British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   I have 2 years bachelor degree (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/i-have-2-years-bachelor-degree-766754/)

shabnam17 Jul 31st 2012 4:57 am

I have 2 years bachelor degree

I have 2 years bachelor degree and 2 years Masters degree in computer science with work experience in same field also lies in skill shortage list.Problem is this during qualification assessment they are not able to recognise 2 years bachelor degree and I am worry about it.Do anybody knows the process what to do?I am from Pakistan.Any suggestion ?:confused:

MrsFychan Jul 31st 2012 7:11 am

Re: I have 2 years bachelor degree

have you filled the EOI online and seen what points you get?

shabnam17 Jul 31st 2012 8:45 am

Originally Posted by MrsFychan (Post 10202296)
have you filled the EOI online and seen what points you get?

No..I have sent documents for assessment.I have filled online form and getting 135 marks but due to 2 years bachelor degree qualification recognization process halt :( what to do ?

MrsFychan Jul 31st 2012 9:20 am

does that mean they have disqualified that and decreased your points?

shabnam17 Jul 31st 2012 9:27 am

no..they dnt disqualified but need verification about 2 years degree but cant understand how to justify them.Although we send all documents but dnt know y they cant

simonsi Jul 31st 2012 11:15 am

Originally Posted by shabnam17 (Post 10202161)
I have 2 years bachelor degree and 2 years Masters degree in computer science with work experience in same field also lies in skill shortage list.Problem is this during qualification assessment they are not able to recognise 2 years bachelor degree and I am worry about it.Do anybody knows the process what to do?I am from Pakistan.Any suggestion ?:confused:

They will be used to the standard 3yr Bachelor and 1yr Masters degree timescales so you will have to justify your qualification is comparable as both time periods are markedly different.

You may have to pay to have the qualifications assessed if it isn't a recognised qualification from an NZIS recognised establishment.

thepinkone Aug 1st 2012 7:05 pm

Have you given them a transcript of your education for your degree - you get this from wherever you got your degree and it shows the level of study and what was studied - you will need to produce this for your visa application anyway if your points come from your qualifications, so maybe getting hold of it (if you haven't already got it, my son was given his with his dgree certificate) and giving them a copy may make it clear that your degree is similar to the kind of dgree or indeed masters that they want.

alexn Aug 2nd 2012 7:08 am

There is an authority called NZQA. They allow for a preliminary assessment of your qualifications and you can also add your work experience. They are the authority that NZ depends on to believe whether your qualifications are recognized for NZ immigration. The prelim is about 100 something NZD or so. I am not too sure, but you can check on the site. Just google it. It's lower than the full asessment several times. If the prelim is successful, things look good for you overall imo. If things are not assessed favourably, you have to get some upgrade on your qualifications to some recognized standards. NZQA may make comments based on the review. A 2 year degree is usually unlikely for a degree in any major field.

Originally Posted by shabnam17 (Post 10202161)

FriendForEver Aug 4th 2012 10:45 am

I have 2 years bachelor degree and 2 years Masters degree in computer science with work experience in same field also lies in skill shortage list.Problem is this during qualification assessment they are not able to recognise 2 years bachelor degree and I am worry about it.Do anybody knows the process what to do?I am from Pakistan.Any suggestion ?
Hi Shabnam,
Your 2 years Bachelor degree will be accessed at Level 6. (Is this is in computer science too ? )

I have BA from University of Karachi they assessed it at Level 6, Then i done my PGD in Computer & Information Sc. It was assessed at Level 7 and after that I done my MCS (2 yrs) and It was assessed at Level 8 in IQA.

PAR is wastage of time and money only. I done my PAR first and they assessed my PGD at Level 6 and MCS at Level 7 and on the basis of my PAR I submitted my EOI (Spent 400$) then after selection applied for IQA (another 800$ ) and at the end outcome for IQA was not as PAR. so my EOI was lapsed.

saus Aug 11th 2012 8:33 am

I think, my situation is quite similar to shabnam's:
Total points: 145

2 years bachelor degree (maths & Physics)
2 years master degree in computer sciences

Question:
Is there any chance of I being getting band 7 from NZQA?

sweethina99 Sep 10th 2012 5:13 am

hi shabnam

I m from pakistan too.
Can u inbox me ur contact no, so that i can contact you wth regards to my nz immigraton process.

Thanks

saus Sep 10th 2012 5:16 am

Thank you for your reply.

My contact # is :
0323 530 87 26
00 92 323 530 87 26 (calling from abroad)

saus Sep 10th 2012 5:19 am

Originally Posted by sweethina99 (Post 10272651)
hi shabnam

I m from pakistan too.
Can u inbox me ur contact no, so that i can contact you wth regards to my nz immigraton process.

Thanks

Thank you for your reply. Below is my contact number:
00 92 323 530 87 26

MrsFychan Sep 10th 2012 6:19 am

Saus have pm'ed you. not a good idea to give out personal information on an open forum