Hurrah...case officer allocated already!

Old May 21st 2008, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

saritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to all
Smile Hurrah...case officer allocated already!

Only sent ITA in less than 3 weeks ago and have been allocated case officer already. Not got a job offer or anything either. Things are moving on for the bear family.

Old May 21st 2008, 12:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

teebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hurrah...case officer allocated already!

Originally Posted by saritabear

Only sent ITA in less than 3 weeks ago and have been allocated case officer already. Not got a job offer or anything either. Things are moving on for the bear family.

Well done!

When our ITA arrived last week we had a letter saying our case office is Mr XXXX (can't remember his name), but do you get another one then??
Old May 21st 2008, 1:29 pm
Forum Regular

saritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to allsaritabear is a name known to all

the woman who contacted us yesterday is different to the person who sent us the letter with the ITA attached. Might be different for different cases though.
Old May 21st 2008, 4:28 pm
Cat (Mad) Sitter

Location: Anywhere and Everywhere, we're International House Sitters! :)
Water Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond repute

WOW, 3 weeks?!? That's really quick! Congratulations!!

Hope the rest of the process goes just as smoothly!
Old May 21st 2008, 4:39 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Water Lily
WOW, 3 weeks?!? That's really quick! Congratulations!!

Hope the rest of the process goes just as smoothly!
The other bit was longer. EOI took 2 days to be selected but then we waited 6 weeks to get the ITA (over Christmas). Wasn't expecting to hear anything till August really. Got to get skates on now!
They want more detail on OHs current job and a list of all our immediate family, their material status and where they live. Phew. It never ends....
sb
Old May 21st 2008, 4:45 pm
Cat (Mad) Sitter

Water Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond repute

The other bit was longer. EOI took 2 days to be selected but then we waited 6 weeks to get the ITA (over Christmas). Wasn't expecting to hear anything till August really. Got to get skates on now!
They want more detail on OHs current job and a list of all our immediate family, their material status and where they live. Phew. It never ends....
sb
Well that's still quicker than us! Guess you had more points than us? We only had 115. Our status changed to "decision successful" only today, exactly 8 weeks after being selected. Hope the ITA doesn't take long to arrive in the post now!

Good luck with the next steps! Do keep us posted....

(still wondering if you're the same Sarita from Bolton my husband used to know... unless that's not your real name! )

Maria
Old May 21st 2008, 5:13 pm
Forum Regular

Well that's still quicker than us! Guess you had more points than us? We only had 115. Our status changed to "decision successful" only today, exactly 8 weeks after being selected. Hope the ITA doesn't take long to arrive in the post now!

Good luck with the next steps! Do keep us posted....

(still wondering if you're the same Sarita from Bolton my husband used to know... unless that's not your real name! )

Maria
oooh no....don't think so. pseudonym is sarita just cos its spanish for sarah. we had 150 points. I'm a teacher and OH is in IT plus we have a relly in Auckland so get points for her too.
I spoke to aforementioned case officer today. Blimey o'reilly. Conversation went something like this:
me: hello, you sent us an email yesterday.
her: I sent lots of emails yesterday.
me: oh ok. I was just ringing to say we may find it difficult to give you a reference from my OHs boss as he doesn't know about the move yet.
her: well, he's legally entitled to get one so he should, otherwise we'll ring the boss and get one
megulp) erm ok. we also have a report from the hospital on OHs liver scan. Is it ok to send it in?
her: I'm not a doctor so I can't say if its ok or not. I don't know.
me: err. ok. we'll just send it in then. thanks, bye

sweating profusely by this stage......hope she was just having a bad day!
sarah
Old May 21st 2008, 6:50 pm
Cat (Mad) Sitter

"Little Sarah" actually

Blimey, that sounds pretty rude , even if she was having a bad day like you say, there is no need for that!!

Hopefully she'll have a glass (or two) of wine tonight and be in a better mood tomorrow!
Old May 21st 2008, 6:52 pm
Forum Regular

"Little Sarah" actually

Blimey, that sounds pretty rude , even if she was having a bad day like you say, there is no need for that!!

Hopefully she'll have a glass (or two) of wine tonight and be in a better mood tomorrow!
my sister lives in Wiltshire - erm Lyneham I think. Her OH is in the army. Do you speak spanish too? I'm a spanish teacher by trade and am off to Madrid next month with the girls. Yay!
Old May 21st 2008, 6:55 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

oooh no....don't think so. pseudonym is sarita just cos its spanish for sarah. we had 150 points. I'm a teacher and OH is in IT plus we have a relly in Auckland so get points for her too.
I spoke to aforementioned case officer today. Blimey o'reilly. Conversation went something like this:
me: hello, you sent us an email yesterday.
her: I sent lots of emails yesterday.
me: oh ok. I was just ringing to say we may find it difficult to give you a reference from my OHs boss as he doesn't know about the move yet.
her: well, he's legally entitled to get one so he should, otherwise we'll ring the boss and get one
megulp) erm ok. we also have a report from the hospital on OHs liver scan. Is it ok to send it in?
her: I'm not a doctor so I can't say if its ok or not. I don't know.
me: err. ok. we'll just send it in then. thanks, bye

sweating profusely by this stage......hope she was just having a bad day!
sarah

Many congratulations!

