IT

Old Jul 26th 2007, 11:39 pm
Just Joined

s.kumar will become famous soon enoughs.kumar will become famous soon enough
Default IT

Hello Everyone:

Can anyone please advise me about IT jobs in NZ? To be specific, I'm a SAS Programmer looking to migrate to NZ.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Kumar
Old Jul 27th 2007, 12:16 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: IT

Hi Kumar,

Perhaps first of all take a squiz at www.seek.co.nz and see if your sort of expertise is being advertised. You might also want to contact the different Chambers of Commerce in the various cities here and get some lists of companies that are involved in IT. That would be a good start.
Maybe you could also get on a plane and come here and make a few appointments and get some face-to-face interviews. That would be your best bet. Many IT professionals that seek to immigrate to New Zealand find it frustrating trying to get hired from abroad. I'm not saying that it can't be done. However, the employers here really do prefer to have potential employees on the ground.
If you are lucky enough to get a satisfactory job offer do come on here and fire away with any immigration questions. There are a number of people on this site that have recently been through the immigration process and they could offer you some good advice.

Good luck.
Old Jul 29th 2007, 2:47 pm
Just Joined

s.kumar will become famous soon enoughs.kumar will become famous soon enough
Default Re: IT

Hello happynz:

I do appreciate your kind suggestions. I would certainly look for what you advised. Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Kumar