The immi website is outdated!

Old Oct 26th 2009, 5:59 pm
We're HERE!!!

Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute
Default The immi website is outdated!

I was asking our resident advisor about a few things we'd read on the immigration website and she told me to look at the "last updated" date on the pages and they're quite old! She said sometimes the info isn't accurate as things have changed since then and it gets confusing for migrants. Are Kiwis that laid back they haven't updated the website in 3 years?
Old Oct 26th 2009, 8:52 pm
BE Site Lead & Admin

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The immi website is outdated!

Where are you looking Kija?

The operations manual is up to date . There are update circulars and the 'news' is updated regularly. The shortages lists are up to date also.

If a page is showing a 'last update' date , then that is when it was last needed to be updated. This would mean no change in that area of the policy, not that it was out of date.
Old Oct 26th 2009, 8:59 pm
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

Personally I haven't found this to be the case. The site appears to be updated regularly. Amendment circulars have been easy to find and on the home page is the latest news link.
Old Oct 26th 2009, 10:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kija View Post
I was asking our resident advisor about a few things we'd read on the immigration website and she told me to look at the "last updated" date on the pages and they're quite old! She said sometimes the info isn't accurate as things have changed since then and it gets confusing for migrants. Are Kiwis that laid back they haven't updated the website in 3 years?
No, she's probably trying to undermine your confidence in doing the process yourselves so you pay her instead .
Old Oct 27th 2009, 4:30 am
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by luvwelly View Post
No, she's probably trying to undermine your confidence in doing the process yourselves so you pay her instead .
Ditto the above.
The process is lengthy but easily do-able yourself.
Old Oct 27th 2009, 1:50 pm
We're HERE!!!

Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute

You're all probably right, I was leaning to doing it all ourselves but OH wanted an advisor. In retrospect we probably could have managed it on our own especially with all the help on this site

I don't think her fees are exorbitant (OH is handling those things) and she's very approachable and encouraging. The problem we would have faced is they don't give proper deadlines as it takes ages to get things sorted and sent and we already missed our NZQA deadline last time. They way things are done in Egypt is a lot different than the UK, one word to describe it is chaos

If we get there eventually it will all have been worth it. Short of selling my soul to the devil I'd do anything to be there
Old Oct 27th 2009, 1:51 pm
We're HERE!!!

Bevs you're in halloween mode I see!
Old Oct 27th 2009, 11:21 pm
BE Site Lead & Admin

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kija View Post
Bevs you're in halloween mode I see!
I am . Why aren't you ? Them pyramids need a spooky make-over.

For what it's worth , you are probably doing the best thing for you in using an agent , given you are in Egypt & don't have an NZIS house sitting nearby.

How will you get on for your police checks . Will they take forever?
Old Oct 28th 2009, 11:26 am
We're HERE!!!

Originally Posted by BEVS View Post
I am . Why aren't you ? Them pyramids need a spooky make-over.

For what it's worth , you are probably doing the best thing for you in using an agent , given you are in Egypt & don't have an NZIS house sitting nearby.

How will you get on for your police checks . Will they take forever?
Couldn't find any spooky pyramids pix and I'm not creative enough to do any myself

I'm dreading the police checks, everything will be in Arabic, but I'm thinking perhaps I could get them translated and certified at the local NZ embassy, though they charge exorbitant rates and are quite slow The lady there took forever to translate 5 itty bitty utility bills and a one page contract, could have done them myself in half an hour