Ielts question?

Old Dec 22nd 2011, 9:58 pm
Forum Regular

BenP is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ielts question?

Do we need to prove this if we are both English and English is our first language?
Old Dec 23rd 2011, 1:02 am
BE Enthusiast

nero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ielts question?

Originally Posted by BenP View Post
Do we need to prove this if we are both English and English is our first language?
IELTS normally is asked for in relation to a specific occupation requirement for example all UK nurses are expected to pass the IELTS in order to obtain their NZ Nursing registration.

Why have you been asked this question? What does it relate to?

Cheers
Old Dec 23rd 2011, 9:34 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Generally not unless as Nero says you need it for registration [which only applies to nurses as far as I know]
On the EOI all I did was write a short paragraph about how I was born in the UK to UK born parents, English was my first language and all my education up to degree level was in English. From memory you tick the box saying 'meet the minimum requirements' and it brings up a box allowing you to write this.

Had a difficult day so forgive me for not checking properly for you
Old Dec 23rd 2011, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

BenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
Generally not unless as Nero says you need it for registration [which only applies to nurses as far as I know]
On the EOI all I did was write a short paragraph about how I was born in the UK to UK born parents, English was my first language and all my education up to degree level was in English. From memory you tick the box saying 'meet the minimum requirements' and it brings up a box allowing you to write this.

Had a difficult day so forgive me for not checking properly for you
That's excellent as pretty much word for word what I have wrote on the form.