British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   I'm so excited!!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/im-so-excited-634253/)

MnB Oct 6th 2009 1:45 pm

I'm so excited!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yKVAHyPZGc

The song says it all!!!
Just had a phone call from C/O and after directing him to some recent partnership evidence which he had missed he said 'everthing's ok, just got to add evidence stuff to file, pass application by manager and I should have approved in principle letter in a couple of weeks:thumbsup::thumbsup:(he said he would email as well due to postal probs....bless him!!)

OMG how quick was that!!! was told up to 4 mths ...its been 4 working days since I took lorry full of stuff to NZ House!! (think thats even quicker than yours Debby!!)

Big grin now!! Def Bolly tonight!!!
lol from one very happy kiwi spouse!
B x

Dewb09 Oct 6th 2009 3:35 pm

Re: I'm so excited!!!!

[QUOTE=MnB;7993810]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yKVAHyPZGc

The song says it all!!!
Just had a phone call from C/O and after directing him to some recent partnership evidence which he had missed he said 'everthing's ok, just got to add evidence stuff to file, pass application by manager and I should have approved in principle letter in a couple of weeks:thumbsup::thumbsup:(he said he would email as well due to postal probs....bless him!!)

OMG how quick was that!!! was told up to 4 mths ...its been 4 working days since I took lorry full of stuff to NZ House!!

WOOOOOO HOOOOOO Brilliant news! yep thats got to be a record,am so pleased for you :wub:

what else did you include in your application :sneaky: :rofl:

Will join you later for some Bolly

Love Dxx

Sarah1999 Oct 6th 2009 6:36 pm

Hi there

Congrats!

Do you know how long it took for them to process your payment?

We lodged our partnership permit via work permit last Wednesday and they haven't taken the credit card payment yet.

Thanks!

teebrown Oct 6th 2009 6:55 pm

Excellent news, you will soon be out here, well done, it is exciting.

Psychopandy Oct 6th 2009 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by MnB (Post 7993810)

The song says it all!!!

OMG how quick was that!!! was told up to 4 mths ...its been 4 working days since I took lorry full of stuff to NZ House!! (think thats even quicker than yours Debby!!)

Big grin now!! Def Bolly tonight!!!
lol from one very happy kiwi spouse!
B x

Well done B

Congratulations - so you may be on that plane with us eh :thumbsup:

So what job you got to do next? ( after opening the bolly and getting a bit trolleyed ):drinkwine:

MnB Oct 6th 2009 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by Sarah1999 (Post 7994647)
Hi there

Congrats!

Do you know how long it took for them to process your payment?

We lodged our partnership permit via work permit last Wednesday and they haven't taken the credit card payment yet.

Thanks!

Hi Sarah
paid by bank debit card at NZ house on 1st shown on statement as going out of a/c on 5th.

HTH...sure it wont be long for you, maybe its something to do with CC company?!

:fingerscrossed: hope you hear soon
B x

MnB Oct 6th 2009 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by Psychopandy (Post 7994785)
Well done B

Congratulations - so you may be on that plane with us eh :thumbsup:

So what job you got to do next? ( after opening the bolly and getting a bit trolleyed ):drinkwine:

:rofl::rofl:
Apart from having house re-wired, decorating throughout just got to get head around what to take & what to leave & pack! have Christmas with our kids ..... oh and book flights!!:thumbsup:

Doesn't look like we'll make BDO though:( flights for 18th are a bit cheaper! so will probably try for then....when do you fly??

B x

MnB Oct 6th 2009 9:04 pm

[QUOTE=Dewb09;7994158]

Originally Posted by MnB (Post 7993810)

The song says it all!!!

OMG how quick was that!!! was told up to 4 mths ...its been 4 working days since I took lorry full of stuff to NZ House!!

WOOOOOO HOOOOOO Brilliant news! yep thats got to be a record,am so pleased for you :wub:

what else did you include in your application :sneaky: :rofl:

Will join you later for some Bolly

Love Dxx

TBH think I only heard today cause C/O hadn't considered all the evidence....he did when I suggested (nicely!!) that if he read my inventory he might not require any further evidence!!

So big thankyou to you ....inventory paid off big time!!!

