British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   i am a new member (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/i-am-new-member-629269/)

minasaed Sep 5th 2009 12:21 pm

i am a new member

actually, i am so grateful for what everyone's doing here in this forum to help others, in fact i am a new member and i would love to ask you about my condition and my odds to immigrate to new zealand where
i am 26 years old
a pharmacist of 4 years experience
i got ielts score of 7
and at this point i am stuck ; because i don't know whether this score is convenient for being a pharmacist or not especially i got 6 in one of the band

i would be so thankful for any help

MnB Sep 5th 2009 2:27 pm

Re: i am a new member

Hi sorry can't help with your question but....a big welcome to BE!! I am sure someone who can help will be along later... good luck!
B x

shelloid Sep 5th 2009 3:30 pm

Hi mina,
Another fellow pharmacist here! I'm currently in the process of registering in New Zealand.

I'm not sure where you're from - the Pharmacy Council has different requirements depending on the country you're from.

You do need an Academic IELTS test to register with the PCNZ and it does need to be 7 in all of te 4 bands and a minimum overall band score of 7.5. However, there are exemptions to the IELTS. If you look on the PCNZ website there is information regarding their registration criteria.

Here's the link for the non-Ausrtalian/UK/Ireland/US/Canada information: http://www.pharmacycouncil.org.nz/other_overseas

And the link for the Ausrtalian/UK/Ireland/US/Canada info: http://www.pharmacycouncil.org.nz/reqr

I hope this helps - if there's any more info I'll try to help you out!

Shell

minasaed Sep 5th 2009 5:25 pm

[QUOTE=minasaed;7906755]actually, i am so grateful for what everyone's doing here in this forum to help others, in fact i am a new member and i would love to ask you about my condition and my odds to immigrate to new zealand where
i am 26 years old
a pharmacist of 4 years experience
i got ielts score of 7
and at this point i am stuck ; because i don't know whether this score is convenient for being a pharmacist or not especially i got 6 in one of the band

i would be so thankful for any help[/QUOT

thank you so much for reply , i am from Egypt , my question is : away from the language exemptions what is the required minimum score for a pharmacist to immigrate to new zealand and if my score is not enough what is the kind of exemptions which is going to help ? i am eager to have an answer for this question , since everything is frozen till i can be sure about this part
thanks

BEVS Sep 5th 2009 10:36 pm

thank you so much for reply , i am from Egypt , my question is : away from the language exemptions what is the required minimum score for a pharmacist to immigrate to new zealand and if my score is not enough what is the kind of exemptions which is going to help ? i am eager to have an answer for this question , since everything is frozen till i can be sure about this part
thanks
Are you specifically asking about IELTS/OET scores ?

I found the booklet which details the requirements from Shelloids links. Please CLICK HERE to download and read.

It states.

The original copy of the Test Report of the International English Language Testing System (IELTS), or the original copy of the Occupational English Test (OET), or a completed IELTS/OET exemption form

Policy for IELTS certificate requirements for overseas registered pharmacists applying for registration as a pharmacist in New Zealand.
All overseas registered pharmacist applicants applying for registration as a pharmacist in New Zealand must produce an Academic IELTS (International English Language Testing System) certificate, no more than two years old, with no less than 7 in each of the four bands (listening, speaking, reading and writing) and a minimum overall band score of 7.5. Results from previous IELTS tests obtained within one year of subsequent tests will be deemed acceptable if the applicant does not achieve all of the required results at one sitting. This must be produced at Step 1 of the application process.
and also

Policy for Exemption Criteria Requirements for overseas registered pharmacists applying for registration as a pharmacist in New Zealand.

An applicant may be exempted from passing an IELTS or an OET test if he or she provides evidence satisfactory to the Council for the following criteria:
·English is an official language of your country (refer CIA – The World Fact Book http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/). The Council only recognises countries listed on this website as having English as a first language*.
·Evidence of completion of an undergraduate pharmacy degree for which the sole language of instruction and assessmentwas English.
·Written testimonies on letterhead and signed by an employer of the applicant’s continuous work in a pharmacy where English is the prime language for a period of at least 2 years within the previous 5 years immediately prior to application.
·Written signed evidence on letterhead from at least two suitably experienced pharmacists who speak English as a first language of the applicant’s ability to comprehend and communicate effectively in English (both written and oral) in a clinical setting with both patients and professional colleagues. Referees will be contacted directly by Council and their testimonies will be evaluated against the relevant elements of the Pharmacy Council of NZ Competence Standards.

* First language (native language, mother tongue or vernacular) is defined as the language a person learns first, usually from their family. One can have two (or more) native languages, thus being a native bilingual. The order in which these languages are learnt is not necessarily the order of proficiency. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_language.

shelloid Sep 6th 2009 7:17 am

thanks BEVS that's exactly the bit I was meaning.