immediate skills shortage list

Old Jan 3rd 2007, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

angpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud of
Default immediate skills shortage list

Hi my nameis Angie and I am desperate for advise on the above.We are a family (husband and 2 kids 1 and 8 ) desperately wanting to emigrate to nz.After research I have found that the only way available is the immediate skls shortage list (other half is class 1 trucker ) buteed some good advice from anyone whohas managed togain PR alog this route.Your help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Angie
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 8:08 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: immediate skills shortage list

Hi Angie

Don't panic!!! you've come to the right place

What do you need to know? What's your position?
Old Jan 4th 2007, 5:24 am
Forum Regular

angpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud ofangpaul has much to be proud of

my position is one of the only route available to us is the immediate skills shortage list as my OH is a truck driver.now what need to know how is it possible to get permanent residence.The information I haveis that we are to geta work permit for 2 years then we have toreturn back to the UK but seem to get conflicting stories.could youplease point me in the right direction.
thanks
angie
Old Jan 4th 2007, 8:48 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

You have several options open to you.

1. Go over on a fact finding trip and try to line up some interviews whilst you're there.

2. With a job offer, there's 2 paths open to you, a work visa that is normally valid for the length of time on your contract, but once you're over there, you can apply for Permanent Residency.

OR

Apply for your PR in the UK, takes longer but if you have a house to sell etc then time is normally on your side.

have you looked at the NZIS website?

www.immigration.govt.nz

There's a quick check calculator on there to see if you would qualify on points with/without a job offer.

Also if you do a NZ google search there's plenty of agenciess that can help with the job front.

Have you gone back thru some of the old threads on here? Use the time to trawl back and somewhere the answer is here!!!

Hope this helps a bit. Shout out if you get stuck, someone usually replies quite quickly round here.

Sarah
Old Jan 6th 2007, 6:13 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
You have several options open to you.

1. Go over on a fact finding trip and try to line up some interviews whilst you're there.

2. With a job offer, there's 2 paths open to you, a work visa that is normally valid for the length of time on your contract, but once you're over there, you can apply for Permanent Residency.

OR

Apply for your PR in the UK, takes longer but if you have a house to sell etc then time is normally on your side.

have you looked at the NZIS website?

www.immigration.govt.nz

There's a quick check calculator on there to see if you would qualify on points with/without a job offer.

Also if you do a NZ google search there's plenty of agenciess that can help with the job front.

Have you gone back thru some of the old threads on here? Use the time to trawl back and somewhere the answer is here!!!

Hope this helps a bit. Shout out if you get stuck, someone usually replies quite quickly round here.

Sarah
thanks for the advise.hope you dont mind but i need more.yes i have checked the NZIS but its not very clear on the issue.my OH job is nota skilled migrant but on immediate skills shortage.my understanding is that this is only a temparory measure of working in NZ.checked my points and yes i do need a job offer.sent a few emails to haulage firms in nz butno reply yet.just a fewmore things i need tiknow
1.if we went on work permit what are the prospects of getting PR
2.if OH is working may i look for work as well
these are just acouple queries gotloads more on my mind but will leave that for another time.
thanks
Angie
Old Jan 7th 2007, 10:05 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

A lot of people say that its easier and cheaper? to get PR from NZ. Once you've got a job, there's nothing to stop you from applying for you PR

You can go out on a work Visa too

What do you do?

Has your OH looked on www.seek.co.nz/transport ?

Last edited by P2L; Jan 7th 2007 at 10:09 pm.
Old Jan 7th 2007, 11:41 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Do bear in mind that most businesses are shut until January 8th. So their time back has only just started and they most likely have quite the backlog of e-mails.
Old Jan 16th 2007, 4:52 am
Forum Regular

beaudixon is a jewel in the roughbeaudixon is a jewel in the roughbeaudixon is a jewel in the roughbeaudixon is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by angpaul
thanks for the advise.hope you dont mind but i need more.yes i have checked the NZIS but its not very clear on the issue.my OH job is nota skilled migrant but on immediate skills shortage.my understanding is that this is only a temparory measure of working in NZ.checked my points and yes i do need a job offer.sent a few emails to haulage firms in nz butno reply yet.just a fewmore things i need tiknow
these are just acouple queries gotloads more on my mind but will leave that for another time.
thanks
Angie
Hi, we were in the same boat - trucking can only get you a 3yrs work visa max, extendable if trucking still on shortages list in 3yrs!
Or get a job with accredited employer and work to residency visa.
We've gambled and moved on 3yr work visa, loving it have no intention of going back to uk unless absolutely have to so have 3yrs to work sometime out! Truck industry is trying to get trucking moved to long term shortages so can get PR to solve this but not shure if wil happen - here's hoping!!! Judy
Old Jan 16th 2007, 7:13 am
Forum Regular

sunny side will become famous soon enough

Hi,

Do you get work permit (valid for 3 years) without a job offer - if your occupation is on the Shortage List?