B x

Kija Oct 6th 2009 9:14 pm

[QUOTE=MnB;7995015]

Originally Posted by Dewb09 (Post 7994158)

TBH think I only heard today cause C/O hadn't considered all the evidence....he did when I suggested (nicely!!) that if he read my inventory he might not require any further evidence!!

So big thankyou to you ....inventory paid off big time!!!

B x

Congratulations!!! :thumbsup: It must be an amazing feeling to be so close to actually booking flights to go out there! Well done you!!! :thumbsup:

You mention an inventory? What's that? Clueless me I'm afraid :o

MnB Oct 6th 2009 9:33 pm

[QUOTE=Kija;7995046]

Originally Posted by MnB (Post 7995015)

Congratulations!!! :thumbsup: It must be an amazing feeling to be so close to actually booking flights to go out there! Well done you!!! :thumbsup:

You mention an inventory? What's that? Clueless me I'm afraid :o

After help from Debby (Dewb09) ...instead of a covering letter ( see tips for applicants) I listed all documents (forms inc medical & blood results ) then evidence 'personal' eg letters of support; evidence of relationship in date order....eg 2009 ..3x bank statements & copies; letter from solicitor & copy etc 2008 letter from estate agent & copy etc

TBH tho if you're using an agent they should sort this out for you :unsure:...I presume you are paying for their services!:sneaky:

HTH B x

Psychopandy Oct 7th 2009 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by MnB (Post 7994998)
Apart from having house re-wired, decorating throughout just got to get head around what to take & what to leave & pack! have Christmas with our kids ..... oh and book flights!!:thumbsup:

Doesn't look like we'll make BDO though:( flights for 18th are a bit cheaper! so will probably try for then....when do you fly??

B x

We are booked to fly in the evening of 5th January 2010 - ding dong :D

We have got to get the removal people back round to add the last stuff to the container - will have to manage over christmas without a microwave - dont know what im supposed to cook with then :confused:
On the flip side i have been 'allowed' to buy new pans and a new iron and ive got to get a new kettle - every cloud eh :)

(what does BDO mean?) :o

MnB Oct 7th 2009 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by Psychopandy (Post 7998011)
We are booked to fly in the evening of 5th January 2010 - ding dong :D

We have got to get the removal people back round to add the last stuff to the container - will have to manage over christmas without a microwave - dont know what im supposed to cook with then :confused:
On the flip side i have been 'allowed' to buy new pans and a new iron and ive got to get a new kettle - every cloud eh :)

(what does BDO mean?) :o

BDO = Big Day Out ....Muse plus other live bands playing in Auckland tickets on sale 9th October....was hoping we could make it but not sure yet!

We've had no kitchen for last 3 wks so have been relying on microwave! ;)great to have kitchen back since yesterday but now got to cook proper food!!:confused:

Are new things to take with you:D or for using while you ship your old ones!:blink:
B x

AngelaandJim Oct 7th 2009 10:37 pm

WOOOOOHOOOO That's excellent news B :thumbsup: hopefully your email comes just as quick

Oi you never told me about the bolly :sneaky:

Angela & Jim x

Persephone Oct 7th 2009 11:58 pm

Congratulations MnB:thumbup:
Not long to go now, enjoy your microwave meals!
Sue

Psychopandy Oct 8th 2009 7:14 am

Originally Posted by MnB (Post 7998266)
BDO = Big Day Out ....Muse plus other live bands playing in Auckland tickets on sale 9th October....was hoping we could make it but not sure yet!

We've had no kitchen for last 3 wks so have been relying on microwave! ;)great to have kitchen back since yesterday but now got to cook proper food!!:confused:

Are new things to take with you:D or for using while you ship your old ones!:blink:
B x

I'm shipping the new stuff so i should have the motivation to do stuff like housework when we get to the other side - in case i start to mistake it for a long holiday - OH doesnt want that!!

So..you are going to be cooking proper food eh... we may come round when the microwave has gone... you cant be that far away from us ... we both have a West in our address..:rofl:

I also spotted that you were keeping the Bolly to yourself - didnt like to spoil the party.... we will have time to share the bolly in another life :wub:

The last thing i did at work yesterday was send an email round to everyone letting them know that i was going. So today should be interesting. I made my best pal at work cry :( ..i told her to pull herself together there will be plenty of time for tears. :unsure:

Have a good day
Psycho x