IELTS needed ?

Old Aug 4th 2013, 2:04 pm
Just Joined

UsmanGh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IELTS needed ?

Hi,

If i have job offer then still i need to sit in IELTS exam?

Regards
Usman
Old Aug 4th 2013, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

kiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to beholdkiwi wanna be is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: IELTS needed ?

http://www.dol.govt.nz/immigration/k...base/item/1008

link to the government site with advice regarding IELTS and visa's

Hope it helps
Old Aug 5th 2013, 3:19 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

For the principal applicant (the person making the application) the minimum standard of English is an International English Language Testing Systems (IELTS) certificate, with an overall band score of 6.5 or better in the General or Academic modules. The certificate must be less than two years old.

However, you may not have to take the IELTS test, if you can show us that you:
have a recognised qualification from a course taught entirely in English
have ongoing skilled employment in New Zealand, and have been in the job for at least the last 12 months
have other evidence that you are competent in English - we will consider the evidence that you provide.
If you were born in the UK or an English speaking country then you will not have to sit IELTS. Though NZIS do reserve the right to request one.
From the above, it seems that a job offer is not sufficient.

Is this for an application under the SMC?
Old Aug 11th 2013, 8:48 am
Forum Regular

Engel is just really niceEngel is just really niceEngel is just really niceEngel is just really niceEngel is just really niceEngel is just really niceEngel is just really niceEngel is just really nice

Immigration told me to sellect Other on the form and just provide supporting evidence like, GCSE English, my qualifications work experience in the UK, etc.
Old Aug 12th 2013, 8:18 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Engel
Immigration told me to sellect Other on the form and just provide supporting evidence like, GCSE English, my qualifications work experience in the UK, etc.
It's not clear where the OP is currently living or was born, we get a lot of posters from the Indian subcontinent and the Middle East.
You are correct if the OP was born in the UK or had qualifications that were taught entirely in English.