Ischaemic heart disease

Old Mar 4th 2010, 7:47 pm
Just Joined

Pat10 will become famous soon enough
Default Ischaemic heart disease

Is there any chance of a medical waiver for this condition - there have been no hospital admissions in the last 8 years and the condition is stable through medication. Ive been trawling through the forum for the past week but cant find anything relating to this particular condition. Thanks for any help you can give - Im petrified of ringing imnz as a blunt no would be heartbreaking.
Old Mar 4th 2010, 8:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

alanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ischaemic heart disease

Originally Posted by Pat10
Is there any chance of a medical waiver for this condition - there have been no hospital admissions in the last 8 years and the condition is stable through medication. Ive been trawling through the forum for the past week but cant find anything relating to this particular condition. Thanks for any help you can give - Im petrified of ringing imnz as a blunt no would be heartbreaking.
Hi Managed to find this on the NZIS site

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/10009.htm
Old Mar 4th 2010, 9:10 pm
Just Joined

Hi Alan - I had seen that so knew it was one of the named conditions but just wondered if anyone knew of someone who had their medical conditon assessed and had a waiver - does this make sense. Many thanks for your reply.
Old Mar 4th 2010, 11:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

Medical waivers do rely to some extent on the "contribution" you would be making to New Zealand outweighing the costs of treatment. People I have heard of who have gained such waivers have generally used NZ lawyers to help them prepare their case.

However, if your treatment will not cost more than $25,000 in the first four years of residency, technically you would not need a waiver.

EDIT: It also says in the the document that Alanmacc pointed you to that the condition should not require surgical intervention. It sounds as though yours does not?
Old Mar 5th 2010, 12:18 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Great posts here.

When an application has known complications at the outset, I do feel that a quality Immigration Consultant / Lawyer is helpful.

I think Jan and Neil used a good one.

Maybe have a conversation.
Old Mar 5th 2010, 12:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

Happy to supply details by PM
Old Mar 7th 2010, 10:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

alanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond repute

I personally think it can be a bit of hit and miss as well, my OH got in with very little issues with type 1 diabetes, I know its a pretty common health problem but it does still put a strain on the health service.

My advise for what its worth is to make sure you have as much up to date information from your consultant as possible, reports ect.

Good luck
Old Mar 8th 2010, 4:34 am
Forum Regular

Him and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of light

Hi,

Has Alan said the best thing you can do is pre-empt them and supply as much information from Dr's/consultants as possible even if they haven't asked for it..

I came out with type 2 diabetes this January and got referred to the medical assessor but supplied a written reference from my Dr and a diabetic consultant to say it was managed and under control with my visa application because i knew it would get referred, and got in...
I know it's a different disease but it shows that if you let them have as much info as possible it helps (everyones different when it comes to health issues so it's better that they see you are being managed and healthy rather then what a piece of general paper says about the condition, it also saves time!) We also asked about a medical waiver and our CO told us that we shouldn't "jump the gun" and wait to see what the MA said first, if it came back has a No then go to appeal, he warned us that going for a straight medical waiver was not the thing to do because if they said No then it was a Final decision and we would be left with no where else to go for an appeal.

Sorry i've waffled on abit but hope it helps you

Good luck Leanne

Last edited by Him and Me; Mar 8th 2010 at 6:30 am. Reason: Spelling,
Old Mar 15th 2010, 7:35 pm
Just Joined

Many thanks to everyone who has taken the trouble to reply - sorry for my tardiness in getting back to you all - have taken all advice on board and will proceed with caution.