Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

I am in a big dilemma and i need ur help guys.

I am in a big dilemma and i need ur help guys.

Old Dec 28th 2011, 6:26 am
Forum Regular

kimoloop is just really nicekimoloop is just really nicekimoloop is just really nicekimoloop is just really nicekimoloop is just really nicekimoloop is just really nicekimoloop is just really nicekimoloop is just really nice
Question I am in a big dilemma and i need ur help guys.

Hi guys,

i have granted a silver fern visa and i arrived in Auckland 4 months ago. I found a job 2 months ago and i have applied for residence about 3 weeks ago.
the residence application include Me[Main applicant] , My Wife [second applicant] and our son, I live in NZ now and they still in Egypt.
5 days ago i received an email from one of the queue team in INZ asking me for partner ship evidence between me and my wife and told me that our marriage certificate and our son birth certificate is not enough, i started to gather some evidence and i am planing to send them soon.
today i was talking to one of my friends at work who know an immigration agent, he called the agent guy and he shocked me when he said that putting my wife and child on my residency application will strongly slow my process time and it will take a minimum of 9 to 12 months to get my residence!!!
i was thinking that my application will only take 3 to 4 months.
he also said that because u live here and she live in Egypt ur chance is 13% to success!!
is this guy right??
and if he is right should i start work on extending my silver fern visa and then tell my wife to apply for a student or worker [which one is fastest] to be able to get in here?

sorry guys but i really miss my wife and child and i need to know the fastest way to be able to get them in to here.

Am i thinking right, by applying for two type of visa on the same time?

Thanks
Old Dec 28th 2011, 10:22 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I am in a big dilemma and i need ur help guys.

I don't think you are being advised correctly, we are applying as a family with my husband being the main applicant as he is working there. We were allocated a case officer within 10days of submitting the ITA and are now in the process, medicals done. Not sure if it will be the same as Silver Fern but you could always pop to the local Immigration office and speak to someone there
Old Dec 29th 2011, 12:33 am
Forum Regular

kimoloop is just really nicekimoloop is just really nicekimoloop is just really nicekimoloop is just really nicekimoloop is just really nicekimoloop is just really nicekimoloop is just really nicekimoloop is just really nice

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
I don't think you are being advised correctly, we are applying as a family with my husband being the main applicant as he is working there. We were allocated a case officer within 10days of submitting the ITA and are now in the process, medicals done. Not sure if it will be the same as Silver Fern but you could always pop to the local Immigration office and speak to someone there
Thank you so much for ur reply.
i went to INZ today and they told me exactly what u said.
They adviced me to extend my work visa and tell my family to apply for a visitor visa, do u know how long it would take to process a visitor visa?

Thanks
Old Dec 29th 2011, 4:13 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

I can't help with your question Kimoloop but just wanted to wish you the best of luck & hope that your wife & child are able to follow you here very soon . It's horrible being apart from loved ones.
Old Dec 29th 2011, 4:16 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
I can't help with your question Kimoloop but just wanted to wish you the best of luck & hope that your wife & child are able to follow you here very soon . It's horrible being apart from loved ones.
Thanks you so much Vitals, Your words really touched my heart.
Thanks again for your sweet reply.
Old Dec 30th 2011, 5:10 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by kimoloop
Hi guys,i have granted a silver fern visa
Lovely to see you
and i arrived in Auckland 4 months ago. I found a job 2 months ago and i have applied for residence about 3 weeks ago
That's as a developer programmer ? On the Long term shortage list.
the residence application include Me[Main applicant] , My Wife [second applicant] and our son,
Seems a sound idea to include the family

I live in NZ now and they still in Egypt.
We had to do that. Mr BEVS was here in NZ and I was still in the UK.

5 days ago i received an email from one of the queue team in INZ asking me for partner ship evidence between me and my wife and told me that our marriage certificate and our son birth certificate is not enough,
True. It isn't. They like way more bits of paper, postcards, love letters , photos. I sometimes think they just like to be nosey

i started to gather some evidence and i am planing to send them soon.
Good.

today i was talking to one of my friends at work who know an immigration agent, he called the agent guy and he shocked me when he said that putting my wife and child on my residency application will strongly slow my process time and it will take a minimum of 9 to 12 months to get my residence!!!
Well. What can one say to this.

