British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Info about ITA following EOI selection (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/info-about-ita-following-eoi-selection-542731/)

Mr Peace Jun 7th 2008 8:42 pm

Info about ITA following EOI selection

Dear Sam,

Congratulations!!

I am a newbie to this forum and my EOI was selected on the 4th. I am wating to hear from NZIS for a reply. I will appreciate if you would spare some time to answer my following queries as you have been through the process:

1. When an EOI is selected, how do I know which branch is dealing with my
application? (Please note that I applied on the internet in UK)

2. When I recieve the ITA, then do I need to send "originals" of the
requested documents or are "cerified" copies accepted by NZIS? (Just
worried that the originals might get misplaced.....if sent to New Zealand??)

3. What questions did the caseworker ask during your ITA application.
Was it on the landline, mobile or email chat....

4. I need to produce a supporting document for my work experience. How
much detail did you provide (if it was required) for your work experience?
Did you prepare a formal report or a brief description ? Didi you include a
lot of photos?

4. Any other arreas in which I must be prepared..... no surprises!!

I am a bit nervous about the whole process and that is why I have asked in detail. I hope you wo'nt mind.

Kind regards and thanx in advance

Peace:)

Persephone Jun 7th 2008 10:11 pm

Re: ITA submitted!!

Congratulations again Samsuth!

Mr Peace, I'll try and answer

If you applied from the UK then your application should be dealt with by the London branch.
You can certainly send certified copies of your documents when you get your ITA, I found a solicitor and was charged £2 a copy for my passport, degree and copy of my registration document. Not sure if they wanted the last one but I sent it anyway. Hey £2 was worth it to give them more info! If you send in the originals they want a photocopy of it as well. I sent in certified copies as I need my passport and didn't want to risk my docs getting lost somewhere in NZ House:rofl:
There are theads on here about the sort of questions asked during an interview, you shouldn't be interviewed if you have a job offer. Otherwise the interview will be well after they receive your ITA. Many months is more likely:mad: I don't know how to do links so if someone doesn't come along who can let you know the sort of questions then let me know and I'll copy and paste them. Computers and me:eek:
For work experience they suggest first and final payslips, contracts, references from previous and current employers on headed notepaper, stating dates worked, hours worked per week and letters confirming acceptance of employment.
I sent in payslips,references and a contract and confirmation letter from my current job. Had no contact for my previous job!!! Didn't send in photos for this, could be a bit gory given my job:p. They've only just received my ITA so not much time to get back to me if any problems yet:unsure:

Make sure you get a full birth certificate with parents' names and occupations, the short form isn't good enough.

Congratulations on your selection. All the best and just ask if you have a question
Sue :D

Mr Peace Jun 8th 2008 11:13 am

Thanx Sue and to all those who have spared their time in reading this thread!!

So Sue, you are certainly 100% sure that the application (if invited) would be delat by the london office?

That answers most of my questions!! Has anybody else on this forum who has already recieved his/her PR, submitted "certified copies" of their original docs with the ITA application. Just worried that NZIS would come back and say "hey, we need your originals please" :)

My other worry is regarding the work experience...How much info is enough info for them to consider PR applications? Will they be happy with references, pay slips without any detailed work experience report? Has anybody else recieved his/her PR without sending in any detailed work experience report? i.e sending in only pay slips, references.

I think I have visited that thread which shows the kind of questions the interviewer asks.

Many thanx and I will let you all know about the progress of my application

Regards

howden40 Jun 8th 2008 11:36 am

Originally Posted by Mr Peace (Post 6445398)
Dear Sam,

Congratulations!!

I am a newbie to this forum and my EOI was selected on the 4th. I am wating to hear from NZIS for a reply. I will appreciate if you would spare some time to answer my following queries as you have been through the process:

1. When an EOI is selected, how do I know which branch is dealing with my
application? (Please note that I applied on the internet in UK)

You will be given a case worker, direct line to him/her e-mail number etc and reference number.

2. When I recieve the ITA, then do I need to send "originals" of the
requested documents or are "cerified" copies accepted by NZIS? (Just
worried that the originals might get misplaced.....if sent to New Zealand??)

