British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Issues with health once Medicals submitted (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/issues-health-once-medicals-submitted-643351/)

Elsie03 Dec 4th 2009 9:31 am

Issues with health once Medicals submitted

hi folks

Not been on here for a wee while....now living in NZ and applying for permanent residency. ITA issued and medicals booked for next Friday.

However, just a question which some of you fine people may be able to help with.....

Once the doc has completed the medical questionnaire and this has been sent with chest xrays, etc to NZIS, would your doc have to divulge any new conditions/ailments during the period it would take for NZIS to issue residency?

For example, if I was taken ill after I had done my medical, would I be okay to have tests to investigate a new condition straight away (just after the medicals) or would it be best to wait until residency was issued? Not sure if the doc would have a duty to inform nzis (ie update he's previous findings) with subsequent knowledge? Not sure if this could potentially impact the immigration medical. Hope this makes sense...:fingerscrossed: ;)

Appreciate, as always, your input folks.

Ta muchly
x

BEVS Dec 5th 2009 3:06 am

Re: Issues with health once Medicals submitted

It sort of makes sense.... I think. :unsure:

Have a read of the NZIS guide for the medical examiners. I can't see mention of where they have a duty to update after an NZIS medical has been completed. However, the declaration by the applicant does give consent for authorisation to provide NZIS with information about the applicants health. This could be translated ,by a diligent medical examiner, that they should inform NZIS of any change to the applicants health , particularly if it was timely to the application.
i.e. the meds had only been done a week or so previous.... purely my supposition of course.

When I read the guide notes for the applicants medical , it clearly states that the applicant themselves have a duty to keep NZIS informed of any changes to health during the application.

PR is a visa/permit like any other and can be revoked if NZIS feel they have been mis-informed.

Originally Posted by Elsie03
Not sure if this could potentially impact the immigration medical

Depends on the condition.

Originally Posted by nzis for your info
Section C Declaration of person having the medical examination

This declaration must be signed and dated by the person being examined in the presence of the medical examiner.
A parent or guardian must sign on behalf of a child under 16 years of age. Please read carefully before signing.
I understand the notes and questions in sections A and B of this certificate and I declare the information given about me is true, correct, and complete.
I understand that this declaration also applies to the chest X-ray and laboratory test sections.
I declare I will inform Immigration New Zealand of any relevant fact or any change of circumstance that may affect the decision on my application for a permit or visa due to my health circumstances.
I authorise Immigration New Zealand to make any enquiries it deems necessary in respect of the information provided on this certificate and to share this information with other Government agencies (including overseas agencies) to the extent necessary to make decisions about my immigration status.
I authorise Immigration New Zealand to provide information about my state of health to any New Zealand health service agency.
I authorise any New Zealand health service agency to provide information about my state of health to Immigration New Zealand.
I undertake to pay the fees for this medical examination including chest X-ray and laboratory tests and I also agree that I or my child will undergo, at my expense, any further medical examination(s) that may be required by Immigration New Zealand in respect of the immigration application.
I agree that the medical examiner, the radiologist and the laboratory who complete this certificate may release to Immigration New Zealand, or any medical assessor employed by them, any information acquired with regard to the health of myself or my child.
I understand that if I make any false statements, or provide any false or misleading information or have changed or altered this certificate in any way, my application may be declined, or my visa or permit may be revoked, and that I may be committing an offence and be liable to prosecution and imprisonment.

NZIS Medical Examiners Guide