IQA and Calculation of Points

Old Jan 15th 2013, 9:15 am
Just Joined

rafay.india is an unknown quantity at this point
Question IQA and Calculation of Points

Hi folks, It's my debut in NZ forum and I'm exploring possibilities for INZ PR. I would appreciate experts to share their experience.

1. I want to lodge for IQA before going to file for EOI (My university degree and masters is in Group A of NZQA list of universities, I want to make sure that I have 60 points in qualification in advance). What is the list of documents I have to submit to IQA for verification? Do I need to submit my experience details alongwith my educational certificates?

2. My qualification is listed in both Immediate skill Shortage List and Long Term Shortage List, Can I claim 20 points for these two things (10 points each) or have to choose one between these two lists?

3. My experience is also listed in both Immediate skill Shortage List and Long Term Shortage List, Can I claim 20 points for these two things (10 points each) or have to choose one between these two lists?

4. What weightage points do we have with IELTS band, I have got overall 7 band in Academic module?

I have done a small self-assessment for myself for a job code ANZSCO – 221213/221214, guys please guide me a way to raise my points above 140+.

• 50 points for Qualification BMS (=L7, need to be comparable by NZQA) or 60 points for Qualification MBA (=L8 or 9, need to be comparable by NZQA).
00 points for IELTS 7.
• 30 points for Age (20-29 years).
• 15 points for Work Experience 5+ years in MNCs Accounts.
• 10 points for Experience in Future Growth Area.
• 10 points for Experience in Immediate Skill Shortage List.
• 10 points for Qualification in ANZSCO – 221213/221214 in Immediate Skill Shortage List.
• 10 points for Qualification in ANZSCO – 221213/221214 Long Term Skill Shortage List

Total points w/o Job Offer – 135.

Any voluntary help is greatly appreciated. TIA.

Regards,
Rafay
Old Jan 16th 2013, 6:15 am
Just Joined

eyadinuae is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IQA and Calculation of Points

1. I want to lodge for IQA before going to file for EOI (My university degree and masters is in Group A of NZQA list of universities, I want to make sure that I have 60 points in qualification in advance). What is the list of documents I have to submit to IQA for verification? Do I need to submit my experience details alongwith my educational certificates?

You need to check the website of NZQA and download the pdf file to learn from , all forms to be filled online , after that cover page will be generated and to be printed and sign it by your self and then to be send by courier post all orional documents and certified translated that you are claim you have it when you fill the form . fee to be pay by credit card around 747 NZ $ with 40 $ to let NZQA back the documents to you

2. My qualification is listed in both Immediate skill Shortage List and Long Term Shortage List, Can I claim 20 points for these two things (10 points each) or have to choose one between these two lists?

You can claim 25 points as I know with one option only .

3. My experience is also listed in both Immediate skill Shortage List and Long Term Shortage List, Can I claim 20 points for these two things (10 points each) or have to choose one between these two lists?

No it is 25 points 15 & 10 only

4. What weightage points do we have with IELTS band, I have got overall 7 band in Academic module?

If your study in English ( Your original certificate + mark sheet + syllbus ) I mean your study in English then No need for IELTS if No you need IELTS - General exam with overall 6.5

10 points for Experience in Future Growth Area.

Future growth area that is mean you have a job offer from New Zealand , Do you have it ?, your points calculation is wrong you need to check the web site of Immigration new zealand & NZQA and study it clearly and also other forum ( You can google it by ENZ forum )
THANKS
Old Jan 16th 2013, 8:47 am
Just Joined

Post Re: IQA and Calculation of Points

eyadinuae thanks for your advice. You nearly removed a curtain from my eyes. I was in dilemma that I have 135 points!

I have revised my assessment of points;
• 50 points for Qualification BMS (=L7, need to be comparable by NZQA) or 60 points for Qualification MBA (=L8 or 9, need to be comparable by NZQA).
• 00 points for IELTS 7.
• 15 points for Work Experience 5+ years in MNCs.
• 10 points for Qualification in ANZSCO – 221213/221214 Long Term Skill Shortage List
• 10 for a Partner qualification.
Total points w/o Job Offer – 115.

I don’t have a job offer as of now, may be in a short while I can get it (Inshallah). And a job offer seems to be must have seeing my total points.

One more thing, what we mean by syllabus? I can send the certificates (like Convocation Cert. etc) along with the mark sheet or memo contains details about the subjects that I had studied during the course. (Getting a syllabus from the university or college is quite impossible for me or any1, as it goes for a change in every 3-5 years period. Nobody will entertain me in giving my syllabus copy from 2005 batch).

Last edited by rafay.india; Jan 16th 2013 at 8:50 am.
Old Jan 16th 2013, 9:18 am
Just Joined

One more thing, what we mean by syllabus? I can send the certificates (like Convocation Cert. etc) along with the mark sheet or memo contains details about the subjects that I had studied during the course. (Getting a syllabus from the university or college is quite impossible for me or any1, as it goes for a change in every 3-5 years period. Nobody will entertain me in giving my syllabus copy from 2005 batch).

That is exactly What I mean by syllabus , details what you study , and must bring it from university and if stamped will be better , try to check and check the website of the university and any friends , if you check the NZQA website here it is very important
http://www.nzqa.govt.nz/assets/quali.../guide-IQA.pdf
and they need : secondary school certificate + the highest degree for example Bsc degree + master degree they will assess the last one not every
one separate .. and then the last one need : degree certificate + degree mark sheet + syllabus
after that the work experiences you need to collect profs of your work experiences ..
Don't thought it is difficult just try !!
Old Jan 16th 2013, 9:40 am
Just Joined

I have revised my assessment of points;
• 00 points for IELTS 7.
• 15 points for Work Experience 5+ years in MNCs.
• 10 for a Partner qualification.
Total points w/o Job Offer – 115

Do you calculate your Bonus points ?
Old Jan 17th 2013, 9:23 am
Just Joined

Post Re: IQA and Calculation of Points

I can get my masters degree certificate + marksheet + syllabus, as I'm in the current city where I have completed my masters. But for graduation syllabus, I tried calling all my friend and professors for the same last evening. Hopefully they need time till this weekend.

I haven't calculated the bonus points, it's lots confusing. When I tried calculating point through immigration website I'm only getting 100 points, however when I tried it manually the scores are something different. Looks like I need some guidance on this (I have not contacted any agent for this yet, just wanted to do it myself).
Old Jan 17th 2013, 10:30 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by rafay.india
I can get my masters degree certificate + marksheet + syllabus, as I'm in the current city where I have completed my masters. But for graduation syllabus, I tried calling all my friend and professors for the same last evening. Hopefully they need time till this weekend.

I haven't calculated the bonus points, it's lots confusing. When I tried calculating point through immigration website I'm only getting 100 points, however when I tried it manually the scores are something different. Looks like I need some guidance on this (I have not contacted any agent for this yet, just wanted to do it myself).
This is a thread from our forum you can check :
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=780454