British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   I may be being impatient... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/i-may-being-impatient-506200/)

Persephone Jan 14th 2008 7:42 pm

I may be being impatient...

Hi there,

Had my EOI selected on the 5th December and received a letter last week from NZ dated 11th Dec saying I would next be contacted when I'd been allocated a case officer. Just wondering how long it usually takes to be appointed one...I know, it's not may be being impatient, it should be am!! Or could they have lost my EOI - now paranoia setting in! :D

Sue

happynz Jan 14th 2008 7:47 pm

Re: I may be being impatient...

It's paranoia. ;)

Just remember, it's a bureaucratic matter to them while it is intensely personal to you. I have a matter now that is being processed by the New Zealand government and they are taking their own sweet time. It sucks, but that's the nature of the beast.

P2L Jan 14th 2008 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by Sue R (Post 5787122)
Hi there,

Had my EOI selected on the 5th December and received a letter last week from NZ dated 11th Dec saying I would next be contacted when I'd been allocated a case officer. Just wondering how long it usually takes to be appointed one...I know, it's not may be being impatient, it should be am!! Or could they have lost my EOI - now paranoia setting in! :D

Sue

Sue
Do you have a job offer? If no, then those that do will take priority.;)

Persephone Jan 14th 2008 8:08 pm

No job offer so knew I'd be at the back of the queue and getting ITA will be months.
Just wondering about how long this bit could take. Well all things come to those that wait or so they say! :unsure:
Anyone got a cure for impatience??:rofl: [apart from get out there and find a job!]

Sue:)

littleal Jan 14th 2008 8:47 pm

Hi Sue

We were ITA'd about November and we have a job offer, and we still don't have a case officer. I think it's par for the course with the Christmas break etc. Don't despair.

Alison

Persephone Jan 14th 2008 9:21 pm

Thanks all,

So not to worry about the existence or not of a case officer for a while, if at all then Alison!
Just having one of those days where everything seems to be going wrong and this was just one more thing just nagging away at me. I'm thinking about things far too much at the moment, I'm either at work, on the internet, thinking or reading about immigration or often all at once! Or so it seems anyway!
Mmmmm maybe time to go and get me a nice big glass of red wine I think...., forget New Zealand exists for the evening and just RELAX!:D

zummerzet_lou Jan 15th 2008 7:34 am

With no job, here in the UK it took over 3 month from our EOI being selected, till we got our ITA pack, and that was with 140 points.

I know what you mean about being impatient .. I was and still am incredibly! We submitted our ITA pack 26th Nov and now sitting for the estimated 3 months until we get allocated our case officer, and then we have between 1-3 months after that until the final decision is made. Any wonder I'm getting greyer?

All the best,
Lou

littleal Jan 15th 2008 7:37 am

I know what you mean about grey hairs. I'm just dying to get on with my new life, and if this hair gets to see some sun, I can convince myself the grey hairs are highlights :rofl::rofl:

Alison

Heal Jan 15th 2008 9:22 pm

ITA sent with 125 points and no job offer 30 August and still waiting.We've been told without a job offer we may be waiting 7 months from send our ITA,that could take us to March and we had planned to go in April.
All we can do is wait and stay positive.