Looks like things are moving quickly at NZ House now! That was very fast.
Case Officer sounds pretty rude, hopefully she was just having a really bad day and will be all sweetness and light next time you speak!

All the best
Sue
Old May 21st 2008, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sue R
Many congratulations!

Looks like things are moving quickly at NZ House now! That was very fast.
Case Officer sounds pretty rude, hopefully she was just having a really bad day and will be all sweetness and light next time you speak!

All the best
Sue
Hmmm. We'll see. I'll try jumping through a few hoops first and see how I get on then!
sarah
Old May 21st 2008, 7:02 pm
Cat (Mad) Sitter

my sister lives in Wiltshire - erm Lyneham I think. Her OH is in the army. Do you speak spanish too? I'm a spanish teacher by trade and am off to Madrid next month with the girls. Yay!
I AM Spanish - from Madrid!!

I'm serious, haven't been very often since I left back in 95, so don't start asking me for advice on where to go for drinks as I bet the "scene" will have changed a fair bit since I was there!! Or by "girls" you mean daughters rather than girlfriends?

Lyneham is about 20 mins from us! So if you come to visit your sister you'll have to pop round for a cuppa . Did you know she is about 5 minutes away from a little place called New Zealand? I kid you not! (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...,0.114069&z=14),

My in-laws live in Lostock, we were there last bank holiday weekend taking the rest of our junk from their loft! Mark (OH) lived there for many years so knows the area well.

Isn't it a small world!!
Old May 21st 2008, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

I AM Spanish - from Madrid!!

I'm serious, haven't been very often since I left back in 95, so don't start asking me for advice on where to go for drinks as I bet the "scene" will have changed a fair bit since I was there!! Or by "girls" you mean daughters rather than girlfriends?

Lyneham is about 20 mins from us! So if you come to visit your sister you'll have to pop round for a cuppa . Did you know she is about 5 minutes away from a little place called New Zealand? I kid you not! (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...,0.114069&z=14),

My in-laws live in Lostock, we were there last bank holiday weekend taking the rest of our junk from their loft! Mark (OH) lived there for many years so knows the area well.

Isn't it a small world!!
How weird is that. I lived in Madrid for a year about 12 years ago....very freaky. And by girls I mean grown up girls so we'll be boozing and shopping and boozing and dancing and flirting and boozing again!!!!
Been on trip advisor to suss out some good spots. Pleased to see that Mauna Loa is still open (el bar hawaiano) so I'm gonna get me a big Volcan as soon as I arrive.
Should be down to see sis in summer so will let you know. Imagine it will go something like this:
me:Hola Sra Water Lily. Que tal?
you: Hola Sra Sarah Bear. Muy bien, y tu?
!!!!! Or we could just stick to normal names and english?!
Old May 21st 2008, 7:24 pm
Cat (Mad) Sitter

How weird is that. I lived in Madrid for a year about 12 years ago....very freaky. And by girls I mean grown up girls so we'll be boozing and shopping and boozing and dancing and flirting and boozing again!!!!
Been on trip advisor to suss out some good spots. Pleased to see that Mauna Loa is still open (el bar hawaiano) so I'm gonna get me a big Volcan as soon as I arrive.
Should be down to see sis in summer so will let you know. Imagine it will go something like this:
me:Hola Sra Water Lily. Que tal?
you: Hola Sra Sarah Bear. Muy bien, y tu?
!!!!! Or we could just stick to normal names and english?!
OMG I had completely forgotten about that place!! You mean the one in Plaza Santa Ana in Huertas, right? The smoking volcano was a must! So cool! Shame they got rid of the Saturday hippy market in the plaza, aaaah the memories

Well if you lived there for a year about the same time I left, then you know as much as I do about where to go... Huertas used to be one of my favourite haunts as it meant just taking one bus home! Did you ever go to the Cuevas, just down the road from Mauna Loa? Cool place with writings on the walls, live piano music and some mean sangria? You've made want to go back for a weekend now! Shame my remaining friends have all got kids now and don't let their hair down anymore!

Happy to speak English or español when we meet; I could probably do with some practice as I hardly ever speak it, mi marido sólo habla un poquito so he's not much use!
Old May 21st 2008, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

OMG I had completely forgotten about that place!! You mean the one in Plaza Santa Ana in Huertas, right? The smoking volcano was a must! So cool! Shame they got rid of the Saturday hippy market in the plaza, aaaah the memories

Well if you lived there for a year about the same time I left, then you know as much as I do about where to go... Huertas used to be one of my favourite haunts as it meant just taking one bus home! Did you ever go to the Cuevas, just down the road from Mauna Loa? Cool place with writings on the walls, live piano music and some mean sangria? You've made want to go back for a weekend now! Shame my remaining friends have all got kids now and don't let their hair down anymore!

Happy to speak English or español when we meet; I could probably do with some practice as I hardly ever speak it, mi marido sólo habla un poquito so he's not much use!
we've all got kids too but an occasional weekend off is a must I think! Yes the one in Santa Ana square. Can't wait. We've rented a little appt in Sol so we can come and go as we please.
Will check out cuevas....can't remember it from before. My hubby likes to think he can habla un poco too but its mostly swear words or useless phrases like que bonito etc etc.
There's room on the sofa bed in the appt if you fancy it?!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.