British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   if NZIS found a problem with your medicals... when did they tell you? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/if-nzis-found-problem-your-medicals-when-did-they-tell-you-546649/)

Water Lily Jul 3rd 2008 2:34 pm

if NZIS found a problem with your medicals... when did they tell you?

Hi all

Biting my nails to the core whilst waiting for something to happen and just had a thought.

Did NZIS have any problems with any of the results on your medicals, and if so how quickly did they tell you about it?

OH's results came back with 2 slightly high results. I printed out some information from the internet about what they related to and included that with the ITA. They were both pretty innocent conditions, basically one was related to his hay fever (for which June happens to be the worst month), and the other one to his Gilbert's syndrome (a harmless condition, not a disease) and which just means his bilirubin levels are high. He declared both conditions on the medical form and they were dismissed by the doctor as of no relevance.

Still, I'm dreading they will not be satisfied with the information we added to the ITA and will ask for a more in-depth investigation, which would delay the process. :(

I have checked our status and whilst the application was logged on 25th June there's a separate date for when the medicals were logged and that's on 27th June. Does that mean they have looked at them, and are happy with them? Or does it just mean they have landed on the desk of whoever looks at them?!? :confused:

Considering the medicals are only valid for 3 months, I'm guessing (or hoping) that if they had a problem with them they would tell you straight away so you would have time to sort out any issues as soon as possible?

Or do they just look at them at the same time as the rest of your application?

Sorry about the rant! :blink: Can you tell I'm excited and worried and nervous and excited and..... this is killing me!!! :D

howden40 Jul 4th 2008 4:11 am

Re: if NZIS found a problem with your medicals... when did they tell you?

If Immigration is unsure of anything they send it to their Consulatant in NZ this usually take 4 - 7 days (return). Depending on who your case officer is they may not work too quickly. Tony rang when we hadn't heard anything to find our son's cholesterol level needed retesting, she had made no effort to contact us. But she did ring when Tony's x-ray needed to be sent to NZ we had that back within 4 days, she rang and said everything was ok. Our officer was good, once we contacted her on the first occasion (found out about son) she rang as soon as she noticed anything so we could deal with it promptly. Sometimes I think you just have to let them know your their,

Pauline

Rock Ape Jul 4th 2008 7:36 am

Out of interest do they also go back into your medical records to check your history?

nena11 Jul 4th 2008 9:25 am

Hi Water Lily,

And out of curiosity, where did you check the date for you medicals being lodge? I keep checking my application status and no dates have been added so I may be looking on the wrong side or your process must be a bit further than mine :cool:

I am in a similar situation as my liver results came a bit higher than normal, this was due to having gallstones, which have now gone for good :thumbup:, however I was advised by the panel doctor to add a letter from my surgeon stating that they were on their way out and should not be a problem, which I did... but as you can imagine this is something still is in the back of my head, so if I hear anything on my side I will let you know

Sorry I can't be of much help

Good luck :D

Water Lily Jul 4th 2008 9:52 am

Thanks Pauline, I guess we'll just have to wait and see. We haven't been allocated a CO yet, at least as far as we know. When did you find out you had been allocated one? Did they write/email to tell you?

Rock Ape, no idea if they request your full medical history. But surely they wouldn't just request it without letting you know first? Surely that's confidential information that can't be disclosed without your permission?!? In any case, I only remember writing down my GP's details on the clinic's form, but nowhere in the ITA, so how would they know who to contact? You've got me worried now! :blink:

Nena, if you log in to see your status, look out for a link that reads "Find Out More..." underneath "date lodged" on the right hand side of the page. That's where I found the extra info. Glad to hear you're feeling better after your op. Got your PM, let's try and meet up as soon as you feel up to it! :)

teebrown Jul 4th 2008 11:08 am

I too had a seperate date received for my medical, and OH also had 2 slightly above results, but they didn't come back to us to ask for anything more and as you know we got an email yesterday confirming PR.

Hang in there, you will be soon.

Water Lily Jul 7th 2008 1:12 pm

Thanks teebrown, 2 weeks since we sent our ITA, no news yet but of course we're not lucky enough to have a job offer so they won't be in a hurry to look at our application.

OH said he'd start looking for jobs in July, he had a look at the weekend but has decided he doesn't want phone interviews, he wants to wait until we're there as he says he'll get a better "feel" for the company in person. I know he's right, but I also told him he could always leave if he didn't like it, but he says that wouldn't look good on his CV.

I don't want to push him, we're going on his application so it's his decision really, but I'd love to go with a guaranteed job, as I'm getting rather nervous after reading some not-so-positive threads about the country heading for economical recession, and people finding it hard to find work. I know it's a universal problem at the moment but at least here his job's safe for now!

