse registration through and medical results:thumbdown: Sadly old fat girl here got a high cholesterol of 5.6:( Am going to GP tomorrow to see the quickest way of getting it down. Am still going to send off ITA in the morning and hope for the best. Have a job to start July eek!!! Wish us luck:thumbsup: Bevissa

Lizaberry May 27th 2009 9:03 pm

Re: ITA

Originally Posted by bevissa65 (Post 7609977)
Have finally got nurse registration through and medical results:thumbdown: Sadly old fat girl here got a high cholesterol of 5.6:( Am going to GP tomorrow to see the quickest way of getting it down. Am still going to send off ITA in the morning and hope for the best. Have a job to start July eek!!! Wish us luck:thumbsup: Bevissa

Good luck with that Bevissa. Tell me, (some one who has never had a chloesterol test done in her life), what is the impact of this result. Will NZIS ask for a repeat test to see if you have managed to reduce it, or something else. I am right in thinking that you have a blood test as part of the medical but have an additional one done if you have a high BMI or 35cm+ waist? I've just picked up on these odd bits and pieces of information and wondered what's what. Would be nice to know what to expect.

Thanks, and once again, Good Luck!! LB

Am Loolah May 27th 2009 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by Lizaberry (Post 7610011)
Good luck with that Bevissa. Tell me, (some one who has never had a chloesterol test done in her life), what is the impact of this result. Will NZIS ask for a repeat test to see if you have managed to reduce it, or something else. I am right in thinking that you have a blood test as part of the medical but have an additional one done if you have a high BMI or 35cm+ waist? I've just picked up on these odd bits and pieces of information and wondered what's what. Would be nice to know what to expect.

Thanks, and once again, Good Luck!! LB

It can't be a 35cm+ waist!:eek:

bevissa65 May 27th 2009 9:22 pm

Am Loolah-I wish!! Its 88cm or above.

LB I'm not really sure, from other posts I think I will be asked to have another test and see if it was a mistake (don't think so:thumbdown:) or if it is on the way down. I knew I would have to have the extra blood tests cos my waist size was over (a fair few cm:sneaky:) but didn't expect a high reading. Should't be surprised really as I would kill for cheese and butter etc etc hence the waist size I guess:lol: Anyway we'll see what the powers that be say...... Bevissa

Lizaberry May 27th 2009 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by Am Loolah (Post 7610053)
It can't be a 35cm+ waist!:eek:

I think I meant 35inches+, sorry, my mistake! LOL

LB

Numptyhead May 27th 2009 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by bevissa65 (Post 7609977)

Oh darling,
I am sorry to hear that. :(

Good Luck, at least its treatable with statins and you're not that high. Small comfort right now I know. Yes I would suggest you still put in your ITA. By the time they ask for the medical report from your GP, he can test and all being well it will be down into the perceived normal range and he will supply a report to that effect.

Just wanted to say I'm here. PM me if you want to chat
x

Numptyhead May 27th 2009 9:44 pm

For anyone concerned with regard to their cholesterol. You can get it checked at the chemists. Or you can buy kits online. 10mg Simvastatin is now available without prescription but you would have to talk to the pharmacist about it and your levels

bevissa65 May 27th 2009 10:49 pm

Have never seen so much paper work in one place, have just written huge cheque to NZIS and my beloved hasn't got a full birth certificate:frown: Have just ordered one on-line priority £26 bloody hell do these costs never end? Now have to decide whether to wait for it or try our luck with a letter of explanation:confused: Arghhhhh need alcohol

BEVS May 28th 2009 12:00 am

No alcohol for you m'love. :beer: Cholesterol ! No money left either I would imagine. :p

Have some karma instead & all the best for those NZIS meds and tests.

26 quid for a birth cert makes it gold-plated. :ohmy:

bevissa65 May 28th 2009 9:07 pm

Didn't succumb to alcohol in the end or chocolate surprisingly:D even had porridge for breakfast:( Told OH the birthcert was £7 which is correct except I ordered priority service.....will tell him when he's had a few beers:lol: Even better GP today told me he didn' consider cholesterol high until it was >6.5 and would happily write a letter saying so. Think I feel better now. Thanks for karma and good wishes all, will keep you posted:thumbsup:

MooMoo290373 May 31st 2009 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by bevissa65 (Post 7613507)
Didn't succumb to alcohol in the end or chocolate surprisingly:D even had porridge for breakfast:( Told OH the birthcert was £7 which is correct except I ordered priority service.....will tell him when he's had a few beers:lol: Even better GP today told me he didn' consider cholesterol high until it was >6.5 and would happily write a letter saying so. Think I feel better now. Thanks for karma and good wishes all, will keep you posted:thumbsup:

Hi My cholesterol was 6.5 when i had my meds results back, i managed to get it down to 5.2 still just above what is required and my medical was approved this week, try and get it down as much as possible and you should be ok, my waist was slighty over too but did`nt seem to be any problems reguarding that :thumbsup:

chippy64 May 31st 2009 5:00 pm

My cholesterol was 6 point something and wasn't even queried!!!!!! :huh:

bevissa65 May 31st 2009 6:16 pm

Thanks guys, I'm feeling better about it all now and ITA goes in Tuesday and hope for the best:thumbsup: