Immigration Crisis

Old May 30th 2010, 3:06 am
Just Joined

jhanks is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by luvwelly
If you are no longer an item, wouldn't he be better off returning to UK where social security support is likely more generous, given his mental health issues? No one can deny him the right to live in the UK. Does he have a support network in UK at all? Also very important to good mental health.
We are still an item so want to be together but money and circumstance is preventing this at this point.

Originally Posted by dannigirl
Great advice Woodpigeon.

Probably a really silly question as I know that you are living apart...but is there any possibility of him obtaining a partner visa/civil union visa. I am not sure if there is even such a thing???

Anyways, wishing you both well, sounds rough for both of you. Hope it all gets sorted out.

Thanks, I'm not sure a civil union visa exists, but can do the family option, I think it is called.

Thanks to everyone on here who replyed, we have been chatting and we will make an appointment with IMZ and just present our case whatever the outcome may end up being, scary though as he may be deported and there goes "us". All your adivce has been amazing and thanks again.

Last edited by BEVS; May 30th 2010 at 5:56 am. Reason: merge
Old May 30th 2010, 9:59 am

Flower Pot is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Immigration Crisis

Aw sorry to hear about your situation, not a nice one to be in.

Some good advice given in the replies, hopefully can give you a starting point.

Just wanted to send my best wishes, it all works out for you guys and your partner overcomes his problems
Old May 30th 2010, 10:27 am
Just Joined

jhanks is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Immigration Crisis

Originally Posted by Flower Pot
Aw sorry to hear about your situation, not a nice one to be in.

Some good advice given in the replies, hopefully can give you a starting point.

Just wanted to send my best wishes, it all works out for you guys and your partner overcomes his problems
So kind of you. Thank you so much.
Old May 30th 2010, 10:57 pm
Forum Regular

Sarah1999 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Immigration Crisis

If he does get deported, you can always see if you qualify for the civil union (partnership) visa in the UK. Just idea if breaking up is not really an option should he be deported
Old Jun 27th 2010, 2:13 pm

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Immigration Crisis

NZIS recognises civil partnerships and de facto relationships as part of the family visa category. They just want proof of your relationship. No, not like that. I just mean joint mortgage or rent paperwork. Utility bills in both names, photo's - if available. Receipt of a joint purchase e.g. furniture. If you look it up on NZIS website there is information there. However, without a passport to put it in it's pretty much useless. Good luck getting his passport renewed. BTW, were you his main carer or next of kin for his hospital and other medical treatment ? Basically, if you consider it appropriate you could refer to that as part of your supporting documentation.