British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Increase in minimum salary allowed for WTR with accredited employers (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/increase-minimum-salary-allowed-wtr-accredited-employers-537428/)

BEVS May 18th 2008 9:16 pm

Increase in minimum salary allowed for WTR with accredited employers

Per NZIS News Friday, 9 May 2008

Change to minimum salary allowed for applicants under the Talent (Accredited Employers) Work Policy

As from 28 July 2008, the minimum allowable salary for applicants under the Talent (Accredited Employers) Work Policy will be NZ$55,000 per annum.

BEVS May 19th 2008 2:16 am

Re: Increase in minimum salary allowed for applicants using Accredited Employers

FAQs

FAQs about changes to the Talent (Accredited Employers) Work Policy
Friday, May 09, 2008
Frequently asked questions about this change to policy which comes into effect on and after 28 July 2008.
What change is being made to the Talent (Accredited Employers) Work Policy?

The annual salary requirement under the Talent (Accredited Employers) Work Policy will increase from NZ$50,000 to NZ$55,000.

When does the change come into effect?

This change will come into effect on and after 28 July 2008. All applications for a work visa or permit under the Talent (Accredited Employers) Work Policy made with Immigration New Zealand (INZ) on and after 28 July 2008 will require a base salary of at least NZ$55,000 per annum included in the applicant’s offer of employment.

Why is this change being made?

The salary requirement under this policy was established at NZ$45,000 in 2001 as this was the average salary for “professionals” then. The average salary for “professionals” is now approximately NZ$55,000. The salary requirement was increased to NZ$50,000 in July 2007. To align with the average salary for “professionals” the salary requirement is being increased again, to $55,000.

I already hold a Talent (Accredited Employer) work visa and/or permit. Does this change affect me?

This change will not affect your work visa and/or permit because your application for your visa and/or permit would have been made prior to 28 July 2008. Any subsequent application for residence under the Residence policy for holders of work permits granted under the Talent (Accredited Employers) Work Policy will require you to have been in your employment for at least two years at a salary of at least:

* NZ$45,000 if your initial application for your work visa or permit was made before 30 July 2007
* NZ$50,000 if your initial application for your work visa or permit was made on and after 30 July 2007 but before 28 July 2008.

I have made an application for a work visa and/or permit under the Talent (Accredited Employers) Work Policy, but it has not yet been decided by INZ. Will this change affect me?

No, the change in policy will not affect your application provided it was made with INZ before 28 July 2008.

Have changes been made to any of the other Work to Residence work policies?

No, no changes have been made to the Talent (Arts, Culture and Sports) Work Policy or the Long Term Skill Shortage List Work Policy.

Has the associated Residence from Work policy changed as well?

Yes, the Residence policy for holders of work permits granted under the Talent (Accredited Employers) Work Policy has been amended to require applicants to have employment in New Zealand with a base salary of at least NZ$55,000 per annum if the associated Work to Residence permit or visa application was made on or after 28 July 2008.

To have a subsequent application for residence under the Residence policy for holders of work permits granted under the Talent (Accredited Employers) Work Policy approved, applicants who made their application for a Work to Residence permit or visa:

* on or after 30 July 2007 but before 28 July 2008, will be required to be employed at a base salary of at least NZ$50,000 per annum
* before 30 July 2007, will be required to be employed at a base salary of at least NZ$45,000 per annum.

As an Accredited Employer how does this policy change affect us?

The change in policy does not affect your actual accreditation with INZ. However, from 28 July 2008 all prospective employees who make an application with INZ under the Talent (Accredited Employers) Work Policy will be required to hold an offer of employment which includes a salary of at least NZ$55,000 per annum to be eligible for a work visa and/or permit under this policy.

Where can I go for further information?

For further information, you can refer to the Amendment Circular 2008-06 PDF [41KB]. The relevant policy provisions are WR1.5, WR1.10, WR1.30 and RW2.

j19fmm May 19th 2008 7:44 pm

Re: Increase in minimum salary allowed for applicants using Accredited Employers

Hey Bevs, sorry to be a bit thick, does this mean any job offer from accreditated employer, such as teaching. The 'Talent' bit is confusing me!!
Thanks, :(

weejie May 20th 2008 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by j19fmm (Post 6368016)
Hey Bevs, sorry to be a bit thick, does this mean any job offer from accreditated employer, such as teaching. The 'Talent' bit is confusing me!!
Thanks, :(

Ditto the above but from a nursing perspective. I've just received job offer and the salary is less than NZ$55k and wanted some confirmation before accepting!!

Phyllis

BEVS May 21st 2008 1:15 am

Sorry for the confusion. I'll try and amend the heading .

The above only affects those looking to gain Permanent Residency from a Work to Residence or a Residence from Work visa by working for NZIS accredited employers. They would not be using the Skilled Migrant route and the EOI points system.

Weejie - you are a nurse so you will be coming in on the Skilled Migrant policy. It won't affect you. You'll be submitting an EOI etc.

same to you j19fmm. You are coming as a teacher and therefore the Skilled Migrant route. You will also be submitting an EOI etc.

weejie May 21st 2008 6:25 am

Re: Increase in minimum salary allowed for WTR with accredited employers

Thanks for clearing that up.

Phyllis

BEVS May 21st 2008 6:32 am

Re: Increase in minimum salary allowed for WTR with accredited employers

Cor ! You're an early bird.

Soz for the confusion m'love. Just get on and get out here.

j19fmm May 21st 2008 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by BEVS here (Post 6373247)
Sorry for the confusion. I'll try and amend the heading .

The above only affects those looking to gain Permanent Residency from a Work to Residence or a Residence from Work visa by working for NZIS accredited employers. They would not be using the Skilled Migrant route and the EOI points system.

Weejie - you are a nurse so you will be coming in on the Skilled Migrant policy. It won't affect you. You'll be submitting an EOI etc.

same to you j19fmm. You are coming as a teacher and therefore the Skilled Migrant route. You will also be submitting an EOI etc.

Cheers BEVS here, just need a job then!!