British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Inquiry about residency under partnership (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/inquiry-about-residency-under-partnership-819328/)

abusaqer Dec 25th 2013 5:25 am

Inquiry about residency under partnership

Hi Everyone,

I have a work visa under partnership bias since July this year..
I recently get a job in Wahiki Island so I will leave my partner house and find an accommodation in Wahiki Island...but we still in a relationship, the only thing that changed is my location living as of my job place.

My Question is:-
Will I Qualify to apply for a residency on a partnership bias next time
(after one year of our relationship and before my visa expire) ??
IF I appoint a lawyer will that be helpful to make it easy for me ??

abusaqer Dec 25th 2013 6:07 am

Re: Inquiry about residency under partnership

I am looking forward to read from you guys !

MrsFychan Dec 25th 2013 6:25 am

the lawyer will just sort the paperwork you provide so I would say save your money and do it yourself. Immigration have always been very helpful to us when we needed to query anything, cost of a phone call or pop along to the nearest Immigration office. Just make sure you read through the Immigration website and you know what you need to be eligible to obtain the partnership visa.

abusaqer Dec 25th 2013 6:33 am

Originally Posted by MrsFychan (Post 11050866)
the lawyer will just sort the paperwork you provide so I would say save your money and do it yourself. Immigration have always been very helpful to us when we needed to query anything, cost of a phone call or pop along to the nearest Immigration office. Just make sure you read through the Immigration website and you know what you need to be eligible to obtain the partnership visa.

thank you ...I have read the requirement that me and my partner should live together to be qualify for this residency by partnership. I want to know if could be possible to be exception for this case

MrsFychan Dec 25th 2013 8:04 am

I think as long as you can show that you are a partnership then they will look favourably. You would need to show that you still maintain the relationship, ie meeting up at weekends, maintaining bill responsibility at your partners address etc. If not I feel it will be very difficult to show a committed long term relationship

abusaqer Dec 26th 2013 1:14 am

Originally Posted by MrsFychan (Post 11050899)
I think as long as you can show that you are a partnership then they will look favourably. You would need to show that you still maintain the relationship, ie meeting up at weekends, maintaining bill responsibility at your partners address etc. If not I feel it will be very difficult to show a committed long term relationship

Thank you....I think the same too...but as it written in their website that we should be living together...

MrsFychan Dec 26th 2013 6:34 am

how long is the contract for for the new job? if its a permanent one can you apply for a work visa instead of the partnership visa if not and it is a permanent one how do you intend to carry on the relationship?