British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Immigration Consultant (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/immigration-consultant-576135/)

iain_moore Dec 1st 2008 8:32 am

Immigration Consultant

Hi,

This has probably been asked before. Has anyone used an Immigration consultant?

Can anyone recommend any based in the UK? I have heard that some offer a "no go - no fee" - is this correct?

Many thanks

Iain

teebrown Dec 1st 2008 9:09 am

Re: Immigration Consultant

Hi,

No we didn't use an agency, I (and I would like to say we, but it was all left to me) did all the paperwork and applied for visa's. I found it really straight forward, you can register on line and start to fill out the EOI and get a feel for what documents need to be gathered, you don't have to submit it until you are ready, just save it.

I found emailing our immigration case officer, was easy and he was really helpful and always answered back with the answer for things.

We are glad we did it this way, it saved us £3,000, yes you have to gather alot of paperwork, but you do anyway with or without an agency.

Good luck

getmethere Dec 1st 2008 5:12 pm

we didn't use one - process was really simple and easy to do yourself so I would recommend doing it yourself (unless you've got a complicated case).
all the info is on the NZIS site and they are helpful if you ring up or e-mail them - it takes a few days to get an answer sometimes, but they do respond.

up to you, but we thought the cost paying out for immigrating was pretty huge already - so decided not to add to it by paying someone else to do it for us.

Cheesehead Dec 1st 2008 6:52 pm

Absolutely agree with this. Not worth the money. The consultants make it sound really scientific and bewildering but it really isn't anything more than filling in a load of forms.
Save the £3k for some sightseeing when you get there - take the first month off!!

bolton1 Dec 12th 2008 4:27 pm

Hi - we are using a NZ based consultant if you PM me I will give you further detail

CarolineSwan Dec 12th 2008 6:49 pm

Hiya

We had to use a consultant purly down to the place my hubby got a job did everything through an agency, I.e it was the agent that was in the UK doing interviews and all the emailing back and forth went through him, We paid 1000 so wasnt that bad and saved us alot of work as our case officer was new and was being a jobsworth he ended up getting on to her manager and getting things pushed through for us fast. They also had someone waiting at airport for us and helped us with accomodation etc

though to be fair we still did all the paper work so would of preffered not to have paid the 1k but had to as couldnt go straight through company

best of luck but i would try it your self

caz