No you can send certified copies, but make sure you use the correct wording, the wording to use will be supplied with your pack

3. What questions did the caseworker ask during your ITA application.
Was it on the landline, mobile or email chat....

Tony had a job offer so we didn't have an interview

4. I need to produce a supporting document for my work experience. How
much detail did you provide (if it was required) for your work experience?
Did you prepare a formal report or a brief description ? Didi you include a
lot of photos?

Included detailed itinery of eldest sons evidence of training/employment. Better to include too much rather than not enough, case worker if good will answer this question

4. Any other arreas in which I must be prepared..... no surprises!!

Your pack is made up of a number of units. For each unit you will have a list of items required to verify EOI and points allocated to each claims

I am a bit nervous about the whole process and that is why I have asked in detail. I hope you wo'nt mind.

e've all be their, no one on this site minds answering questions, wish I'd known about this site before I left UK
Kind regards and thanx in advance

Do you have children, what ages. I only ask this as we had a child approaching cut off age for dependent children, that's a whole new ball game.

Read other threads RE; medicals as if overweight will need extra bloods having fasted overnight.

Hope this helps, best of luck
Pauline

Justcol Jun 8th 2008 11:42 am

so are all you scots going to be heading for the south island
to help you feel more at home ;)
As a word of advice, dont be afraid to call them if things drag on a little.
they may think they need one or two extra bits of info but will not bother
to tell you until you file get to the top of the "things to do pile" again
they decided the wanted extra copies of things they already had from us but didnt
bother to tell us for weeks. Very frustrating

Persephone Jun 8th 2008 7:42 pm

Your application must be submitted (preferably by secure post) to your designated receiving office. This is usually, but not always, the closest office to where you are staying.

If your application is not sent to the correct office, it may be delayed (while being transferred to the correct office) or it may be returned to you un-actioned.

Mr Peace, this is from the NZIS website. If you apply online then it is sent to the London office to be dealt with. I received a letter about 3 weeks after selection saying that I'd been selected and that my EOI had been sent to the London office for evaluation.

Originals/ Certified Copies of Originals

You must provide either originals or certified copies of all documents submitted. We are unable to accept photocopies without the original document. Copies may be certified by notary public in the UK (Justices of the Peace in New Zealand) Lawyers or Solicitors. Certification by members of the South African Police, Post Masters, Bank Tellers and School Teachers not accepted for Immigration purposes.

If you are not providing certified copies of documents you must include the original document with a photocopy immediately behind it.

INZ reserves the right to request any original documents when only certified copies are provided.
Obviously they will need your passport at some point....

Work Experience

In order to claim points for work experience you must provide evidence of what position you were employed in, confirmation it was full-time (or the hours worked if part-time) and the duration of your employment (i.e. start date and finish date). Items which may prove your start/finish date include
· Reference on company letter head paper stating position, start and finish date
· Offer of employment
· Contract
· First pay slip
· Final pay slip

Many applicants are not providing enough evidence for the points that they are claiming for work experience. If you are claiming bonus points you must ensure that the evidence you are submitting shows that you are entitled to these points (eg level of IT experience). Please ensure that you read the guide thoroughly so that you are aware of the documents required.

A CV is not suitable evidence of work experience.

The above are from NZIS website, London branch under tips for lodging skilled migrant applications.

Hope this helps
Sue:D

Mr Peace Jun 8th 2008 8:43 pm

Thanx Howden for your detailed reply and thanx Sue for the extracts from the NZIS website. Dear Howden, I have a child who is 13 months old, so I do'nt think it will be an issue:)

Dear Howden may I ask what detail did you provide in the itinerary for the work experience. Was it an detailed essay type information or a simple description. Did you include some photos. Just need to be sure that's all.

Dear Sue, is it possible for you to paste the NZIS link on this thread which contains the info you have just shown us. I will appreciate. So one thing is for sure that we can send in certified copies!!:) However they have the authority to request the originals.

I f I send in the certified copies of originals then when will my passport be required. Is it when they give the decision or will the passport go with the ITA application pack.

