British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Idea of time scales? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/idea-time-scales-528095/)

Sqidworth Apr 9th 2008 5:59 pm

Idea of time scales?

We got selected today from the pool today and was just wondering how long it can take and what to expect next.....

I have been researching on the immigration website for some time but cant find anything to say what happens next.

Any help????

Cheers

Squid

happynz Apr 9th 2008 6:21 pm

Re: Idea of time scales?

First, congratulations on getting selected. What happens next is that NZIS will do a quick check on your EOI to see if you're 'skilled' and 'qualified' according to New Zealand's need. Then you should get an Invitation to Apply (ITA). That big ol' fat plastic envelope may be there at your house next week or it may land with a thump on your doorstep six months from now. From all accounts it is a bit of a crap-shoot. I've read of people waiting for months and others who got the ITA relatively soon after EOI selection.

Sorry, it looks like you're in the ol' waiting room so to speak. I know you'd want concrete information and some sort of fixed deadline, but unfortunately it looks like the time scale trend is saying, 'Put the kettle on, you may be in for a bit of a wait and we're not saying how long.'

Good luck.

Sqidworth Apr 9th 2008 7:10 pm

Thanks for the reply..

the kettle is on.

Squidy

Persephone Apr 10th 2008 8:45 pm

Hi there,
congratulations on being selected :thumbup:

The timescale depends on whether you have a job offer or not. I've been waiting 4 months now and no hint of an ITA yet but then no job offer either

The NZIS website says it should take up to 3m from selection to ITA without an offer and I have been into NZ House only to be told that there is a big backlog :mad:

You can find the details on the website by going into the contact us section and clicking on London. This then brings up some tips on filling in your ITA and EOI and also the likely timescales [which should be taken with a large pinch of salt!]

Good luck with it all, hope that kettle is ready for some hard work!

Sue :D

Sqidworth Apr 11th 2008 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by Sue R (Post 6190285)
Hi there,
congratulations on being selected :thumbup:

The timescale depends on whether you have a job offer or not. I've been waiting 4 months now and no hint of an ITA yet but then no job offer either

The NZIS website says it should take up to 3m from selection to ITA without an offer and I have been into NZ House only to be told that there is a big backlog :mad:

You can find the details on the website by going into the contact us section and clicking on London. This then brings up some tips on filling in your ITA and EOI and also the likely timescales [which should be taken with a large pinch of salt!]

Good luck with it all, hope that kettle is ready for some hard work!

Sue :D

4 months and still waiting....... think i'll have to go shopping for some more tea bags!!

Well it will be worth the wait.

Good luck to you too.

Squidy.