Info for those going on WTR visas

Old Jan 16th 2007, 9:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

spackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud of
Default Info for those going on WTR visas

Just found this and thought it might be of interest to any of you planning on going down this route.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/1/...ectid=10419485
Old Jan 16th 2007, 11:15 pm

Mandie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Info for those going on WTR visas

Originally Posted by spackster
Just found this and thought it might be of interest to any of you planning on going down this route.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/1/...ectid=10419485
Very interesting article...by looking at this it seemed quite scary to begin with as i would be going down the 'work to residency' route, but on second reading i noticed that it's a 6 month permit for those who are borderline for PR, whereas a 'work to residency VISA' is valid for 2 years by which time PR can be applied for.

That makes sense to me...hope i've got that right
Mandie
Old Jan 17th 2007, 2:49 am
Just Joined

Steve Horrell will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Mandie.H
Very interesting article...by looking at this it seemed quite scary to begin with as i would be going down the 'work to residency' route, but on second reading i noticed that it's a 6 month permit for those who are borderline for PR, whereas a 'work to residency VISA' is valid for 2 years by which time PR can be applied for.

That makes sense to me...hope i've got that right
Mandie
Indeed you did get that right Mandie but, when you apply for PR after the two years spent in NZ under the WTR Visa scheme, you have to go through all the medicals, xrays and police checks again as the NZIS say the ones done in UK at great expense before you left are no longer valid!! Gets to be expensive in the end....
Old Jan 17th 2007, 3:48 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve Horrell
Indeed you did get that right Mandie but, when you apply for PR after the two years spent in NZ under the WTR Visa scheme, you have to go through all the medicals, xrays and police checks again as the NZIS say the ones done in UK at great expense before you left are no longer valid!! Gets to be expensive in the end....
Also bear in mind that:

- Since 2005, the time on the temporary visa does not count for the new (longer) 5 year residence period for NZ citizenship; and

- Since 1.1.06, a child born in NZ to parents on temporary visas is not a New Zealand citizen at birth.