Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

The Hungarian EOI quandary. your thoughts and views please.

The Hungarian EOI quandary. your thoughts and views please.

Old Aug 15th 2007, 6:33 am
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Hungarian EOI quandary. your thoughts and views please.

That's great news. Hope it goes through for them ok.
Old Aug 15th 2007, 7:15 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by kev&sarah

That was a bit bl**dy quick !!!!!!
EOI selection every fortnight on a Wednesday.
Old Aug 15th 2007, 10:23 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS here
EOI selection every fortnight on a Wednesday.
I know, just didn't realise that 2 weeks have passed by already
Old Aug 15th 2007, 10:48 am
`

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
I know, just didn't realise that 2 weeks have passed by already
That's coz it's dead good here.
Old Aug 15th 2007, 11:54 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS here
That's coz it's dead good here.

I haven't got a clue what day of the week it is, time or month of the year any more. All the seasons have got confused in my head!!

save the smart comments about the contents of my head for another day please
Old Nov 9th 2007, 11:20 am
`

it's been a while and our pals work permits were due to expire so we had the employer and our friends chase the EOI a couple of days ago. Upshot is that their EOI has been refused.
There seems to be a number of reasons. The main one seems to be that Hungary is not a comparable labour market.

Another one is the same problem that plumbers are experiencing with the registration criteria .

We will go for a further 2 year work permit but I just don't know where we can go from here.

Breaks my heart because they so deserve to be here and he is a flippin well plumber.
Old Nov 9th 2007, 11:35 pm
`

Also , that he is paid under the market rate for a plumber. That market rate being $20 to $25 ph. I know several overseas plumbers that have started under this rate .
Old May 13th 2013, 2:19 am
`

May 2013.

I am updating this thread because of a post I have made on Fatbrit's condolence thread in the US forum.

The first EOI was rejected for reasons stated, so we found a quality immigration consultant who would pick over the rules and argue the case for a very reasonable rate.

I copied out the info from Fatbrit ref. trade schools & we gave that, together with everything else to the consultant. We also had to find others working as plumbers for similar low rates. That wasn't that hard TBH.

Anyway. The upshot is that the Hungarian family did gain PR all those years back and are now living a happy life here in NZ. They will never probably be able to buy their own home here. They certainly don't have trappings and toys but it is a whole lot better life than they had in Budapest, the stories of which made the hair curl.