Immigration to New Zealand

Old Aug 7th 2008, 12:05 pm
Just Joined

EDDIEBOY123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Immigration to New Zealand

Hi guys, new to this site so forgive me if this has already been posted.

What are the possibilities of going to New Zealand, finding a job and then applying for my permanent visa when I'm there??? I know the different types of visas available and that people recommend that I find a job etc before I go but I was wondering if it was easier to do this. Does anyone have any experience of this or know someone who did this and if so is there any info/advice they could give me??

Just to let you know I'm 31, married with no kids, currently living in Scotland.

Thanks
Old Aug 8th 2008, 12:27 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Immigration to New Zealand

It's perfectly possible to do this. Boots on the ground is always better for the NZ employer as they will then know you can start soon as.

Don't be overt about using your visitors visa to come into NZ to find work. Plenty do it but it isn't strictly kosher.

Once you have the job offer, take yourself off to one of the NZIS branches to apply for your work permit. Depending on the length of the temporary work permit you may need your UK police check and to take medicals and xrays.

If you feel that NZ is for you and decide to stay, you may be able to go onto applying for Permanent Residency but that depends on your occupation, qualifications etc.
Old Aug 8th 2008, 12:32 am
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

Perfectly feasible, it's what I did! You just need to have onward travel arrangements in place before you leave the UK if your coming over as a visitor. Just also remember to bring everything with you for obtaining a work permit should you get an offer of employment. Medicals take just a day or two to get done and applications dependant on where in the country can take a week or two tops dependant on your employer and when your required to start.
Old Aug 9th 2008, 4:16 am
lionheart

howden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to all

We know of a number of people who have done this.

Best of luck

Pauline