Which immigration category??

Old Jun 30th 2007, 11:26 am
Forum Regular

DTHarrop is just really niceDTHarrop is just really niceDTHarrop is just really niceDTHarrop is just really niceDTHarrop is just really niceDTHarrop is just really niceDTHarrop is just really niceDTHarrop is just really niceDTHarrop is just really niceDTHarrop is just really niceDTHarrop is just really nice
Default Which immigration category??

New to the site and welcome some immigration advice!!

We are unsure where we sit with immigration......as David is a HR manager..I am from a personnel background, although I have been made redundant so I have completed my first year of a psychology degree at the Open University.....qualifying for a certificate in social science which is recognized as a basic qualification awarding 50 points.........so in order to make around 140 - 145 points.....David would need to secure a job.....but HR is not on the skills shortage list. So we are unsure what category we sit in??????

Another problem is the 'catch 22' with the Visa / Job offer conundrum. as David has a good job here and we have two children aged 7 and 5, preferably we would prefer to secure a job offer before he hands in his notice.....but without a visa Companies have been a bit reluctant ........we have a few more applications with Companies in Northland - Whangarei and Hamilton area....so we shall see....but very frustrating

Any tips and advice would be very much appreciated.....by the way many thanks for your welcome in the introductions forum!!!!!! I was a bit worried I would have no replies....
Old Jun 30th 2007, 7:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

phil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Which immigration category??

Originally Posted by DTHarrop
New to the site and welcome some immigration advice!!

We are unsure where we sit with immigration......as David is a HR manager..I am from a personnel background, although I have been made redundant so I have completed my first year of a psychology degree at the Open University.....qualifying for a certificate in social science which is recognized as a basic qualification awarding 50 points.........so in order to make around 140 - 145 points.....David would need to secure a job.....but HR is not on the skills shortage list. So we are unsure what category we sit in??????

Another problem is the 'catch 22' with the Visa / Job offer conundrum. as David has a good job here and we have two children aged 7 and 5, preferably we would prefer to secure a job offer before he hands in his notice.....but without a visa Companies have been a bit reluctant ........we have a few more applications with Companies in Northland - Whangarei and Hamilton area....so we shall see....but very frustrating

Any tips and advice would be very much appreciated.....by the way many thanks for your welcome in the introductions forum!!!!!! I was a bit worried I would have no replies....
Hi,
firstly you can either go the skilled migrant route or the work to residence route...but both need a job offer. How many points do you have...if it's over 100 it's usually OK but without a job offer you could be in the pool for a long time.

We are in Northland in Whangarei and I work in HR, so if you want some more info from us you can email us at [email protected].

Debbie