British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Including 18 year old son on EOI (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/including-18-year-old-son-eoi-564451/)

lindsay loo Sep 30th 2008 11:14 am

Including 18 year old son on EOI

Hi

We want to submit our EOI soon but our 18 year old son doesnt know if he will be coming with us yet. He is a dancer and may go to America first, but wont know til after Xmas. Should we just include him anyway as I see he cant apply on his own until he is 20.

Thanks

chippy64 Sep 30th 2008 8:21 pm

Re: Including 18 year old son on EOI

Think it may be easier to take someone off an application than add one on. Of course, if you go further down the line, then you would have to pay medicals and migrant fee.
I have 3 teenage children and my middle one (17) was quite anti it at first but now raring to go - fickle creatures aren't they! :)

lindsay loo Oct 1st 2008 8:43 am

Cheers for that! yes I think you're right - it would be easier to take him off than to add him later. Talking of teenagers, our youngest (15) has changed her mind at the moment, says when she is 16 she will go off and live in London!! We are planning to go when she finishes school next year. I'm hoping she will change her mind when she starts to lose touch with her friends. When are you going?

chippy64 Oct 1st 2008 9:48 am

Still waiting for visa!

Hopefully, it wont be too much longer. The plan is for husband and two sons (17 and 15) to go out as soon as poss and then I will stay over here until I need to validate as my 19 year old daughter, who was included on application, is now having a baby in January and no longer permitted to come with us!

My 15 year old is raring to go - he had a blip after teachers told him to complete his education here (not impressed!!!!) but back on track and looking forward to trying ALL of NZ's golf courses! :D

When and where are you hoping for and best of luck with the children! :D

lindsay loo Oct 1st 2008 9:58 am

Hi Again! Husband is a builder so hoping to start off in Auckland as we have 2 sets of UK friends there and older daughter (19) and boyfriend have been offered jobs in Auckland. They work for Audi here, Kim is doing an apprenticeship to be a car mechanic and they have been really friendly and say she can continue her training over there. We are hoping to go next September, so that we have time to settle in before youngest (Harriet) will hopefully start at the Art College in Auckland in the January to do Fashion Design.

Good luck with your daughter and the baby. I am an Active Birth teacher, so if she needs any advise on birth and pregnancy or baby massage, drop me a line. Will she come after she has the baby?

Best wishes, Lindsay

chippy64 Oct 1st 2008 11:52 am

Hi Lindsay,

My husband is a carpenter. He has job offer in Christchurch, so hopefully heading off there! We need to be in NZ for 3 years before we can sponsor our daughter. It will be so hard to leave her. She will have lots of support and her partners family live a couple of streets away. He is out in Iraq at the moment, so not the easiest of times. I will let her know and if she has any queries, she can pm you.

Many thanks

Karen

lindsay loo Oct 2nd 2008 8:31 am

Hi Karen

Good luck with everything. At least your daughter has a good support network. Can I ask you an immigration question? I am just filling in the EOI online and it says that for each dependent child you need to fill in a form. Is this a separate form that you need to print off or is it all included in the online form?

Apart from double checking the whole thing, it is ready to go! Quite scary!! It took me so long to tell my Mum about our plans I hadnt really thought about this part too much!

Best wishes, Lindsay x

hippychic23 Oct 2nd 2008 9:04 am

hi Lindsay - I applied online for myself and hubby and 4 kids - it works out $100nzd cheaper than printing it all out and poosting it - if you add the kids names on - there is automatically included a questions page for them, so it is all in one place - and believe me, if i can do it - anyone can... good luck.
Karen:thumbsup:

lindsay loo Oct 2nd 2008 9:41 am

Originally Posted by hippychic23 (Post 6838183)
hi Lindsay - I applied online for myself and hubby and 4 kids - it works out $100nzd cheaper than printing it all out and poosting it - if you add the kids names on - there is automatically included a questions page for them, so it is all in one place - and believe me, if i can do it - anyone can... good luck.
Karen:thumbsup:

excellent, thats what I was hoping for. Many thanks, Lindsay