I am still waiting for the confirmation letter from the NZIS:) Do'nt know which area is good to settle down in NZ.

Regards

howden40 Jun 8th 2008 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by Mr Peace (Post 6447777)

Dear Howden may I ask what detail did you provide in the itinerary for the work experience. Was it an detailed essay type information or a simple description. Did you include some photos. Just need to be sure that's all.

I'm a bullets point type of person, so just made a list of experience and then expanded a bit to say how gained experience. Sent copies of all courses attended and short paragraph saying what personally gained from course. ie greater understanding of.....

I f I send in the certified copies of originals then when will my passport be required. Is it when they give the decision or will the passport go with the ITA application pack.

You don't need to send your passport until they want to put your Visa's in. We received a phone call Wed morning saying Visa's granted I sent passports registered post Wed 2pm (ish), had the Visa's back Friday. You need to take passports and passport photo's for medicals, bloods and x-rays
I am still waiting for the confirmation letter from the NZIS:) Do'nt know which area is good to settle down in NZ.

Regards

Hope this clears things a bit - your pack will be detailed and specific to your application. It will list everything you need to do and send. It will also have a overall check list that you can tick off as evidence needed gained. Honest they send almost an 'idiots guide of what to do, what is needed', they do try to make it easy for you.

Happy hunting, best of luck
Pauline

howden40 Jun 8th 2008 11:42 pm

POLICE CHECKS

You don't need to do the CRB check, just an ordinary Police check will do. Go to local police station and say you need the forms for a police check as your hoping to emigrate. These checks only take about 10 days and only cost £10 (unless they have just gone up), we used photocopies when we sent off for our Police checks. Straightforward.

Pauline

Mr Peace Jun 9th 2008 8:13 am

Thanx for the info!:D

I shall let you know how things progress. If I have other questions later, I will be back. Still waiting for Sue's reply:)

As you have mentioned for the police checks, is it allowed to have a simple local police certificate:unsure:Do the NZIS accept it if it is NOT an CRB check. Has anybody else done this before and got his/her PR with a simple police check?

teebrown Jun 9th 2008 10:25 am

Just to let you know about the Police checks, they have gone up, it costs £35 each now. we sent our of 2 weeks ago and got them back 10 days later.
Just got medicals tomorrow to get through.

howden40 Jun 9th 2008 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by Mr Peace (Post 6449140)
Thanx for the info!:D

I shall let you know how things progress. If I have other questions later, I will be back. Still waiting for Sue's reply:)

As you have mentioned for the police checks, is it allowed to have a simple local police certificate:unsure:Do the NZIS accept it if it is NOT an CRB check. Has anybody else done this before and got his/her PR with a simple police check?

We used the simple Police checks for all four of us. Arrived here 1st January 2008. The documentation asks for a police check, does not state CRB. CRB nearly 4 x price of police check and takes 6 - 12 weeks while police check takes around 10 days.

Pauline

Persephone Jun 9th 2008 8:05 pm

Still haven't worked out how to do links yet:o

If you go onto the website. In the column on the left hand side you need to click on branch contacts, scroll down and click on London. Then click on "tips and processing times"
That will bring up the items I posted above.

I got my police check from the link on the NZIS website, it cost £35 and it took about 5 days.

Sue

Mr Peace Jun 12th 2008 3:30 pm

Thanx Sue,

Still waiting for the reply from NZIS:) and writing up a simple brief work experience report at the same time:lightbulb:.

Peace

Mr Peace Nov 24th 2008 1:26 pm

Re: Info about ITA following EOI selection

Dear Pauline, (Howden40)

I am still preparing my ITA for submission and would like to ask for a question. I have got my Police Clearance Certificate from my country of citizenship but waiting for my dependent's Police Clearance Ceritficate from her country of citizenship. I have however, recieved the scan of the awaited Police Clearance Certificate. To cut the story short, is it possible for me to submit our ITA with the scanned copy of awaited the Police Certificate (I am afraid it might be delayed and our date is nearing closer for submission)

The NZIS do not state that they require the original Police Certificate, however:unsure: