Immigration Agent Query

Old Feb 14th 2007, 4:29 am
Just Joined

irishmalt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Immigration Agent Query

Hi Newbie here,
I have found a company called skillsnz.co.nz who advertise that they will assist with immigration formalities and find you a job. Has anyone come across them before?
Thanks Ian
Old Feb 15th 2007, 9:37 am
Account Closed

eileen35 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Immigration Agent Query

hi there,
i got an e-mail from them yesterday ,promising good deal etc if we go with them.
we had looked them up last year and the emmigration group too were recommended to us.
but we,ve decided to take the risk and sell up here and go as tourists and apply from there.
certainly going to be quicker and cheaper.
so havent hear any recommendations about them, sorry.
but as i said the emmigration group are supposed to be good,though as far as i know they dont find you a job.
what line work you in anyway?
eileen
Old Feb 15th 2007, 1:19 pm
Just Joined

Hi Eileen,
Thank you for your reply. I am in the freight & transport field and have been in it for the last 19 years in UK and overseas. I have also been through the Emmigration UK run and was charged for a report but they were very expensive to proceed further and I was a little skeptical of what they promised so hence I am looking at the work permit option which Skillsnz are sayingthey can do. When are you looking at moving out to NZ?
Cheers
Ian
Old Feb 15th 2007, 1:30 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by irishmalt View Post
Hi Eileen,
Thank you for your reply. I am in the freight & transport field and have been in it for the last 19 years in UK and overseas. I have also been through the Emmigration UK run and was charged for a report but they were very expensive to proceed further and I was a little skeptical of what they promised so hence I am looking at the work permit option which Skillsnz are sayingthey can do. When are you looking at moving out to NZ?
Cheers
Ian
hi ian,
we are hoping to go around september/october.
we hadnt really looked into skillsnz too much. by then we thought about just going for it and taking the risk.
when you planning on going?
and have you decided where abouts in n.z you fancy going?
to us that was the hardest decision,it all looks beautiful.
cheers
eileen
Old Feb 15th 2007, 1:38 pm
Just Joined

Hi Eileen,
I spent 2 months in Blenheim 4 years ago and it was great, but I think I need to be in either Auckland, Wellington or Christchurch as this would be where my work options would be best. I am still to decide on a date but should be within the next 6 months. What work are you look at doing?
Cheers
Ian
Old Feb 15th 2007, 1:49 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by irishmalt View Post
Hi Eileen,
I spent 2 months in Blenheim 4 years ago and it was great, but I think I need to be in either Auckland, Wellington or Christchurch as this would be where my work options would be best. I am still to decide on a date but should be within the next 6 months. What work are you look at doing?
Cheers
Ian
hi ian,
i dont work at moment, stay at home mum.even though they are all at school. lol
hubbys an external wall plasterer.
hes going to be looking for general labouring,or fibrous plastering jobs over there. seems to be quite lot construction work over there.
his employers have got him stripping roofs too ,so that will help boost his cv a bit too.
its chch area we are looking at ,that and rangoria.
we are thinking hiring camper van and having wee tour when we get there to see where work is and houses etc.
what you doing are you intending touring or hiring house.?
cheers
eileen