Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

immigration consultants have you heard of them

immigration consultants have you heard of them

Old Oct 30th 2007, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

sasha 1 is a jewel in the roughsasha 1 is a jewel in the roughsasha 1 is a jewel in the roughsasha 1 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: immigration consultants have you heard of them

Originally Posted by happynz
How sad, quoting myself.

Bird family,

I had thought about this and I think that perhaps I was a bit unpleasant in my post. However, people here have given you extremely good advice and yet you continue to write evasive answers.

Never mind. Do what you have to do and maybe your dreams will come true.
thanks wasnt sure about things thats why ive asked for so much advice. im not an airhead but ive had so many people tell me who to contact to help that i thought if i got in touch with the immigration consultants they can
tell us one way or another. I did do a points score on the immigration guide and it said we hadnt enough points and so i took it took someone experienced for proper advice. we were told today that we could go there but it would be high risk and there may be possible difficulties . so we dont look we are coming
Old Oct 30th 2007, 8:51 pm
Just Joined

welshstevey has a spectacular aura aboutwelshstevey has a spectacular aura aboutwelshstevey has a spectacular aura about

If you dont have the points why dont you try the Work To Residence approach?? I did it that way and it was pretty straight forward
Old Oct 30th 2007, 8:53 pm
Forum Regular

sasha 1 is a jewel in the roughsasha 1 is a jewel in the roughsasha 1 is a jewel in the roughsasha 1 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by PHONEJUNKY
You can fill all the forms in on line yourselves and save a fortune ( i did ) and will be emigrating with family in march, Dont wast money with these agents it is streight forward enough. go to

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/

Its all there, all you need just fill out forms and get your credit card out its easy.

Tony/Mandy
thank you for help we got result back from immigration consultants and they say we not got enough points and we would be high risk as my husband may time out before we get residency . hope you will be happy there.
Old Oct 30th 2007, 8:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by welshstevey
If you dont have the points why dont you try the Work To Residence approach?? I did it that way and it was pretty straight forward
they said it would be too risky as my husband may time out before we could get residency he is 49 now. thanks anyway
Old Oct 30th 2007, 8:57 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Originally Posted by bird family
they said it would be too risky as my husband may time out before we could get residency he is 49 now. thanks anyway
Risky in what way? I got PR when I was 49. The age thing is only a big deal if you're over fifty-five.
Old Oct 30th 2007, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by happynz
Risky in what way? I got PR when I was 49. The age thing is only a big deal if you're over fifty-five.
apparantly so i was told its because of his job as a crane driver they dont consider that to be an occupation that can secure his residency. apparantly only canada or australia on our points and my husbands job is a definate but not new zealand. they arnt in as high demand i was led to believe over nz.
but canada they are and we would have not trouble. perhaps you were ok because of the job you hold. thank you for your time
Old Oct 31st 2007, 7:32 am
Forum Regular

Angry Re: how nasty some people can be

I have been on british expacts for advice it may appear that i may not have been listening to what you have said but i asked about the immigration consultants because i had already done the free points test that was my first point of call. However when we came a little short of the points needed i sent our details to immigration consultants. I have taken on board all advice given although some of my replies have been hurtful and real nasty.
I wanted to make sure things were right before i upsticks and moved across the other side of the world. Apparantly i was led to believe that my husband a crane driver would be ok to work over nz. On more research i have found out that although we could just make it over with our points that unlike australia and canada crane driving /operating is not recongnized in NZ as a suitable occupation for residency also my husband being 49 now may time out before we could get residency properly and it would be such a high risk to attempt coming there. Yes i did have my heart set on it and thats why i asked so many questions so I could find out from experienced British expacts their views. However apart being called an airhead, implied im stupid i must say it has played on my mind all night and because i was told that the nz british expacts was a friendly lot that i could go to for advice it appears that i must have been misled. However i thank everyone for their input even if you have had a laugh at my expense. Seems a good job i did ask for more advice though. thank you
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 6:43 pm
Forum Regular

over50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really nice

Hi , we are new to this site and have done alot of research on the internet and alot of reading about immigrating to NZ. I can see where the Bird family were coming from after having read a few other postings on other sites concerning applying for residency,visa's etc where others have not filled forms in correctly and excessive time has passed before getting a decision to get the go ahead. However after this expansive research we feel that it will be cheaper to fill in the forms and refer to the immigration site should any queries occur, where at first we were considering a consultancy also. I think the key is to read and do thorough research if you are serious in your quest for immigration.
I know I have a skill/profession required and having done the assessment to see if we have enough points we are going to go ahead with the EOI after christmas. My only fear is my age as I am now heading for 54 rather quickly but still am agile and young enough and definetly qualified to do my job. Can anyone tell me if they were about this age when immigrated please?
Will let you know how we get on.
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 1:27 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Originally Posted by over50
I know I have a skill/profession required and having done the assessment to see if we have enough points we are going to go ahead with the EOI after Christmas. My only fear is my age as I am now heading for 54 rather quickly but still am agile and young enough and definitely qualified to do my job. Can anyone tell me if they were about this age when immigrated please?
Will let you know how we get on.
Yes, you can still get PR at your age. You have until your 56th birthday, basically. Even at age fifty-five it can be done if you have the education, work experience and for most skilled migrants, the job offer.

If you are keen to come here I suggest you bust a move right smart, mate. You ain't gettin' any younger.

Good luck with it all.
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 2:48 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Wot HappyNZ said.

Bung up a thread about yourselves and let's get started.