Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

if NZIS found a problem with your medicals... when did they tell you?

if NZIS found a problem with your medicals... when did they tell you?

Old Jul 17th 2008, 6:21 pm
Cat (Mad) Sitter

Location: Anywhere and Everywhere, we're International House Sitters! :)
Water Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: if NZIS found a problem with your medicals... when did they tell you?

Actually, I remember now you said you had a job offer, so I guess that's how you know you've got a CO assigned . We don't have one (OH reluctant to look for a job from here, would rather go to interviews in person so he can gauge the company better - damn ), so that's why our application will take longer to process.

But I guess it doesn't bode well if even with a job offer it took them 2 weeks to let you know they had a problem with your medicals, goodness knows how long it may take them for us. Bummmeeeeerrrrr

Ah well. Good job we got some other good news today (unrelated to all this), we're treating ourselves to a curry and a glass of wine (or two)
Old Jul 17th 2008, 8:54 pm
Forum Regular

over50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really nice
Default Re: if NZIS found a problem with your medicals... when did they tell you?

Good on yer Water Lily hope you both enjoy the meal and vino.... we didnt realise before the tests that there could be something amiss, apart from my bmi being up... so all came as a suprise to us both... we got to sit and wait now for the MA to decide if we need further tests....or for their decision.Either way its a pain the rear cause I like you aint that good at playing the waiting game either and am getting twitched more as the days go past. Our CO has gone on holuday aswell this week but should be back on Monday so we may hear something next week, although she did say it could take up to 3 weeks to hear back..... dam dam and dam again.... I wish sometimes that the way they work in NZ was bit more like the way we work in the UK meaning a bit more speedy.....thats all...... just me getting impatient thats all... so no one please take any notice of what I have just said please.......
Just a case now of sitting back and waiting...waiting...waiting.....
Steve and Dee
Old Jul 18th 2008, 12:38 am
Somewhere

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chippy64 View Post
So sorry to be the bearer of news you don't want to hear! We also have that on our page (20th May). They then sent email 30th May requesting further medical details for our middle child. We sent letter from GP and last week got a letter and email saying they now want an orthopaedic review of his Osgood Schlatters (have googled it - it's growing pains!!!)
Growing pains ?! FFS. They're growing pains !! Very common and not at all sinister. I had these as a kid and as a teenager. Very painful at the time, but you do grow out of them. (no pun intended) I didn't grow very tall either for all the aches and pains at the time.

Have some karma for the nonsense of having growing pains double checked. Perhaps you should've kept shtum on that one. Hot Water Bottles and a soothing rub is all that's needed really. Hardly going to burden NZIS health care system is it. Nightmare.
Old Jul 19th 2008, 11:13 am
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Bev, we were thinking exactly the same, about wishing he hadn't mentioned it! But then we were worried that if they asked for more detailed look at any medical files, it would look like we were hiding something. But think, in this case, honesty may not be the best policy!!!