Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

IRRV after 2 years, or the new equivalent , is it easy?

IRRV after 2 years, or the new equivalent , is it easy?

Old Mar 29th 2012, 12:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute
Default IRRV after 2 years, or the new equivalent , is it easy?

We are due to get indefinite returning status. Is it as easy as turning up to NZIS with our passports with its blue stickers, and our money. Or are there lots of forms? Sorry for dumb question but in a hurry as traveling abroad in a month or so.

Ta

Jan
Old Mar 29th 2012, 1:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IRRV after 2 years, or the new equivalent , is it easy?

Originally Posted by Jan n Neil
We are due to get indefinite returning status. Is it as easy as turning up to NZIS with our passports with its blue stickers, and our money. Or are there lots of forms? Sorry for dumb question but in a hurry as traveling abroad in a month or so.

Ta

Jan
Easy peasy, we did it at our local Palmy branch and was all very easy. Did not take too long and not too much paper work. Alas need to be done every time you get a new UK passport..guess once a decade is not too onerous eh?
Old Mar 29th 2012, 1:17 am
BE Enthusiast

MOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Yes there is a form download it from the imi website. You have to prove that you've met the conditions which were originally on your visa, e.g. been living/working here for a certain number of days out of the 2 years, brought property etc.

Then take/post the forms, pay your money ($160 I think but could be wrong!) and get a new stamp which will enable you to come and go as you please.

My OH took my form, passport and money into the Wellington office and got my passport stamped within 5 mins
Old Mar 29th 2012, 7:36 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

I did it over a year ago. It cost $160 then but may be more now.
I turned up at the office and got it done whilst I waited. If you have been in NZ for the required number of days [>183 in both of the previous two years] then you do not need to take anything to prove this. You also need 2 passport photos to go along with the application.
Not sure where the immigration office is in Chch now-it used to be in Cathedral Square
Old Mar 29th 2012, 10:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Assanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Persephone
I did it over a year ago. It cost $160 then but may be more now.
I turned up at the office and got it done whilst I waited. If you have been in NZ for the required number of days [>183 in both of the previous two years] then you do not need to take anything to prove this. You also need 2 passport photos to go along with the application.
Not sure where the immigration office is in Chch now-it used to be in Cathedral Square
Oh, so if I lived and worked in NZ for 12 months + 184 days I could leave and apply for the IRRV from abroad?
Old Mar 30th 2012, 9:58 am
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Persephone
It's now here -
http://www.immigration.govt.nz/branc...rchBranchHome/

Addington