A.I.P. today!!

Old Aug 21st 2010, 7:49 am
Forum Regular

Lynne sinclair has a brilliant futureLynne sinclair has a brilliant futureLynne sinclair has a brilliant futureLynne sinclair has a brilliant futureLynne sinclair has a brilliant futureLynne sinclair has a brilliant futureLynne sinclair has a brilliant future
Default A.I.P. today!!

Got A.I.P. today, all happened very quickly, submitted our residency application - family, partnership ( married to a kiwi) category 10 Aug 2010 and A.I.P. on 20 Aug 2010. Now have to pay £435 migrant levy, although find this odd as apparently I'm not a migrant as I've lived in N.Z. and holidayed there frequently over the years, but this levy will help us "settle in"??? Will have to investigate this point a bit further, then its book the flights time...!!
Old Aug 21st 2010, 9:34 am
Forum Regular

Lee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud of
Default Re: A.I.P. today!!

Congratulations Lynne, really pleased for you

We have got to book our flights too, I keep putting it off. I'm excited but nervous and booking flights makes it all a bit too real

Good luck with it all
Old Aug 21st 2010, 4:00 pm
Forum Regular

BevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Lynne sinclair
Got A.I.P. today, all happened very quickly, submitted our residency application - family, partnership ( married to a kiwi) category 10 Aug 2010 and A.I.P. on 20 Aug 2010. Now have to pay £435 migrant levy, although find this odd as apparently I'm not a migrant as I've lived in N.Z. and holidayed there frequently over the years, but this levy will help us "settle in"??? Will have to investigate this point a bit further, then its book the flights time...!!
WOW Lynne, thats fantastic, congratulations. I too submitted my application on the 10 Aug 2010, same category too (partner is Kiwi), but due to having raised LFTs-found out I have gallstones from a scan (having gallbladder out on Tuesday), they've asked for repeat bloods two weeks after the surgery to check they are back to normal . Whereabouts in NZ will you be living? Bev
Old Aug 21st 2010, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

Lynne sinclair has a brilliant futureLynne sinclair has a brilliant futureLynne sinclair has a brilliant futureLynne sinclair has a brilliant futureLynne sinclair has a brilliant futureLynne sinclair has a brilliant futureLynne sinclair has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by BevK
WOW Lynne, thats fantastic, congratulations. I too submitted my application on the 10 Aug 2010, same category too (partner is Kiwi), but due to having raised LFTs-found out I have gallstones from a scan (having gallbladder out on Tuesday), they've asked for repeat bloods two weeks after the surgery to check they are back to normal . Whereabouts in NZ will you be living? Bev
Hi Bev,
Hope your surgery goes well, then your lft's will be fine and youre good to go! We will be in CHCH near family, where are you planning to settle? We will book our flights when our passports come back, hopefully travel mid Oct!
Old Aug 21st 2010, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

BevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to all

Hi Bev,
Hope your surgery goes well, then your lft's will be fine and youre good to go! We will be in CHCH near family, where are you planning to settle? We will book our flights when our passports come back, hopefully travel mid Oct!
Thanks Lynne!! Partner's from Auckland, so hoping to settle there. Fantastic that you're coming out of summer (kind of) and going straight back into another one. Lucky you!! Which removal company are you using to send your belongings? Keep us updated with whats happening
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 1:28 am
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BevK
Thanks Lynne!! Partner's from Auckland, so hoping to settle there. Fantastic that you're coming out of summer (kind of) and going straight back into another one. Lucky you!! Which removal company are you using to send your belongings? Keep us updated with whats happening
We used Anglo Pacific, they came last thursday, a team of five guys, it took them from 10am-8.30pm and we thought we had a "modest" amount of stuff! We are sharing a container and have approx 550 cubic feet. We got quotes from other companies prior to shipping but were happiest with Anglo, will update that point on delivery of our stuff at the other end. We lived in Auckland 11yrs ago and stayed in Colonial Road, Birkenhead on the north shore, its really nice there and the beaches are great, also Takapuna and Devonport are lovely places tho v pricey to live in! Keep in touch!
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 9:25 am
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Great news have pm'd you before I read this thread!

Dewb
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 9:05 am
Near the outer fringe

JohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond repute

We used Anglo Pacific, they came last thursday, a team of five guys, it took them from 10am-8.30pm and we thought we had a "modest" amount of stuff! We are sharing a container and have approx 550 cubic feet.
We've been estimated at 600 cubic feet by PSS. They're busy packing the stuff up right now.

Only two guys though! They started at 9am - I think they're planning to finish today, but now you've got me wondering.
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by WhingingPom
We've been estimated at 600 cubic feet by PSS. They're busy packing the stuff up right now.

Only two guys though! They started at 9am - I think they're planning to finish today, but now you've got me wondering.
Be interested to hear theyre finishing time, hope it all goes well! In the end we were close on 600 so similar amount!
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 6:08 pm
Near the outer fringe

JohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond repute

Be interested to hear theyre finishing time, hope it all goes well! In the end we were close on 600 so similar amount!
They were all wrapped up and loaded by about 16:30.

They worked very hard though. I've never seen a sofa go through a door, round a corner, through a second door, across a front yard and into the back of a van in one fluid move before. It would have taken me a half an hour just for the one item. They even took the pedals off our bicycles for us.

Everything seemed to be wrapped and packed pretty well. No evidence of skimping. 87 items/boxes/packages in total.
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 6:14 pm
Near the outer fringe

Of course only a few big items. Most of them were boxes of shoes for the missus
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by WhingingPom
Of course only a few big items. Most of them were boxes of shoes for the missus
Wow thats pretty good going, who were youre movers for future ref?
When are you heading off and whereabouts are you heading? Were just looking at flights atm, planning to leave mid Oct for CHCH.
Old Aug 24th 2010, 11:26 am
Near the outer fringe

PSS.

We're not actually flying till the 15th September and we're going to Wellington.

I nearly (but not quite) got a job in Christchurch, but my OH has now nearly (and almost certainly) got a job in Porirua near Wellington.

WP
Old Sep 1st 2010, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

UPDATE - Today we got our visa's & passports back from Immigration. Cannot believe how speedy the process was, I'd heard that family residency applications were prioritised but still.....22 days all done, amazing!!!! We have provisionally booked flights on Mon 11 Oct leaving Glasgow, LHR, LA for 4 days , Fri 15th to CHCH via Auck, actually arrive in CHCH Sun 17th Oct with time diff etc. Not looking forward to the goodbyes, I'm emotional at the best of times, gotta get throught it!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.