I didnt expect that !

Old Feb 17th 2011, 6:29 pm
Just Joined

Big Glen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I didnt expect that !

Hello all
Any advice will be gratefully recieved on this.
We have been selected from the EOI Pool and had the ITA following this. We are in the process of completing our PR application, infact it is almost ready for posting. Then comes the bombshell. My wife has been told by her perspective employers that they will only keep her job offer open until approx April !
I know she can apply for WTR Visa and me as a Visitors and our daughter as a student visa.

My questions are:
1, how long does the WTR, Visitors and Student process take?
2,How long do visitors and student visa's last for??
3,Whats the fastest process PR or the other 3 options.

Thanks in Advance.
Old Feb 18th 2011, 1:07 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I didnt expect that !

You may be lucky and get your PR visas back in time or you may not. It does say that it will take 1-3mth. It may be worth sending in a note with your ITA informing them of your time constraints. It certainly can't do any harm anyway

As far as I know WTR visas are reasonably fast. Another option could be a work visa. It may be worth looking at the costs and what's involved for each as you are already applying for residency.
Processing Times, London
I am assuming you're applying via the London branch.
Old Feb 18th 2011, 3:58 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for info.
Just want to get through all the red tape and start our new life .
Old Feb 18th 2011, 5:57 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE...NZ forum Good luck with your visa application which ever route you choose As Persephone has already said ..enclose a letter and a copy of prospective employers letter or email with your application, if it's possible you might find handing in your application in person at NZ house a bit more reassuring .... they check through your documents there & then, and at least you know it's arrived!
B
Old Feb 18th 2011, 6:57 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the advice.
Today we have recieved a letter telling us we have been allocated a visa officer so we will also contact them for advice.

Many Thanks.
Old Feb 18th 2011, 9:09 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big Glen
Thanks for the advice.
Today we have recieved a letter telling us we have been allocated a visa officer so we will also contact them for advice.

Many Thanks.
Good to have a contact....use them!!
Old Feb 18th 2011, 9:20 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

My questions are:
We got our WTR visa's back in 5 days door-to-door (ie form and passports sent to passports with visa's back).
They were valid for 30mths, all the same, primary applicant, partner work and children's student visa.

We were in the same situation, got the WTRs etc and are now applying via EOI and are filling in the ITA.

You'll have to duplicate police certificates and medicals if they run out of lifespan but if you apply for PR in parallel then they should be fine for both applications.

I don't think you will beat that turnaround with any other visa.

Old Feb 19th 2011, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

gazmfc has a reputation beyond reputegazmfc has a reputation beyond reputegazmfc has a reputation beyond reputegazmfc has a reputation beyond reputegazmfc has a reputation beyond reputegazmfc has a reputation beyond reputegazmfc has a reputation beyond reputegazmfc has a reputation beyond reputegazmfc has a reputation beyond reputegazmfc has a reputation beyond reputegazmfc has a reputation beyond repute

Hello all
We have been selected from the EOI Pool and had the ITA following this. We are in the process of completing our PR application, infact it is almost ready for posting. Then comes the bombshell. My wife has been told by her perspective employers that they will only keep her job offer open until approx April !
I know she can apply for WTR Visa and me as a Visitors and our daughter as a student visa.

My questions are:

Thanks in Advance.
Hi Glen,

Don't panic, I recently received my PR visa back in 8 days from submitting the application to confirmation of our success, add another 2 weeks for the turn around of passports and you still have plenty of time. Nothing is guaranteed mate but like a few people have already mentioned include a letter explaining the situation and i'm sure NZI will do everything they can to help.

Also, make sure you include an offer letter from the employer with the deadline date and a contract of employment.

Best of luck.
Old Feb 19th 2011, 10:55 am
Just Joined

Wow that was a quick turnaround !
Hopefully ours will be just a quick will talk to our allocated officer next week to test the water.
Old Feb 19th 2011, 12:21 pm
Forum Regular

cookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to allcookie2b is a name known to all

Hey,
we got chatting to one of the Immi NZ reps from london at an expo before we left the UK.

He advised us to let our case officer know straight away if we secure a job offer, in his words....

"case officers have a number of applications to process at any one time. They have these in two piles effectively, one pile being the apps that are supported by a job offer and the other pile of apps that do not. The pile that does moves quicker and should you obtain an offer your application can be moved over and shuffled"

Im pretty sure that if you advise the CO of your situation you'll be A OK
Old Feb 21st 2011, 11:45 am
Forum Regular

thedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of light

If you start to run out of time just apply for a work permit instead, get your partner and children's permits of the back of the main applicant's permit and do everything in person at the immigration office - assuming your local office offers such a service.

We elected to go for work permits instead of PR first time around and once we'd collated the necessary documents including medicals and police checks I went to NZIS in Wellington and from walking in the door I was back out on the streets in something like an hour with all the permits in hand.

Plenty of time yet, but there are other options should things start to get tight time-wise.
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 6:42 pm
Just Joined

We have decided to go for the Work,Visitor and Student visas.
Then apply for PR when we arrive as we dont want to take the gamble of losing out on my wifes job offer.

Thanks to everyone, It helps take a little of the stress out of it all the grief.
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 7:03 pm
Forum Regular

john and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant future
Talking Re: I didnt expect that !

Hello all

My questions are:

Thanks in Advance.
SO..............it looks like speaking to an embassy or imig office and asking for Fast track....maybe you have to pay?
Old Feb 24th 2011, 4:22 pm
Just Joined

Have tried to contact img officer but had no reply as of yet
This maybe be due to the quake in Chrischurch.
Old Feb 25th 2011, 5:25 am
Just Joined

excuse my poor spelling I ment Christchurch !