1 - Who is the Immy agent?
2 - Each case is processed on it's own merit. However, the agent may know something about the process times for your area of the world. I do think some areas can be a lot slower if I am honest.

i was thinking that my application will only take 3 to 4 months.
Hhmm. I think it could be longer. But that is only a guess on my part.

he also said that because u live here and she live in Egypt ur chance is 13% to success!!
is this guy right??
I've no idea but I think it is doubtful. You can't deny that you have a wife and child can you. He is suggesting that because you have family that your chances , under a silver fern visa, are diminished. I'm not sure what the criteria is for Silver Fern Visa . I'd have to read up.

and if he is right should i start work on extending my silver fern visa and then tell my wife to apply for a student or worker [which one is fastest] to be able to get in here?
If you have a permanent job offer under the skilled migrant category, why not go for a full temporary work permit ? Your wife would apply ont he back of that and the child have a visitor/student visa. Of course, NZIS will still want you all to prove beyond the shadow of a doubt that you are a bone fida family. We all have to do that though

sorry guys but i really miss my wife and child and i need to know the fastest way to be able to get them in to here.

Am i thinking right, by applying for two type of visa on the same time?
Not sure what you mean. I think you need to simply get enough proof to show that you are a family. It will take longer perhaps but this may well be because you came into NZ under the Silver Fern Visa. They will check and double check to make sure of the application.

Also as previously stated the process can be slower for some source countries. Right or wrong.

I do hope your wife and child are OK in Egypt Kimoloop. There have been some disturbing reports of late.

Thanks[/quote]
Old Dec 30th 2011, 5:20 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BEVS
Lovely to see you

That's as a developer programmer ? On the Long term shortage list.

Seems a sound idea to include the family

We had to do that. Mr BEVS was here in NZ and I was still in the UK.

True. It isn't. They like way more bits of paper, postcards, love letters , photos. I sometimes think they just like to be nosey

Good.

Well. What can one say to this.

1 - Who is the Immy agent?
2 - Each case is processed on it's own merit. However, the agent may know something about the process times for your area of the world. I do think some areas can be a lot slower if I am honest.

Hhmm. I think it could be longer. But that is only a guess on my part.

I've no idea but I think it is doubtful. You can't deny that you have a wife and child can you. He is suggesting that because you have family that your chances , under a silver fern visa, are diminished. I'm not sure what the criteria is for Silver Fern Visa . I'd have to read up.

If you have a permanent job offer under the skilled migrant category, why not go for a full temporary work permit ? Your wife would apply ont he back of that and the child have a visitor/student visa. Of course, NZIS will still want you all to prove beyond the shadow of a doubt that you are a bone fida family. We all have to do that though

Not sure what you mean. I think you need to simply get enough proof to show that you are a family. It will take longer perhaps but this may well be because you came into NZ under the Silver Fern Visa. They will check and double check to make sure of the application.

Also as previously stated the process can be slower for some source countries. Right or wrong.

I do hope your wife and child are OK in Egypt Kimoloop. There have been some disturbing reports of late.

Thanks
[/QUOTE]
Hi BEVS,
Happy new year for you and for all the forum members.
Thanks a lot for this detailed reply, u r the best as usual.
I have visited INZ yesterday and they told me i could extend my SF visa and then they could apply for a visitor visa from Egypt, all of that while waiting for the residence application to be processed.
Do you know how much the visitor visa could take?
Staying in Egypt is not good now a days, its safe but no one could know what will happen next, there is a lot of political conflicts and the army wants to role and this kind of stuff.

Happy new year again every body
Old Jan 1st 2012, 7:27 pm
Just Joined

liz_r is just really niceliz_r is just really niceliz_r is just really niceliz_r is just really niceliz_r is just really niceliz_r is just really niceliz_r is just really niceliz_r is just really nice

I don't know very much about NZ immigration (I'm an Aussie citizen myself so don't need to jump through their hoops when I move out to NZ later this year), however, I would be a little wary of too much "doom and gloom" being portrayed by an immigration agent - basically, they are trying to drum up business for themselves and so will of course make out that the process is going to be a whole lot more difficult than it probably is, and that you "couldn't possibly" manage it yourself, without an agent's help (and their fees...) Probably best to always get the information straight from the horse's mouth, i.e. INZ. Cynical, me?!?
Old Jan 1st 2012, 7:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by liz_r
I don't know very much about NZ immigration (I'm an Aussie citizen myself so don't need to jump through their hoops when I move out to NZ later this year), however, I would be a little wary of too much "doom and gloom" being portrayed by an immigration agent - basically, they are trying to drum up business for themselves and so will of course make out that the process is going to be a whole lot more difficult than it probably is, and that you "couldn't possibly" manage it yourself, without an agent's help (and their fees...) Probably best to always get the information straight from the horse's mouth, i.e. INZ. Cynical, me?!?
+1