Interview -- kiwibank

Old May 27th 2013, 9:42 am
Just Joined

Prg123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Interview -- kiwibank

Hi,

Last week had a Skype interview with kiwibank & they liked me so going to have a second interview with them woo hoooo.

Anyone on here work for them in Wellington?

Next stage for me is to go over for a few weeks to workout where we want to live and then complete all the immigration forms.

It will be a massive move for us my two children ( 9 and 12 ) and my wife will be moving over once I get a job offer.

All very exciting :-).

Sorry for waffling on.... I'm quite excited with to all.

Pete
Old May 27th 2013, 9:47 am
Forum Regular

kiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Interview -- kiwibank

Good luck, I'm in the process of applying for my visa and heading to the Hutt Valley!

Look at China Southern if you want cheap and cheerful flights for a visit :0)

KWB
Old May 27th 2013, 9:51 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and welcome to BE and out little part of it.

good luck with your second interview. have you looked at what type of visa you would looking at getting.

As for area's I depend you need to look at what you want from the move. beach living, city living or something inbetween. Also you need to consider the children's education and what area's would be best for them. Seeing as your eldest is 12 it's going to be a toss up if she goes into a school at year 8 or year 9 and if its year 9 what documentation you may require from UK school if any, but sure someone else will be along to advise on that
Old May 27th 2013, 9:52 am
Just Joined

Thanks .... Do they fly into Wellington?
Old May 27th 2013, 9:57 am
Just Joined

The visa I will be looking at is the skilled migrant category as I work in IT and I believe there is a skilled shortage of IT workers in NZ.

I have noticed that one of the requirements is a degree however which I don't have, but I have over 20 yeas of experience. I believe I need a job offer before proceeding with my EOI which I am half way through filling in

Pete
Old May 27th 2013, 10:00 am

MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

you don't need a job offer to proceed with the EOI, if you believe you are going to get a job offer it is best to get the EOI into the selection pool. Selections are made fortnightly.

have you done the points indicator to see what points you can claim.?

Your EOI can sit in the pool for up to 6mths before you have to resubmit. you can amend the EOI to include a job offer if you don't have the magic 140 points for a automatic selection.

Once the EOI is selected they will take a quick look to see if the points you have claimed look valid you then get an Invitation to Apply (ITA) this is the main applicaiton and can take anything from 3mths to longer for all the processes to be dealt with
Old May 27th 2013, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

kiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Prg123
Thanks .... Do they fly into Wellington?
No, I flew into Auckland and the booked an internal flight which was still cheaper than some of the bigger named airlines
Old May 27th 2013, 10:05 am
Just Joined

I did to the points indicator process and used my job as an indicator of skilled migrant which gave me 150 points. But when I read in more detail it seems to be in that category you need a degree..... So I'm not really sure if I qualify for those points now..... Very confusing

- Pete
Old May 27th 2013, 10:08 am
Just Joined

During the 3 month process can I work in NZ as I'm not sure the company would wait that long for me.
Old May 27th 2013, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by Prg123
During the 3 month process can I work in NZ as I'm not sure the company would wait that long for me.
NO - no visa no work. You could apply for a 12mth temp work visa whilst the ITA was going through but there is no guarantee just because you have a job offer are working they will allow you to continue pass the temp visa.

how are you claiming points? plse list
Old May 27th 2013, 10:16 am

also on a temp visa not sure how the rest of the family will fare. The children might have to go onto International Student visa's and pay for their education which but not sure on that one so someone else might be along soon to advise better on that.
Old May 27th 2013, 10:26 am
Just Joined

Ok here goes...

Skilled employment
1. Future growth areas
2. Absolute skills shortage
3. No of yrs exp > 10 years
4. No of yrs future growth area >6 yrs
5. No of yrs abs skills shortage >6 yrs
6. Offer of a job ( assuming I get the kiwibank job )
7. Have a partner with English proficiency
8. Age range 45-49

Above gives me 140 without a job gives me 55

Last edited by Prg123; May 27th 2013 at 10:30 am.
Old May 27th 2013, 10:34 am

did you fill this in?

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/pointsindicator/
Old May 27th 2013, 10:36 am
Just Joined

Yes I did
Old May 27th 2013, 10:38 am

unfortunately with only 55 points you cannot put in an EOI, minimum is 100 and that score has not been selected for sooo long.
so you really do need to work out if you have any qualifications you can put down or have a job offer, be aware that my husband also in IT had to have his job offer rewritten 3 times before Immigration would accept that it covered the right criteria.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.