Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

I need a little info before in contact NZ immigration.

I need a little info before in contact NZ immigration.

Old Sep 28th 2008, 7:58 pm
slime

simon-nall is just really nicesimon-nall is just really nicesimon-nall is just really nicesimon-nall is just really nicesimon-nall is just really nicesimon-nall is just really nicesimon-nall is just really nicesimon-nall is just really nicesimon-nall is just really nice
Default I need a little info before in contact NZ immigration.

Hi all

At present I have my visa all sorted but having problems selling the house due to this credit crunch. All the assets are also tied up in the house and feeling a little stuffed due to the U.S.A banking fiasco.
I only have four mouths on left on my visa dose any one think I try and ask for an extension on the visa now? Or will they say NO and I will have to start the process again.
If it gets to that stage how easy is it to achieve the visa again, as I am now 49 and not getting any younger.
1. Do I have to start from stage 1 (EOI)?
2 will they start me from my visa application
3 will it be harder to get through
4 any other helpful hints will be most grateful

Just to thank to all who send comments
Old Sep 29th 2008, 7:51 am
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I need a little info before in contact NZ immigration.

I know some people have flown to NZ for a quick holiday just to validate their visas,is this an option? Other than that cannot help. I am in the same boat having to sell a house but have only just received PR so have a bit longer to go.

Phyllis
Old Sep 30th 2008, 11:02 am
Forum Regular

lindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nicelindsay loo is just really nice

Hi We are in a similar position trying to sell the house, etc. We have not got PR yet, just in the process of applying, so not sure what the best thing is for you to do. Just to say hubbie who is principle applicant is 50 this Nov so trying also to get everything sorted soon. Do you have a job offer, etc. We are in Shirley, Solihull also. Best wishes, Lindsay & Dennis
Old Sep 30th 2008, 5:54 pm
slime

simon-nall is just really nicesimon-nall is just really nicesimon-nall is just really nicesimon-nall is just really nicesimon-nall is just really nicesimon-nall is just really nicesimon-nall is just really nicesimon-nall is just really nicesimon-nall is just really nice

Originally Posted by lindsay loo
Hi We are in a similar position trying to sell the house, etc. We have not got PR yet, just in the process of applying, so not sure what the best thing is for you to do. Just to say hubbie who is principle applicant is 50 this Nov so trying also to get everything sorted soon. Do you have a job offer, etc. We are in Shirley, Solihull also. Best wishes, Lindsay & Dennis
hi lindsay loo
yes i have an open ended job of sorts. No real set time for the job to be taken up all we need to do is sell this millstone. I had my passport stamped march this year so we have everthing sorted just 12 mth to get to nz and then a nother 5 years for Citizenship. we live not too far from you then. solihull lodge hows that for a small world well all the best selling your house and the rest of the hoops you have to jump through simon & dawn
Old Sep 30th 2008, 6:32 pm
Account Closed

Yotty is an unknown quantity at this point

Excellent news, I thought I had it cracked .. job offer and had a visa .. then due to the credit crunch my job offer was pulled
Old Sep 30th 2008, 7:54 pm
slime

Originally Posted by Yotty
Excellent news, I thought I had it cracked .. job offer and had a visa .. then due to the credit crunch my job offer was pulled
Bummer
Well I’ve been emailing the possible new boss and trying to keep him up to speed. Had nothing back yet so I hope all is well on the job front.
As I going as a gas fitter/ electrician I just hope and pray his business is doing boomingly well a bit selfish I know so I will just keep no praying. Thanks for the comment
Ps have you told NZ immigration yet if so how did you get on ?