Maybe I just have the Monday blues.... :(

over50 Jul 7th 2008 5:18 pm

Keep your chin up Water Lily, we haven't heard anything yet either and submitted ours the same time as yourselves. You have to remember that unlike the UK the NZ way of working is much slower than ours and appears to be a more laid back approach aswell. Here in the UK we expect things to move swiftly and expect answers and replies almost instantly. Be patient and I am sure we will all hear eventually.:)
Steve and Dee :thumbup:

nena11 Jul 7th 2008 5:42 pm

Hi Water Lily,

I did not have any dates on my applications until today, so I guess your process is ahead of hours, now that the dates are there I also noticed that I have 2 separate dates on my medicals and application (1st and 7th of July)

I guess we just have to wait, at least someone has opened the big envelope so you should hear something back from them soon, I know is hard but we just have to be patient

Take care

Water Lily Jul 10th 2008 9:25 pm

Gosh nena, you only sent in your application 2 days after us, and see what a difference those two days have made in having them lodged!

Still, that doesn't necessarily mean ours will be processed quicker than yours, if you have more points you might still jump ahead. Plus with our luck, we've probably been assigned an officer that went on an extended holiday the day after! :D

Really hope not, 2 weeks and 3 days, the suspense is killing me, I just want to know that they're not going to query anything on the medicals! If I knew it's just a question of waiting to get a date for the interview I'd sleep much better :lol:

Steve and Dee, patient? Me? You don't know what you're asking :D ;)

It's not so much that I "expect" things to happen quickly... I just got my hopes up because we met up with alchris in June, they only have 10 points more than us, and got an email asking for an interview date only about 12 days after sending in their ITA. Also, I know there's a couple of other people in more or less the same situation who also heard very quickly, so I was kind of hoping that meant they had got rid of their backlog and applications were being dealt with quickly.... serves me right for getting excited too soon! :D

Ah well. Guess we're all in the same boat. It does offer some consolation ;)

Water Lily Jul 17th 2008 3:36 pm

Well, this is hopeful....

I read somewhere today that if your status reads "Full Medical" and Status "Received" and a date, it means they've looked at it and are happy with everything.

Can someone confirm this? Pretty please? :)

It would help me sleep better as I keep worrying they're going to query OH's blood test results or my family history!!!!!!! :D

24 days and counting.... :blink: ;)

chippy64 Jul 17th 2008 4:16 pm

So sorry to be the bearer of news you don't want to hear! We also have that on our page (20th May). They then sent email 30th May requesting further medical details for our middle child. We sent letter from GP and last week got a letter and email saying they now want an orthopaedic review of his Osgood Schlatters (have googled it - it's growing pains!!!) and an allergist review of his asthma. Letter also said they wanted everything back by 30th July (giving us around 2 weeks!) and that if we didn't, they would make a decision, based on the details they already have. Doesn't sound wonderful!
Still good news is that you haven't heard anything like that. My OH has job offer but medical queries seem to be slowing everything down.

over50 Jul 17th 2008 5:03 pm

We have theme on ours too Water Lily and we heard friday that a couple of tests needed repeating, our medicals have been sent to the NZ Medical Assessor so we are waiting to hear :confused:. Hang fire you will hear something soon, if not why not give them a ring or send an e.mail if you have a case officer assigned. If they are based in London they appear to be very helpful.
Fingers crossed for you all waiting to hear like our selves
Steve and Dee.:thumbup:

Water Lily Jul 17th 2008 5:04 pm

Hi chippy, many thanks for your reply and really sorry to hear you're going through all that hassle! Main thing though is that what you son's got doesn't sound serious and it will eventually go away. But I guess they want confirmation that it is indeed just growing pains and nothing more serious.

In our case, we did send some additional information (together with the ITA) that explained what the slightly raised levels were connected to (both of them pretty harmless), in the hope that it would answer any questions before they needed to be asked!

I guess the fact that they told you after 10 days that they had a problem with the medicals is encouraging, it's been 3 weeks since our medical was marked as received and we are hoping they would've contacted us by now if they had issues with ours too.

Then again, if you have a job offer it could well be that this is why they contacted you so quickly so I'm back to square one :blink:

Ah well. Really trying to keep myself occupied so I'm not constantly thinking about it, but it's not working!! Knowing we could be there in a matter of weeks if they accepted us (no house to sell, only us 2 to worry about, and minimal possessions to take care of), it's just them keeping us here really :D

Best of luck with your application, really hope you can give them the answers they are waiting for and that you receive some very good news very soon :thumbup:

Water Lily Jul 17th 2008 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by over50 (Post 6581789)
We have theme on ours too Water Lily and we heard friday that a couple of tests needed repeating, our medicals have been sent to the NZ Medical Assessor so we are waiting to hear :confused:. Hang fire you will hear something soon, if not why not give them a ring or send an e.mail if you have a case officer assigned. If they are based in London they appear to be very helpful.
Fingers crossed for you all waiting to hear like our selves
Steve and Dee.:thumbup:

Oh no! Hope it's nothing serious or cause for concern? If you don't mind me asking, did it come as a surprise that they queried it, or were you more or less expecting it? Hope all goes well for you.

I don't know if we have an officer assigned, how did you find out? I donĀ“t particularly want to call them as I don't want to sound pushy and most importantly I don't want to bring attention to something they might well be happy enough with! ;)

Anyway, best of luck guys, do keep us posted, even if all we can offer is some moral support, I find it helps! :)