Thanks

Mari
Old Jan 16th 2007, 4:08 pm
Forum Regular

beaudixon is a jewel in the roughbeaudixon is a jewel in the roughbeaudixon is a jewel in the roughbeaudixon is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by sunny side
Hi,

Do you get work permit (valid for 3 years) without a job offer - if your occupation is on the Shortage List?

Thanks

Mari
Hi Mari,
You apply for work visa once you have job offer, the visa becomes a permit once you enter NZ to start work.
On visa application you have to give details of employer and employer have forms to sign which you submit with medicals etc to get the visa.
The visa for the main applicant will be restrictive in that you can only work for that employer, if you want to change jobs once in NZ you wil need to apply for new visa. Any partner applying on same application will get open work visa and can work for anyone.
Hope that helps!
Judy
Old Feb 5th 2007, 6:35 pm
Cornish Lass

Marika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by beaudixon
Hi, we were in the same boat - trucking can only get you a 3yrs work visa max, extendable if trucking still on shortages list in 3yrs!
Or get a job with accredited employer and work to residency visa.
We've gambled and moved on 3yr work visa, loving it have no intention of going back to uk unless absolutely have to so have 3yrs to work sometime out! Truck industry is trying to get trucking moved to long term shortages so can get PR to solve this but not shure if wil happen - here's hoping!!! Judy
Hi there,
just wanted to give a quick reply to this one, first time I have done this, but it sounds like we are going to hopefully do the same as you, OH a trucker and we are trying to get job offer from an accredited employer to apply for works to residence visa. Since you have been there, have you found out any more about the likelihood of gaining residency. Many Thanks,
new member....Marika x
Old Feb 5th 2007, 6:42 pm
Cornish Lass

Marika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to behold
Smile Re: immediate skills shortage list

Originally Posted by angpaul
Hi my nameis Angie and I am desperate for advise on the above.We are a family (husband and 2 kids 1 and 8 ) desperately wanting to emigrate to nz.After research I have found that the only way available is the immediate skls shortage list (other half is class 1 trucker ) buteed some good advice from anyone whohas managed togain PR alog this route.Your help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Angie
Hi Angie, My name is Marika, my first time here, I am in same boat as you, you have asked some questions i was wondewring about too, so I shall watch for the replies. I'm finding it fascinating how many people are in the same situation as us. We have our house on Market and we are planning to visit in Easter for hubby to have some interviews, so still feeling like lots to be done. Hope to hear from you on your plans. Marika
Old Feb 5th 2007, 10:35 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Marika 38
Hi there,
just wanted to give a quick reply to this one, first time I have done this, but it sounds like we are going to hopefully do the same as you, OH a trucker and we are trying to get job offer from an accredited employer to apply for works to residence visa. Since you have been there, have you found out any more about the likelihood of gaining residency. Many Thanks,
new member....Marika x

Hi Marika

Not sure if your OH already knows about this site but might be useful for info or contacts

http://www.nzrta.co.nz/

HTH
Sarah
Old Feb 6th 2007, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Marika 38
Hi there,
new member....Marika x
Hi Marika.So far no joy what so ever .Sent Cv to loads of companies but very few replies.The ones that have the decency to reply are only interested once we arrive in NZ.Getting a bit down about it at the moment. Anyway please keepme updated on your progress.
Thanks
Angie
Old Feb 6th 2007, 7:47 pm

Beachcombers is an unknown quantity at this point

You can arrive here on a visitors permit and apply for jobs once you arrive. If you are from the UK, a visitors permit is valid for six months, more than enough time to get a job and apply for a 2yr work permit.

After 1 year, you can apply for PR, with the more time spent in NZ employment, contributing to your point score.

This option is great if you just want to "get up and go".

However it does have it's pitfalls.

Arriving on a visitors permit, you have to "look" like visitors. Arriving with 100kgs excess luggage, will certainly attract the attention of immigration, a possible grilling and flight straight back home.

There are no guarantees. It's a long way to come to get refused! But if you have a skills on the shortlist, it should be a no brainer.

If you do this route, make sure you bring any paperwork with you, that might be even slightly relevant. Trying to manage an application here, whilst having to request paperwork from the UK can be a complete nightmare.

Hope that it is food for thought.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.