Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

immigrating 2 adults now kids later....can we?

immigrating 2 adults now kids later....can we?

Old Oct 13th 2010, 4:50 am
Just Joined

kenmc72 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default immigrating 2 adults now kids later....can we?

hey there guys
me and partner planning on immigrating to NZ early next year, i have NZ citizanship and currently applying for perm residancy for partner on back of that.... question is.... partner got 3 kids 18/16/14 who live during week with their 'ex' we have them on weekends /hols etc ...what the chances the kids can join us later and if so would that only be on holiday visa or can they get access to working visa or other visa later through us? hope that makes sense
thanks for any feedback....:
D
Old Oct 13th 2010, 12:14 pm
Forum Regular

thedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: immigrating 2 adults now kids later....can we?

Originally Posted by kenmc72
hey there guys
me and partner planning on immigrating to NZ early next year, i have NZ citizanship and currently applying for perm residancy for partner on back of that.... question is.... partner got 3 kids 18/16/14 who live during week with their 'ex' we have them on weekends /hols etc ...what the chances the kids can join us later and if so would that only be on holiday visa or can they get access to working visa or other visa later through us? hope that makes sense
thanks for any feedback....:
D
It's not quite a full answer as I don't know what permits they'd be entitled to get, but as part of the application your partner would be required to name relatives etc who could possibly be included in a future application... e.g. I chose to input the details of my Mum, Dad, Brother and Sister.

If I understood and am recalling it correctly, if the children are not named in this section of your partner's application they would not be considered on any other grounds than their own in the future, but if they are named on this section they can be considered off the back of your partner's/your status in the future.

I may have it wrong... someone else may be able to confirm?
Old Oct 14th 2010, 5:01 am
Just Joined

kenmc72 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: immigrating 2 adults now kids later....can we?

Originally Posted by thedtb
It's not quite a full answer as I don't know what permits they'd be entitled to get, but as part of the application your partner would be required to name relatives etc who could possibly be included in a future application... e.g. I chose to input the details of my Mum, Dad, Brother and Sister.

If I understood and am recalling it correctly, if the children are not named in this section of your partner's application they would not be considered on any other grounds than their own in the future, but if they are named on this section they can be considered off the back of your partner's/your status in the future.

I may have it wrong... someone else may be able to confirm?
thanks very much for your rely! that gives me some idea .... appreciate you taking the time to reply ...best wishes ken