IQA - City & Guilds Part 2 Certificate

Old Jan 20th 2011, 11:05 am
Just Joined

Feasty66 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IQA - City & Guilds Part 2 Certificate

Hi all

We've been selected from the pool and have also been selected to apply under the Skilled Migrant Scheme

But, this is on the basis that we will need to get the City & Guilds Part II certificate in Motor Vehicle Mechanics Craft Studies, which was awarded before 1988, assessed by the NZQA as NZ Immigration are not in a position to determine the comparability between this and a New Zealand National Certificate in Automotive Engineering Level 4 OR National Certificate in Motor Industry (Automotive Electrical Engineering) Level 4 which is required to achieve the 25 bonus points we need. The LQEA states that this qualification occupies Level 4 on the NZQF; the LQEA only determines the Level of the qualification, not the content.

Again this is more money so wondered if anyone has had this comparison done and what the outcome was?

Would really appreciate any info...........

Thanks guys
Old Jan 20th 2011, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

gaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nice
Default Re: IQA - City & Guilds Part 2 Certificate

Originally Posted by Feasty66 View Post
Hi all

We've been selected from the pool and have also been selected to apply under the Skilled Migrant Scheme

But, this is on the basis that we will need to get the City & Guilds Part II certificate in Motor Vehicle Mechanics Craft Studies, which was awarded before 1988, assessed by the NZQA as NZ Immigration are not in a position to determine the comparability between this and a New Zealand National Certificate in Automotive Engineering Level 4 OR National Certificate in Motor Industry (Automotive Electrical Engineering) Level 4 which is required to achieve the 25 bonus points we need. The LQEA states that this qualification occupies Level 4 on the NZQF; the LQEA only determines the Level of the qualification, not the content.

Again this is more money so wondered if anyone has had this comparison done and what the outcome was?

Would really appreciate any info...........

Thanks guys
I have just had my C&G Part 1,2 + 3 Motor Craft Studies assessed by NZQA, they gave me a Level 4 in Automotive Electrical and Mechanical Engineering. I don't think the name means too much as long as its a Level 4. I am ex Army Mechanic so only have the basic Certs etc.

If there's any more info required, PM me.

Good Luck

Gaz