Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Interview with NZ Embassy in London - help!

Interview with NZ Embassy in London - help!

Old Jan 2nd 2008, 3:46 pm
Just Joined

Jayne and Trev is just really niceJayne and Trev is just really niceJayne and Trev is just really niceJayne and Trev is just really niceJayne and Trev is just really niceJayne and Trev is just really niceJayne and Trev is just really niceJayne and Trev is just really niceJayne and Trev is just really nice
Default Interview with NZ Embassy in London - help!

Hi All

My partner and I recieved our ITA and are currently gathering the info. However, we have been told that as we dont have a job offer we will have to have an interview that assesses our ability to settle in NZ. Has anyone had this? If so, any tips on what it is all about?

Cheers x
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 5:07 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Interview with NZ Embassy in London - help!

Originally Posted by Jayne and Trev
Hi All

My partner and I recieved our ITA and are currently gathering the info. However, we have been told that as we dont have a job offer we will have to have an interview that assesses our ability to settle in NZ. Has anyone had this? If so, any tips on what it is all about?

Cheers x
They want to do just that, assess your ability to fit in. Relax about it, I'm sure it's nothing too serious. Unless others have stories that paint a different picture. How many points did you apply with, and what are your skills that you entered?
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 5:34 pm
Forum Regular

sarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond repute

My partner had phone interview and said it was quite straightforward. They talked about the sort of work he would do in NZ and what homework he'd done on the availability of roles, talked about his hobbies (being Welsh - must have been sheep and rugby etc so bound to fit into NZ life!!).

No trick questions, they just want to get an understanding as to how well you'd settle in.
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 8:00 pm
Just Joined

Jayne and Trev is just really niceJayne and Trev is just really niceJayne and Trev is just really niceJayne and Trev is just really niceJayne and Trev is just really niceJayne and Trev is just really niceJayne and Trev is just really niceJayne and Trev is just really niceJayne and Trev is just really nice

Thanks Guys, we applied with 125 points. My partner is the main applicant and is a Carpenter. He has worked in NZ before and has spent 18 months there bedore so hopefully we should be ok. They just told us we would need to have it as we havent got a job offer.

cheers for the advice