IQA question

Old Feb 24th 2011, 11:35 am
Just Joined

zarxt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IQA question

Hello,
I am confused how is the qualification being assessed. As far as I see i need
Bachelor Degree (Level 7) qualification majoring in computer science, information science or information technology AND three years of relevant work experience.
But my diploma states Master's degree in Informatics with specialization in Information and Cummunication Technologies. I have received the following results from NZQA:

Pre-assessment Result: Level 7

On the information available, the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) assesses this qualification as comparable to the learning outcome of a qualification at Level 7 on the New Zealand Qualifications Framework.
Is this assessment enough for me to have my qualification recognized as one of the required qualifications and can i start my EOI with it? I am confused because it does not state to which qualification exactly it has been recognized.

Thanks.
Old Apr 10th 2011, 9:12 pm
Just Joined

Default IQA question

I have master in Computer Science and i don't have a bachelor because my study was 5 years directly for master.
Anyone had experience with NZQA and IQA with the same problem? What do i have to do to get it assessed as level 7 and not level 8 in order to claim points for LTSSL?

If you can demonstrate that your qualification contains the same content or covers the same areas as the listed qualification, then it may be considered with your application. NB: Bachelor vs Masters - they are not comparable.

To demostrate comparability of your qualification you may wish to approach NZQA to assess it against the lower qualification to see if it was comparable/contained the same components.
http://www.dol.govt.nz/immigration/k...base/item/1306

According to the above, it should be possible to get my qualification assessed as level 7. But in the IQA form there is no place where you can put your required level of assessment. Any suggestions what could i do?
Old Apr 11th 2011, 6:06 am
Banned

robbyarg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IQA question

This is kind of strange that you have a Masters before a Bachelors. Just send in yours docs to IQA and they should assess upto level 8, which should be 55 points I think.

This is really strange. Sounds like an Asian university or something. In any case, you can go and fill out the draft expression to see how many points you get for your Masters.

If you are still uncertain, give INZ a call or consult an NZ Immigration agent. Hope this is of some help.

Originally Posted by zarxt View Post
I have master in Computer Science and i don't have a bachelor because my study was 5 years directly for master.
Anyone had experience with NZQA and IQA with the same problem? What do i have to do to get it assessed as level 7 and not level 8 in order to claim points for LTSSL?

http://www.dol.govt.nz/immigration/k...base/item/1306

According to the above, it should be possible to get my qualification assessed as level 7. But in the IQA form there is no place where you can put your required level of assessment. Any suggestions what could i do?
Old Apr 11th 2011, 7:03 am
BE Site Lead & Admin

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robbyarg View Post
. Just send in yours docs to IQA and they should assess up to level 8.
Really? How do you know this without seeing the module comparisons. Please don't give hope like this unless you are in a position to actually factual.

The OP needs to understand that they cannot request a level that is required. The form is clear. If you need an NZQA full assessment , then send in everything you have and NZQA will make the comparison and NZQA, and only NZQA will tell you what the level is deemed to be equivalent to.

Again - you have a PM and a response is required not requested .
Old Apr 11th 2011, 9:08 am
Alone again, naturally

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS View Post
Really? How do you know this without seeing the module comparisons. Please don't give hope like this unless you are in a position to actually factual.

The OP needs to understand that they cannot request a level that is required. The form is clear. If you need an NZQA full assessment , then send in everything you have and NZQA will make the comparison and NZQA, and only NZQA will tell you what the level is deemed to be equivalent to.

Again - you have a PM and a response is required not requested .
Never had a response to my query as to whether Robbyarg is an agent or not. Would be useful to know so that people know to what level they can rely on his information.
Old Apr 11th 2011, 10:43 pm
BE Site Lead & Admin

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana View Post
Never had a response to my query as to whether Robbyarg is an agent or not. Would be useful to know so that people know to what level they can rely on his information.
I agree. He has managed to confuse several posters now.
Old Apr 11th 2011, 10:47 pm
BE Site Lead & Admin

Hello,
I am confused how is the qualification being assessed.
Originally Posted by NZQA
Pre-assessment Result: Level 7
On the information available, the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) assesses this qualification as comparable to the learning outcome of a qualification at Level 7 on the New Zealand Qualifications Framework.
Hi there.

I'm also confused .

You state that you require a level 7 to put in an EOI application and that you have been given a level 7 assessment by NZQA.

Is this correct?
Old Apr 12th 2011, 7:24 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BEVS View Post
Hi there.

I'm also confused .

You state that you require a level 7 to put in an EOI application and that you have been given a level 7 assessment by NZQA.

Is this correct?
Yes it is correct i got level 7 on the PAR now i hope that i will get level 7 again on the IQA. My study was 5 years and when you complete it you get directly master, instead of getting bachelor on the third year and then master two years later.
Old Apr 12th 2011, 7:28 am
BE Site Lead & Admin

Yes it is correct i got level 7 on the PAR now i hope that i will get level 7 again on the IQA. My study was 5 years and when you complete it you get directly master, instead of getting bachelor on the third year and then master two years later.
Wait .

If NZIS state that a level 7 is what is required for your skill & you have that from the PAR why are you going now for a full NZQA assessment?

NZIS will accept the PAR as far as I know. Just quote the number at EOI stage. You don't need both.

If NZIS decide they are uncertain about the PAR result, then they will tell you and give you time to go for a full assessment.